Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Old Oct 23, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: Independent
The prices are ludicrous for this benefit. It's definitely not worth it for expensive hotels anymore. (Sure, fourth night is free and it's *still* more expensive than paying for four nights directly from the hotel.)
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by hkcj
The prices are ludicrous for this benefit. It's definitely not worth it for expensive hotels anymore. (Sure, fourth night is free and it's *still* more expensive than paying for four nights directly from the hotel.)
It's never a true "4th Night Free" compared to a lot of BAR rates but it's typically some sort of discount.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Apologies if this is answered in the thread, but I didn't see it in the Wiki. Unlike some in this thread, we still get value from this benefit.

Normally, we have used this benefit on fairly short notice (i.e. we book a stay perhaps no more than a month or so out) and so I've never booked into a future calendar year. However, due to a variety of circumstances this year we may not get a stay in before 12/31.

So, my question is, given that you are allowed two stays "per year" with this benefit, if I book a stay for sometime next year (i.e. 2024) will that come from our calendar year 2023 allocation or will it come from the 2024 allocation? I guess the question I'm asking is are the two per year based on the date the reservation is made or the actual date of the stay?

I notice that if I do a dummy booking it seems to decrement my counter from 2 to 1, seemingly implying its come from the 2023 allocation, but not sure if that is what will happen in practice or not once we cross into 2024.

Would welcome any personal, direct experiences with this use case if anyone has done this.

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2023, 10:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scubadu
So, my question is, given that you are allowed two stays "per year" with this benefit, if I book a stay for sometime next year (i.e. 2024) will that come from our calendar year 2023 allocation or will it come from the 2024 allocation? I guess the question I'm asking is are the two per year based on the date the reservation is made or the actual date of the stay?
It's the date you booked the reservation. If you book in 2023 it'll use 2023 4NF benefit, even if the stay is in 2024.

The only situation to consider is if you do this and cancel the reservation after 2023 is over and need to rebook... at that point it will use your 2024 4NF. You can't get the unused 2023 4NF back after the year ends.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by david22
It's the date you booked the reservation. If you book in 2023 it'll use 2023 4NF benefit, even if the stay is in 2024.

The only situation to consider is if you do this and cancel the reservation after 2023 is over and need to rebook... at that point it will use your 2024 4NF. You can't get the unused 2023 4NF back after the year ends.
Thanks for confirming and completely understand re: canceling. That makes sense and sort of works as I'd expected it would. We rarely cancel travel plans but even if we did we really would not be out anything for 2023 as if we don't book something we'll end up losing them anyhow.

Regards
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:42 pm

Citi Prestige Remaining Fourth Night Free "Deleted" Before Year End

Citi Prestige Cardholders,

Don't bother trying to book a last minute fourth night free before the year ends, Citi decided to go ahead and remove remaining ones from people's accounts over the last couple of days.

I booked a trip anyway to be safe so I can complain and have them apply it or add a third one in 2024, but this is completely ridiculous and a total bait and switch.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Clorox
Citi Prestige Cardholders,

Don't bother trying to book a last minute fourth night free before the year ends, Citi decided to go ahead and remove remaining ones from people's accounts over the last couple of days.

I booked a trip anyway to be safe so I can complain and have them apply it or add a third one in 2024, but this is completely ridiculous and a total bait and switch.
Might be a glitch on your account, as I was able to book a stay on December 31 and make use of the benefit. (But think about Citi IT, perhaps it’s a glitch in my account )

The bigger surprise was that being able to actually find something that I can make use of the 4th night benefit on. I think this would be my second time using it since they mandated using the portal.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:16 am

Prestige disappeared from Citi Travel

I was trying to check the 4th night free price for an upcoming stay on Citi Travel, and noticed that my Prestige card does not appear under the card list ("Choose the card to book travel with").

Anyone else seeing this? No sure if just a glitch on Citi's part.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I was trying to check the 4th night free price for an upcoming stay on Citi Travel, and noticed that my Prestige card does not appear under the card list ("Choose the card to book travel with").

I see my Prestige card and it shows 2 of 2 4th night frees available.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by hi-guy
I see my Prestige card and it shows 2 of 2 4th night frees available.
I called Citi technical support and they said they'll escalate it. Apparently they did something because now I only see my Prestige card!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:59 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb

I only see my Premier card. Can't switch to Prestige. It is simply not there as an option...
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:16 pm

Impossible to use 4th night "free"

Does anyone have this problem? I have the citi prestige card. I used to be able to get value from the 4th night free but now it is impossible. If I want the 4th night free I need to pay 1.5x the price listed on the hotel's website or ironically booking.com who citi use for their travel reservations. I have this issue on every hotel: expensive mid range low tier.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
Does anyone have this problem? I have the citi prestige card. I used to be able to get value from the 4th night free but now it is impossible. If I want the 4th night free I need to pay 1.5x the price listed on the hotel's website or ironically booking.com who citi use for their travel reservations. I have this issue on every hotel: expensive mid range low tier.
I was able to use it once last year. Besides that, I've barely used this benefit at all anymore.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
I was able to use it once last year. Besides that, I've barely used this benefit at all anymore.
so basically it is a complete scam?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
so basically it is a complete scam?
I've found it valuable for times when I'm not sacrificing elite perks, don't need a 4pm checkout, and there isn't already a 4th night free through Amex/Virtuoso/FSPP/etc. Have used this year for 4 night reservations at Bulgari Rome and FS Seoul and the rate was identical to what I could get online before subtracting the 4th night. Works very well if you're booking a club room or a rate that includes breakfast, so that you're not sacrificing that perk. Obviously it's a niche offering, and the value varies a lot based on your travel patterns.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.