Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hilton AMEX Aspire upgrade vs Citibank Prestige

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT

As few years back, when Citi first offered the Prestige Card, I jumped at the chance, to take advantage of the "too good to be true" benefits - most of which were indeed "too good to be true". With the elimination of travel insurance, 1.6x TY point multiplier for buying AA tickets, watering down of the 4th night free hotel benefit, I am now using Chase Ink Preferred for most business travel (and cell phone) charges. Hilton recently sent me a 150k bonus point offer to upgrade by Surpass card to Aspire, seriously considering it as an alternative to the Prestige for the remaining primary benefit: Priority Pass Select. With the continued Honors points devaluations, 150k points don't go as far as they used to, but I do not expect to have any difficulties putting them to good use. I am traveling a bit less than in the past, now have to go through some gymnastics to qualify for Diamond (stay at 3 different properties when visiting family for a long weekend, for example), would be nice to avoid having to do so in the future. Most of my Hilton stays are still on business, I have been using their business card, wife's surpass for personal stays. Would likely end up using the Aspire for future business stays.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by diver858
....alternative to the Prestige for the remaining primary benefit: Priority Pass Select.....
Be aware that American Express sponsored Priority Pass memberships exclude restaurants:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...st-2019-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.