Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi can't expedite new card even after delivery window has passed?

Citi can't expedite new card even after delivery window has passed?

Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Citi can't expedite new card even after delivery window has passed?

I got approved for the Citi AA Platinum Select personal card on July 23. Automated system said card was mailed on July 26, but I haven't received it until today (in California).

I requested expedited shipping to replace the original card but the rep said it's not possible as it's a new account so I will have to wait another 7-10 days.

Has anyone requested expedited shipping on a Citi AA card in the event the initial one didn't arrive in time?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:11 am

Welcome to Citi. They refuse to expedite cards. It's just how they operate.

I'm a little confused by your post because the first sentence implies you did receive the card, so the issue is resolved. Just typical slow Citi mailing.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by kdm31091
I'm a little confused by your post because the first sentence implies you did receive the card...
I believe he/she meant to say "I haven't received it as of today".

PS Citi CAN expedite the card, but they WON'T.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! Yup, I did mean to say "I haven't received it as of today".
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Funny -- I just received the Citi AA approval letter today but neither the first card nor the second card has arrived yet.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by hightide
I got approved for the Citi AA Platinum Select personal card on July 23. Automated system said card was mailed on July 26, but I haven't received it until today (in California).

I requested expedited shipping to replace the original card but the rep said it's not possible as it's a new account so I will have to wait another 7-10 days.

Has anyone requested expedited shipping on a Citi AA card in the event the initial one didn't arrive in time?
Citi won't do anything to please their customers. That's not all, though, they'll even go as far as having a broken app/website, constantly remove benefits from your card, have a faulty fraud system, and customer service reps who either don't know what they're talking about, or just don't feel like helping you.

If I were you, I would just run away and find a real bank.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:42 pm

I only have one card with Citi (Costco) and I would agree, their app/website leaves a lot to be desired, and the customer service tends to be uneven. One rep will swear something cannot be done, you call again and it's a different story, etc, etc. Just inconsistent and annoying. For weeks I kept having to reset my password because it kept kicking me out of the website and no one had any good explanation. The chat reps basically cannot do anything about anything and will tell you to call.

Sure, if Citi wanted to, they obviously could expedite the shipment of your card. They just don't care enough to actually do. The excuse they give (at least, the one I've heard before in my dealing with them) that it takes several days for their system to generate the card just reeks of BS to me. Generating an account number should take only a second, and printing a card not much longer than that. It's fine if you have a policy not to expedite new cards, but just say that and don't give the customer lame excuses.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:12 am

Citi is able to send expedited replacement cards. They provide this service for high value customers. Citi seems to have a different model than most other cars issues, they focus great customer service on super high value customers, and ignore everyone else. If you request expedited mail the customer service rep will request it and if you are denied then you are a low value customer. American gives us the option of using Barclays I wish Costco had an option other than Citi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.