Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Jan 20, 2023, 10:35 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Practice often differs from policy.
True, but if I don't get reimbursed automatically then I will just contact Citi. I don't see how confirmation by others would have any bearing on others, IMHO.

LAX
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
True, but if I don't get reimbursed automatically then I will just contact Citi. I don't see how confirmation by others would have any bearing on others, IMHO.

LAX
DP was on gift of prime. You can save the gift until you need to renew your prime, or gift it to someone, or simply cash it in.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:17 am

we renewed costco membership with account co-ownerís debit card. it didnít trigger the reimbursement. Confirmed by the bank.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:48 pm

Does CitiGold still reimburse for international ATM withdrawals?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:01 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
It should, but I haven't tried recently.

LAX
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:43 pm

It does and itís still an advertised benefit. Although some (if not most) ATMs include the fee in the withdrawal amount, so you might need to contact Citi for reimbursement.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I remember seeing the 12/24 date before but canít remember where. I thought this is a good confirmation for anyone who might otherwise be worried that charges posting between 12/25-31 wonít count.

Personally I just buy Prime membership gift at the beginning of every year and be done with it
Purchased $139 Amazon Prime gift membership. Transaction showed up immediately as Amazon Prime*XXXX WA. Rebate showed up a few days later on subscription dashboard.

The terms don't seem to exclude gift memberships, as it just says "Rebates apply only to full-priced memberships purchased online. Discounted memberships are not eligible for rebates."
ptatohed likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Purchased $139 Amazon Prime gift membership. Transaction showed up immediately as Amazon Prime*XXXX WA. Rebate showed up a few days later on subscription dashboard.

The terms don't seem to exclude gift memberships, as it just says "Rebates apply only to full-priced memberships purchased online. Discounted memberships are not eligible for rebates."
Any data points on how long one has to be a CitiGold account holder before getting reimbursed for this?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:42 pm

Any data points on how long one has to be a CitiGold account holder before getting reimbursed for this?
Your account need to be enrolled in subscription rebate (Citigold and Citigold Private Client - Subscription Rebate Program). I've heard new accounts getting automatically enrolled in a few weeks, but both SO and I had to ask our RM to manually enroll us.

Once you have access to the subscription dashboard and selected the rebate merchants, you are good to go.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:05 pm

Just adding another datapoint confirming that Amazon gift of prime was fully reimbursed.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:18 am

Anyone know if you can open an individual account + a joint account and get $200 + $200 in benefits. Or should we just do two separate accounts.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:22 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for bringing this to my attention... have to go see my Citibank RM next week and will look into this benefit.

Thanks !!
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks for bringing this to my attention... have to go see my Citibank RM next week and will look into this benefit.

Thanks !!
Did you end up getting the benefit? I always thought it was automatic
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by megadeth
Just purchased the 1 year gift of prime. 1/17/2023
Will update when credit posts.
Sorry for the late update. Credit posted 3 days later.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My mom has 200K to invest in stocks. What is the best way to get CitiGold? Can any of the offers like the one below be combined?

https://banking.citi.com/cbol/invest...9CE28D188D8403

Also there is an offer for some 60K if you open a checking account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.