Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yugi
I had no issue renewing Costco online for 2 years in a row. I had an issue with Amazon though, but it seems that it was not Citi-related.
My renewals in December for both Costco and Amazon went through without a problem. My previous years Amazon had required manual processing, but the last one went through without issues.
Old May 23, 2021, 12:35 pm

I just got my invite. If I set it up so my Prime ($119) and Costco Gold Executive ($120), will they rebate one membership partial up to the $200 or does it all need to fit under $200 to be rebated?
Old May 24, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by crapz1
I just got my invite. If I set it up so my Prime ($119) and Costco Gold Executive ($120), will they rebate one membership partial up to the $200 or does it all need to fit under $200 to be rebated?
They will do partials on whichever one is the 2nd in the calendar year to post. I have the same set up as you.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:03 am

has anyone tried with gift of prime?

Last edited by jamesflyertalk; Jun 8, 2021 at 11:08 am
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I went to renew online at Costco, and it said that it's an invalid payment method, only Visa is listed as a payment method now. I think last year I allowed my membership to expire, and then I bought a new one. My expiration is now on 09/30. Will wait another 3 months.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:25 am

Anyone without access?

Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

Is there anyone here on FT that also doesnt have access to the rebate?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yugi
I went to renew online at Costco, and it said that it's an invalid payment method, only Visa is listed as a payment method now. I think last year I allowed my membership to expire, and then I bought a new one. My expiration is now on 09/30. Will wait another 3 months.
Are you trying to renew, or to setup auto-renewal?

Auto-renewal is Visa only, and always has been (at least, since they switched to Visa from Amex), however manual renewals should allow Mastercard too. I can't test that as I'm not within the window where I can renew, however if I select the option to Upgrade my membership I get the option to use Mastercard and other cards.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:41 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

I don't have Citigold, but I did check with a Citi banker last year about the program because I was interested. I was told the program was supposed to be regional initially, but due to be rolled out nationwide. Then, the pandemic hit and put a pause on that plan. I haven't checked with the banker recently, so not sure if has been rolled out nationwide yet.

LAX
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott

I signed up few years ago via the link.
https://citigold.citi.com/subscriptions
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Are you trying to renew, or to setup auto-renewal?

Auto-renewal is Visa only, and always has been (at least, since they switched to Visa from Amex), however manual renewals should allow Mastercard too. I can't test that as I'm not within the window where I can renew, however if I select the option to Upgrade my membership I get the option to use Mastercard and other cards.
I'm trying to renew. When I go to my account to renew, it says that the only accepted payment methods are Visa credit or debit.

UPDATE: Yes, you're right, I was able to renew with MC debit, was looking in the wrong section (autorenew).

Last edited by yugi; Jul 16, 2021 at 10:40 am
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum

I'm in the same boat too - been Citigold for many years, yet still no access to the subscription benefit. I have contacted my RM, and was told it's "regional" or that "you're not targeted yet" but have heard that for at least the 2 years I've inquired hoping it gets rolled out nationwide. When I go to the link, it just says that the RM will contact me shortly..
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I'm in the same boat too - been Citigold for many years, yet still no access to the subscription benefit. I have contacted my RM, and was told it's "regional" or that "you're not targeted yet" but have heard that for at least the 2 years I've inquired hoping it gets rolled out nationwide. When I go to the link, it just says that the RM will contact me shortly..
Thanks for the datapoint. At least it's more comforting knowing I'm not the only one. The customer service people have gave me a wide range of reasons ranging from an IT glitch, my RM needs to enroll me, to that my debit card "is the wrong flavor." My RM has been telling me that she can only enroll me when the system says so. Well at least she's been consistent.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:21 am

I haven't tried the subscriptions benefit yet, but noticed that they require enrollment on this page -- https://citigold.citi.com/subscriptions
So make sure you went through that step before charging to the DC.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:26 am

That just takes you to a page with a generic message, not one you can sign up from. “Your household will have the opportunity to enjoy up to $200 in rebates on subscriptions, streaming services and more. Look for an email from Citi in the new year announcing this special benefit with an option to enroll in the program.*
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:54 am

Got an invitation email (subject Welcome to the Citigold Subscription Rebate Program) a couple days ago, and was able to see the rebate dashboard and select rebate programs. Now just need the rebates to actually show up
HankAAFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.