Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Apr 3, 2021, 11:21 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,179
Originally Posted by yugi
I had no issue renewing Costco online for 2 years in a row. I had an issue with Amazon though, but it seems that it was not Citi-related.
My renewals in December for both Costco and Amazon went through without a problem. My previous years Amazon had required manual processing, but the last one went through without issues.
docbert is offline  
Old May 23, 2021, 12:35 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 289
I just got my invite. If I set it up so my Prime ($119) and Costco Gold Executive ($120), will they rebate one membership partial up to the $200 or does it all need to fit under $200 to be rebated?
crapz1 is offline  
Old May 24, 2021, 1:02 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Western US
Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Posts: 1,251
Originally Posted by crapz1
I just got my invite. If I set it up so my Prime ($119) and Costco Gold Executive ($120), will they rebate one membership partial up to the $200 or does it all need to fit under $200 to be rebated?
They will do partials on whichever one is the 2nd in the calendar year to post. I have the same set up as you.
akr1970akr is offline  
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:03 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
has anyone tried with gift of prime?

Last edited by jamesflyertalk; Jun 8, 2021 at 11:08 am
jamesflyertalk is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:16 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TYS/BNA/ATL
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Posts: 2,014
I went to renew online at Costco, and it said that it's an invalid payment method, only Visa is listed as a payment method now. I think last year I allowed my membership to expire, and then I bought a new one. My expiration is now on 09/30. Will wait another 3 months.
yugi is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:25 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 883
Anyone without access?

Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

Is there anyone here on FT that also doesnt have access to the rebate?
ithinkurdumb is offline  
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:36 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,179
Originally Posted by yugi
I went to renew online at Costco, and it said that it's an invalid payment method, only Visa is listed as a payment method now. I think last year I allowed my membership to expire, and then I bought a new one. My expiration is now on 09/30. Will wait another 3 months.
Are you trying to renew, or to setup auto-renewal?

Auto-renewal is Visa only, and always has been (at least, since they switched to Visa from Amex), however manual renewals should allow Mastercard too. I can't test that as I'm not within the window where I can renew, however if I select the option to Upgrade my membership I get the option to use Mastercard and other cards.
docbert is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:41 pm
  #38  
LAX
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA
Programs: OZ Diamond
Posts: 6,157
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

Is there anyone here on FT that also doesnt have access to the rebate?
I don't have Citigold, but I did check with a Citi banker last year about the program because I was interested. I was told the program was supposed to be regional initially, but due to be rolled out nationwide. Then, the pandemic hit and put a pause on that plan. I haven't checked with the banker recently, so not sure if has been rolled out nationwide yet.

LAX
ithinkurdumb likes this.
LAX is offline  
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:39 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TYS/BNA/ATL
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

Is there anyone here on FT that also doesnt have access to the rebate?
I signed up few years ago via the link.
https://citigold.citi.com/subscriptions
yugi is offline  
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:40 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TYS/BNA/ATL
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by docbert
Are you trying to renew, or to setup auto-renewal?

Auto-renewal is Visa only, and always has been (at least, since they switched to Visa from Amex), however manual renewals should allow Mastercard too. I can't test that as I'm not within the window where I can renew, however if I select the option to Upgrade my membership I get the option to use Mastercard and other cards.
I'm trying to renew. When I go to my account to renew, it says that the only accepted payment methods are Visa credit or debit.

UPDATE: Yes, you're right, I was able to renew with MC debit, was looking in the wrong section (autorenew).

Last edited by yugi; Jul 16, 2021 at 10:40 am
yugi is offline  
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:15 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Ive been a Citigold client for years, yet still have no access. Every time I called I was given a different reason (its automated, your RM has to invite you, or that my debit card is too old).

Is there anyone here on FT that also doesnt have access to the rebate?
I'm in the same boat too - been Citigold for many years, yet still no access to the subscription benefit. I have contacted my RM, and was told it's "regional" or that "you're not targeted yet" but have heard that for at least the 2 years I've inquired hoping it gets rolled out nationwide. When I go to the link, it just says that the RM will contact me shortly..
ithinkurdumb likes this.
HankAAFlyer is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:32 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I'm in the same boat too - been Citigold for many years, yet still no access to the subscription benefit. I have contacted my RM, and was told it's "regional" or that "you're not targeted yet" but have heard that for at least the 2 years I've inquired hoping it gets rolled out nationwide. When I go to the link, it just says that the RM will contact me shortly..
Thanks for the datapoint. At least it's more comforting knowing I'm not the only one. The customer service people have gave me a wide range of reasons ranging from an IT glitch, my RM needs to enroll me, to that my debit card "is the wrong flavor." My RM has been telling me that she can only enroll me when the system says so. Well at least she's been consistent.
ithinkurdumb is offline  
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:21 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,491
I haven't tried the subscriptions benefit yet, but noticed that they require enrollment on this page -- https://citigold.citi.com/subscriptions
So make sure you went through that step before charging to the DC.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:26 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 272
That just takes you to a page with a generic message, not one you can sign up from. “Your household will have the opportunity to enjoy up to $200 in rebates on subscriptions, streaming services and more. Look for an email from Citi in the new year announcing this special benefit with an option to enroll in the program.*
Hornetcoach is offline  
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:54 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 883
Got an invitation email (subject Welcome to the Citigold Subscription Rebate Program) a couple days ago, and was able to see the rebate dashboard and select rebate programs. Now just need the rebates to actually show up
HankAAFlyer likes this.
ithinkurdumb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.