Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by mia
Card rejected for payment?
Yes, that's correct. It may be a rejection on Hulu's side though, since I'm currently living overseas and hulu states that Hulu usage is only valid within the US. I was trying to make the purchase via a VPN.
mia likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JusRelax
Yes, that's correct. It may be a rejection on Hulu's side though, since I'm currently living overseas and hulu states that Hulu usage is only valid within the US. I was trying to make the purchase via a VPN.
If you call Citi they should be able to confirm if they rejected it or not. If the transaction is coming over a VPN then it's certainly possible that their anti-fraud stuff (eg, 3Dsecure) kicked in and blocked the transaction, in which case they should be able to mark it as allowed and you can try again. That said, Hulu do at least attempt to block VPNs, so it's also very possible it was indeed them.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:29 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by dmitri
Yes, I'm subscribing to Hulu with a Disney+ add-on for $10.98/month. It's reimbursed in full every month within a day or two of posting.
Thanks. I will probably sign up instead of letting the rest of my reimbursement go to waste.

LAX
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone opened a citigold account recently and was able to get the subscription benefits?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:57 am

anyone tried costco gift card or gift of membership and see if it works
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:05 pm

Could you use the rebate for two of the same type? ie. Global Entry for me and someone else.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by kw105
Could you use the rebate for two of the same type? ie. Global Entry for me and someone else.
Yes. At least for Prime and Costco.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:19 pm
LAX

Just curious. Has anyone gotten a gift membership for Costco reimbursed?

LAX
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looks like there's a new subscription option for Citigold Private Clients - Blade. Presumably this is off their $795 "Airport Pass" which gives you fixed price $95 helicopter flights between Manhattan and the NYC airports. Unfortunately it's not available for lowly CitiGold clients
Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:13 pm

If you're looking for something to chew up a few left-over dollars of subscriptions, Hulu has a Black Friday offer of 99 cents/month for 12 months for their "with ads" subscription. (Normally $8/month). Ends tomorrow (28th)
https://help.hulu.com/s/article/black-friday-promo

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to pay a year in advance and get this price if you've got extra 2023 credit.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Platinum, Avis President's Circle, PC Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LAX
Just curious. Has anyone gotten a gift membership for Costco reimbursed?

LAX
Yes - I bought a membership on Costco.com (physical card sent to me via USPS) and was reimbursed.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Yes. At least for Prime and Costco.
so we can have two costco membership during the same year with the same credit card and they both will get reinbursed?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
With Gift of Prime no longer an option

LAX
Running out of time.
buying a $139 AMZ or $120 Costco GC work?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:35 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by vickh
Running out of time.
I thought I read somewhere (can't remember) that Amazon GC won't work (at least not automatically). I am not sure how you are able to buy $120 Costco GC unless in store allows variable amount.

LAX
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by vickh
Running out of time.
Costco cash cards, at least when purchased on costco.com, won't trigger the credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.