Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:48 pm

Unfortunately, Amazon has removed it's 'give the gift of prime' option, so this method is no longer a working method of maximizing the rebate. I tried purchasing an amazon giftcard for the exact same amount ($149.77 in CA), but it did not register as valid for the subscription rebate.
Old May 1, 2023, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by incarbon
Anyone know if you can open an individual account + a joint account and get $200 + $200 in benefits. Or should we just do two separate accounts.
It's one benefit per household. My wife and I have two fully separate accounts with Citigold and they still only sent ONE offer. So one offer per household address. Unless you do two different addresses, it you'll only get $200 total.
JusRelax likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by baroqen
It's one benefit per household. My wife and I have two fully separate accounts with Citigold and they still only sent ONE offer. So one offer per household address. Unless you do two different addresses, it you'll only get $200 total.
SO and I have the same address and a joint account (in addition to other individual accounts), but we do get separate offers. Perhaps because we opened our accounts separately and quite a few years apart.
JusRelax likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
SO and I have the same address and a joint account (in addition to other individual accounts), but we do get separate offers. Perhaps because we opened our accounts separately and quite a few years apart.
Do you mean that you get 3 separate offers, one for you, one for SO, and one for joint account?
Old May 3, 2023, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by JusRelax
Do you mean that you get 3 separate offers, one for you, one for SO, and one for joint account?
No. We only have two online accounts, and each got its own subscription benefits.
JusRelax likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 12:37 am

Dang, you're lucky but you may be right. We also opened 3. Two separate and one joint, but within weeks of each other. Only one of us got the offer and the banker confirmed that it was one per household.

I could have used both, haha.
Old May 4, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by baroqen
Dang, you're lucky but you may be right. We also opened 3. Two separate and one joint, but within weeks of each other. Only one of us got the offer and the banker confirmed that it was one per household.

I could have used both, haha.
It could be that, or it could be that we have different addresses in the system (my account has an US address while SOs has a Taiwan address).

But neither of us received invite/offer. We both found out we are eligible by signing in to the subscription portal.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Your account need to be enrolled in subscription rebate (Citigold and Citigold Private Client - Subscription Rebate Program). I've heard new accounts getting automatically enrolled in a few weeks, but both SO and I had to ask our RM to manually enroll us.

Once you have access to the subscription dashboard and selected the rebate merchants, you are good to go.
I've been citigold customer for 6 months but the subscription dashboard never worked for me, did you have to ask relationship manager and did you call or email
Old Jun 18, 2023, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I've been citigold customer for 6 months but the subscription dashboard never worked for me, did you have to ask relationship manager and did you call or email
I did ask my RM, but it was during the initial transition from "invite only" to "everyone". If your account has been Citigold for 6 months, probably worth asking your RM.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:40 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
With Gift of Prime no longer an option, I am thinking about subscribing Hulu. Has anyone had success getting add-on through Hulu (ie: Disney+/ESPN+ bundle) reimbursed? TIA.

LAX
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:08 pm

I tried purchasing an amazon giftcard for the exact same amount ($149.77 in CA), but it did not register as valid for the subscription rebate.
Thanks for running the test, was just about to ask this question.

I always use up the credit in Jan to get it out of the way (or in case of changes like this) and will see what is available next Jan I guess.
JusRelax likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1 MM), Marriott Liftetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
For those that struggle to use the full $400 in rebates, I signed up a WSJ/Barrons bundle for $6 a month as a promo rate for the first year and got reimbursed.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
With Gift of Prime no longer an option, I am thinking about subscribing Hulu. Has anyone had success getting add-on through Hulu (ie: Disney+/ESPN+ bundle) reimbursed? TIA.

LAX
Yes, I'm subscribing to Hulu with a Disney+ add-on for $10.98/month. It's reimbursed in full every month within a day or two of posting.
JusRelax likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by dmitri
Yes, I'm subscribing to Hulu with a Disney+ add-on for $10.98/month. It's reimbursed in full every month within a day or two of posting.
I tried signing up for hulu, but every time I try to sign up with my debit card, it gets rejected.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:54 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
....rejected.
Card rejected for payment?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.