FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1975371-citigold-reimbursing-subscription-fees-up-200-year.html)

cestmoi123 Jun 24, 2019 8:49 am

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Got an email from them on Friday, announcing a new program for CitiGold checking customers (might be targeted). If you sign up for the program (took 2-3 minutes), you can select a bunch of subscription services (includes Amazon Prime, Spotify, Hulu, Costco, Global Entry, etc.). Then, if you pay the subscription fees for those services with your Citi debit card, you'll get credited the full amount back, up to a total of $200 a year. Pretty nice benefit. Don't know why I was targeted, but I'm happy to have Citi pay for my Prime and Hulu memberships.

shimps1 Jun 24, 2019 11:05 am

Doctor of Credit Article Here

Must have $200k in deposits with Citi to qualify for CitiGold.

craz Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Can GE(Global Entry) be prepaid? I still have 3+ yrs to go on my laest renewal, but would do it if possible

TTT103 Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 31235394)
Can GE(Global Entry) be prepaid? I still have 3+ yrs to go on my laest renewal, but would do it if possible

Nope—you can renew with one year remaining, but that’s it.

cestmoi123 Jun 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 31234563)
Doctor of Credit Article Here

Must have $200k in deposits with Citi to qualify for CitiGold.

Well, I guess I must have somehow slipped through the net. I've had it for over a decade, and all I have at Citi is a checking acc't with a couple of grand in it I keep for diversification purposes and a couple of rarely-used credit cards.

shimps1 Jun 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 (Post 31235615)
Well, I guess I must have somehow slipped through the net. I've had it for over a decade, and all I have at Citi is a checking acc't with a couple of grand in it I keep for diversification purposes and a couple of rarely-used credit cards.

Lucky you, that's quite the free benefit.

Cosmohunter Dec 13, 2019 11:26 pm

I have used up $100 rebates to get myself a Global Entry. Since I still have $100 remaining, can I use it to buy another Global Entry for my father?

docbert Jan 7, 2020 4:59 pm

Looks like this program is continuing into 2020. Logging in shows a fresh $200 to spend in 2020.

I signed up for Amazon Prime and Costco in December. The Costco rebate processed automatically and was credited back to my account a few days later.

The Amazon Prime did not, which seems to be because Amazon charge sales tax on Prime in California (and apparently some other states) so the amount was $129 rather than the $119 Citibank were looking for. A quick call and they were able to open a claim for it, and apparently it'll be credited in the next week or so (but still against 2019's balance)

akr1970akr Jan 8, 2020 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 31921342)
Looks like this program is continuing into 2020. Logging in shows a fresh $200 to spend in 2020.

I signed up for Amazon Prime and Costco in December. The Costco rebate processed automatically and was credited back to my account a few days later.

The Amazon Prime did not, which seems to be because Amazon charge sales tax on Prime in California (and apparently some other states) so the amount was $129 rather than the $119 Citibank were looking for. A quick call and they were able to open a claim for it, and apparently it'll be credited in the next week or so (but still against 2019's balance)

Our CA based Amazon Prime reimbursed properly, back during the summer.

xrayboy Jan 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 31921342)

How were you able to use the Citi Mastercard Debit card for Costco? Don't they only accept VISA?

rasheed Jan 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by xrayboy (Post 31970518)
How were you able to use the Citi Mastercard Debit card for Costco? Don't they only accept VISA?

Costco takes MC debit. Online, they take all cards.

xrayboy Jan 19, 2020 6:59 pm

ahhh- I see. It would not let me add the MC debit card to my profile, but it let me renew with it. thank you. Got it.

docbert Jan 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by xrayboy (Post 31970953)
ahhh- I see. It would not let me add the MC debit card to my profile, but it let me renew with it. thank you. Got it.

I believe the rule is that you can only setup auto-renew with a Visa card, but you can manually renew with any card.

GUWonder Jan 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 (Post 31235615)

I seem to have slipped in long ago and out and back into this despite always trying to keep my personal Citi current account low too (and going lower over time, as 20 years ago it would have way more than it does now). I am suspecting that in my case it has to do with a branch management decision or a referral to former branch management that has been reassigned but was involved at a prior point.

Sort of ironic that my Citi account requirements/costs have dropped again and yet I am getting more benefits from Citi personal banking now than before. But it also seems like Citi is currently in a phase to boost up new depositor accounts in parts and making offers that would come with Citi 1099s at that. In such an environment, they may not want to see long-time accounts walk away completely, and Citi has become a bit more generous than usual to that end.

akr1970akr Jan 21, 2020 9:55 am

Or it could simply be Citi IT incompetence.

I have a linked account that is getting the CG $200 yearly credit, but the actual account that is creating the CG status is getting nothing.

Typical