Applying for a Citi Card when abroad

Old May 5, 19, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Applying for a Citi Card when abroad

Hi,

So I applied for the Citi Prestige card in early April. I've called the recon line multiple times and each time they had an issue verifying my identity. Kept saying they need to send text/call the number on the application to verify my identity. Unfortunately I've been abroad and don't have access to my phone. Is there anyway to get around this? Can I give them a family member's number in US so they can conference me in, or forward me any SMS they send? I'll be abroad for another few months so not sure what can be done in this situation. They said they'll keep the app open for 90 days.

TIA
Old May 6, 19, 9:17 am

If you have other Citi cards or if have a citi checking account they can use them to verify--- or if you pay your citi bill with a checking acct ( any) they can use it --or ask them to mail you the code and have someone get the mail and give to you --- best ask for a supervisor ---

if you do get approved card will go to address on file , you will need a person to give u the card nbr etc so u can register it online and later call in to give an alternate address to send card

citiis a PITA but worth the effort