FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Stacking Citi Prestige 4th Night Free (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1959350-stacking-citi-prestige-4th-night-free.html)

t0nyy3ung Mar 4, 2019 3:40 pm

Stacking Citi Prestige 4th Night Free

Hello,

I will be going to Hawaii and will be using the 4th night benefit at a hotel I am staying. With extra family joining us I was wondering if I could use the 4th night free benefit at the same time period but a hotel next to ours. It would be a different reservation at a different hotel but during the same time period. Has anyone tried to do this with success? Possibly beat the system or by having one reservation made online and another with concierge?

Thanks,
Tony

MD/DC Flyer Mar 5, 2019 6:52 am

Originally Posted by t0nyy3ung (Post 30847863)
Hello,

I will be going to Hawaii and will be using the 4th night benefit at a hotel I am staying. With extra family joining us I was wondering if I could use the 4th night free benefit at the same time period but a hotel next to ours. It would be a different reservation at a different hotel but during the same time period. Has anyone tried to do this with success? Possibly beat the system or by having one reservation made online and another with concierge?

Thanks,
Tony

It is against the rules. It is hard these days to get two overlapping reservations booked anyway, but in any case only one is going to be paid.

You might get away with it with one reservation via concierge and one via the web site. The one via the web site will be paid automatically, but the one via concierge requires human intervention which most probably will deny reimbursement.

EDIT TO ADD: I wonder if the website is smart enough to know it. I never use website booking because of the inherit limitations it has for fares and benefits, so I have no idea.

s0ju Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post 30850151)
It is against the rules. It is hard these days to get two overlapping reservations booked anyway, but in any case only one is going to be paid.

You might get away with it with one reservation via concierge and one via the web site. The one via the web site will be paid automatically, but the one via concierge requires human intervention which most probably will deny reimbursement.

EDIT TO ADD: I wonder if the website is smart enough to know it. I never use website booking because of the inherit limitations it has for fares and benefits, so I have no idea.

So it should work then if it's not during the same time period? I've never used that benefit, but I've been looking at hotels. If I book 4/13 to 4/17 and then 4/17 to 4/21, I should be able to get the benefits for both of them right? Thanks!

MD/DC Flyer Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ehuang03 (Post 30905716)
So it should work then if it's not during the same time period? I've never used that benefit, but I've been looking at hotels. If I book 4/13 to 4/17 and then 4/17 to 4/21, I should be able to get the benefits for both of them right? Thanks!

As long as it is in different hotels it would be fine.

However, be careful that the reservations will not have any overlap dates - as this would be a reason for denial as the card holder must be present in person for all the nights. They usually have no way of proving that, but if you have overlaping reservations (even if you only charging 4 nights each) they would know.

If your ultimate goal is to have 8 days in each of two different hotels, make sure the hotels do not combine the none Citi reservation into the Citi one (i.e., make sure that in the end you will have 4 folios, not 2).

akr1970akr Mar 19, 2019 2:18 pm

I've had the TYP online portal reject bookings that were back to back with already booked 4NF deals at the same property.

If possible use different hotels for the bookings.

You might be able to pull of an online booking and a concierge booking at the same time but you'd be violating the T&C, and if you didn't get the reimbursement, you wouldn't have any grounds for complaint.

The other risk of doing that - and getting caught - is that it might put eyeballs on your account.

If you have been stretching this benefit or others that may cause mischief.

For folks in P1 and P2 mode, you can just get two Prestiges and do what you want.

s0ju Mar 20, 2019 12:43 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post 30906158)
As long as it is in different hotels it would be fine.

However, be careful that the reservations will not have any overlap dates - as this would be a reason for denial as the card holder must be present in person for all the nights. They usually have no way of proving that, but if you have overlaping reservations (even if you only charging 4 nights each) they would know.

If your ultimate goal is to have 8 days in each of two different hotels, make sure the hotels do not combine the none Citi reservation into the Citi one (i.e., make sure that in the end you will have 4 folios, not 2).

Yep, it'll be at different hotels and I'll be staying at them. I just didn't want to stay in the same hotel for 10 straight nights. Thank you!

fjord Apr 14, 2019 5:35 am

I tried this once in MSY and it didn't work. I didn't get reimbursed. Once I called they said the stays are concurrent.