FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

ninim2200 Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by yzcarp18 (Post 31411957)
I entered invitation code, but it does not change to the personal information input page. Also no errors are displayed. Entertaining a code that has already been used showed the same response. What is going on?

welcome to Flyertalk, try different browser/Private/or incognito , check your information. i tried a code not used and worked fine.

sarasaman Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by BaconSF (Post 31402464)
Damn, used the 9 digit e-mailer and the first time, got the please call xxxxxx notice. I had 4 citi AA cards open at the time, so that might’ve flagged it. I closed the cards to free up credit line and will try again

During application, did you use the same Aadvantage ID or the one that came with the email?

gumercindo Aug 14, 2019 7:21 am

Generally speaking, if you apply too early and violate 2/65, does that mean you need to wait 60-65 days before applying again?

ninim2200 Aug 14, 2019 9:52 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31414918)
Generally speaking, if you apply too early and violate 2/65, does that mean you need to wait 60-65 days before applying again?

You need 60-65 days from 2nd to last application, denied app still count as an app, so no more than 2 apps in 65 days.

ninim2200 Aug 14, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by michaelr (Post 31412500)
For what it is worth, here is a data point. I successfully applied on 5/25, 6/22 and 8/3 for personal Citi AA cards. Tried today 8/13 with a remaining 6/15 mailer and got declined (not unexpectedly).

You had Zero chance getting approved on your last application since it violated the 65 day rule

yoshapman Aug 14, 2019 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31415571)
You had Zero chance getting approved on your last application since it violated the 65 day rule

Asked this once but got no answers, has anyone applied and gotten denied for this reason, and then recon-ed within 30 days after when they were not in violation of 2/65 anymore and been successful without having to submit a new application?

gumercindo Aug 14, 2019 11:10 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31415559)
You need 60-65 days from 2nd to last application, denied app still count as an app, so no more than 2 apps in 65 days.

even with biz apps mixed in? I was under the impression that there were mixed data points With this

shimps1 Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

deleted

flyer4512 Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 31416816)
Anyone have insight on the below?

Wife and I have the same history:
6/9 AA Personal from mailer approved after call
7/12 AA Personal from mailer approved after call
7/12 AA Biz public link (used EINs) approved after call
8/13 AA Personal from mailer denied instantly

I have never had issues with my rolling 33 days using mailers, but given the issues with the mailers, I figured I needed to switch gears to Biz cards. Any idea why we were denied for the 8/13 cards?

If all those apps are for the same person I'm surprised the 2nd app on 7/12 was approved but your 8/13 app was not even close..............you need to wait 65 days for the 3rd card ( or if this case somehow your 4th card) you waited 32

SeeBuyFly Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman (Post 31415634)
Asked this once but got no answers, has anyone applied and gotten denied for this reason, and then recon-ed within 30 days after when they were not in violation of 2/65 anymore and been successful without having to submit a new application?

No.

ninim2200 Aug 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by michaelr (Post 31412500)
For what it is worth, here is a data point. I successfully applied on 5/25, 6/22 and 8/3 for personal Citi AA cards. Tried today 8/13 with a remaining 6/15 mailer and got declined (not unexpectedly).

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31415571)

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 31415918)
even with biz apps mixed in? I was under the impression that there were mixed data points With this

His data only included personal applications.

VinsTravel Aug 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Just got a business mailer with 48 months language. Does this mean churning is over on citi business?

michaelr Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31416957)
His data only included personal applications.

Yes to zero chance but I had to try. Here is an additional more interesting data point. I am running the same game for my wife who has as similar but slightly different application pattern. It varies by a day/week or two. I applied for her as a last ditch effort today and her application went pending. Her previous app date was 8/3. She was approved over the phone today. I reapplied with my last voucher and it went pending.

darthbimmer Aug 15, 2019 12:20 am

6/15 mailer now no longer works.

shimps1 Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

deleted

mia Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 31419699)
I thought the biz apps did not have an effect on the personal ones?

Don't know where this recurring idea has come from. Wikipost says:

No more than 2 Citi applications of any kind in 60 days (65 days to be safe). Any kind includes personal and business, approved and denied, regardless of type (e.g. AA, TY, CostCo, etc.).

flyer4512 Aug 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Day 1
Day 33 x2 (one biz)
Day 65

I have had no problems applying every 33 days for over 2 years. This is the first denial I've had. Only explanation is the biz app, but like i mentioned, I had heard those have no bearing on personal apps?

Every citi app counts so I have no idea how you pulled off 3 cards in 33 days

steveo345 Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 31417971)
6/15 mailer now no longer works.

Goodnight sweet physical mailer prince.

funwizard Aug 15, 2019 1:42 pm

a rookie question. I got a email with 50k offer from an old email of mine created for a dummy aa account. Application opens by but i enter the last name as the aa count it came back sayin as invalid. tried multiple combination and at point application said i have tried multiple option should revert to paper application.
Anyone know wheres the last name being pulled in the application? is it different than the one on the aa ccount?

gnomey Aug 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by funwizard (Post 31420242)
a rookie question. I got a email with 50k offer from an old email of mine created for a dummy aa account. Application opens by but i enter the last name as the aa count it came back sayin as invalid. tried multiple combination and at point application said i have tried multiple option should revert to paper application.
Anyone know wheres the last name being pulled in the application? is it different than the one on the aa ccount?

last name of the AA account holder

if you forget / want to confirm what you specified previously, you need to log back in to the AA account to find that out.

flyer4512 Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31420647)

if you forget / want to confirm what you specified previously, you need to log back in to the AA account to find that out.

I haven't used an emailer yet, does the last name on the email need to mach the last name of the person applying ?

gnomey Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31420958)
I haven't used an emailer yet, does the last name on the email need to mach the last name of the person applying ?

afaik no.
the e-mailer link brings u to the webpage, where the invitation code is greyed out
but once proceed to the application page, all fields is editable, no different from the physical mailer app.

Happy Aug 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 31416816)
Anyone have insight on the below?

Wife and I have the same history:
8/13 AA Personal from mailer denied instantly

I have never had issues with my rolling 33 days using mailers, but given the issues with the mailers, I figured I needed to switch gears to Biz cards. Any idea why we were denied for the 8/13 cards?

When it comes to the count of timeline - several DPs reported upthread very recently, indicate that

- Personal app is affected by biz app. In other words when you count how many applications, you need to count the biz app as well.

- Biz app is not affected by personal app, regardless EIN or SSN as evidenced by the approval despite it was No.3 in the 65 days period - remember, your SSN is also required on the application as well as your own income - the fine prints actually say you are personally responsible for the balance on the card even it is applied under a business. But the biz app does not count the personal app for the purpose of 2 cards every 65 days. Biz card though, has its own count that is, no more than 2 in a 90 days period.

The 8/13 personal app is No.4 app in the past 65 days. Therefore it is an instant denial.

Happy Aug 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Day 1
Day 33 x2 (one biz)
Day 65

I have had no problems applying every 33 days for over 2 years. This is the first denial I've had. Only explanation is the biz app, but like i mentioned, I had heard those have no bearing on personal apps?

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31419777)
Don't know where this recurring idea has come from. Wikipost says:

Wikipost seems to be outdated when it comes to the latest DPs on how the Biz card apps behave.

Go back to just a few weeks ago and start reading - there are several DPs indicate that business cards do NOT count personal card app into the 2/65 while the personal cards incl business card app into the counting. It seems biz cards only has the 2/90 schedule as they always are but no longer be incl in the 2/65, despite its existence affects the count for the next personal card app.

gnomey Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm

yes, the key point is like what Happy said.
> biz app is not affected by personal apps' counts, but personal apps is affected by both personal + biz app counts

i would go further and say that based on my experience, it is the following
> biz app (EIN) is not affected by personal apps' counts, but personal apps is affected by both personal + biz (EIN or SSN) app counts

this is why Shimps DP is the way it is - and it makes perfect sense to me

if Shimps had applied for Biz before Personal on 7/12, it is very likely he would have been rejected for Personal on that day

in summary, the order in which you submit a personal vs biz app is important, more so when you have a previous app within the past 60-90 days.

shimps1 Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm

deleted

pointsifu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by VinsTravel (Post 31417214)
Just got a business mailer with 48 months language. Does this mean churning is over on citi business?

I got one business mailer too with 48 months language. Is that the new normal?

funwizard Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 31420647)

I logged into my account where i got the email and entered the same last name, but still it came back as invalid.

gnomey Aug 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by funwizard (Post 31421511)
I logged into my account where i got the email and entered the same last name, but still it came back as invalid.

then i have no idea
my own experience is that only recently-created AA accounts are targeted for the NLL emailer.
the old accounts set up long ago are not / will not be

luv2vacay Aug 16, 2019 7:27 am

Originally Posted by pointsifu (Post 31421492)
I got one business mailer too with 48 months language. Is that the new normal?

Yes, although folks on reddit are waiting to see if Citi actually denies the bonus as apparently in the past, their IT system wasn't catching the restriction.
I personally wouldn't pull the hard inquiry and do the $5k MSR (for a Business card) just to find out no bonus.
But if you're MS (manufactured spending) then you may want to try and see if it pays off.

I'm guessing it'll be at least a month before we find out (due to how long it takes the points to post).

yoshapman Aug 16, 2019 10:21 am

Originally Posted by luv2vacay (Post 31422552)
Yes, although folks on reddit are waiting to see if Citi actually denies the bonus as apparently in the past, their IT system wasn't catching the restriction.
I personally wouldn't pull the hard inquiry and do the $5k MSR (for a Business card) just to find out no bonus.
But if you're MS (manufactured spending) then you may want to try and see if it pays off.

I'm guessing it'll be at least a month before we find out (due to how long it takes the points to post).

Citicards often have a closing date of a week or so after you activate the card, so it should be less time before we know if someone can spend the $4K fast on the 10/15 mailers.

lincoln boy Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am

I applied AA Biz using 9 digit code and for the first time Citi is asking me to submit a proof of my business and a proof of my address. I have opened Citi AS biz multiple times over the last year and never had to submit such documents. Has anyone experienced the same?

Edit: this time I used EIN not SSN. I don’t know if this is the cause. I have successfully opened four Citi AA biz using SSN without submitting any documents in the past.

mia Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 31423336)
.... Has anyone ....

Yes, scroll back to post 1709 and read forward.

lincoln boy Aug 16, 2019 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31423351)
Yes, scroll back to post 1709 and read forward.

Thanks mia. So it looks like this is a common practice on Citi side now.

flyer4512 Aug 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by funwizard (Post 31420242)

Are you sure the offer hasn't expired ? I went back to an older emailer and tried to use it and received this message.

Enter the Invitation Number from Your Mail Offer

The information entered does not match our records. Please be sure to enter it exactly as shown on your invitation letter. If you prefer, you can mail in the form attached to your invitation letter.

Craig Stevens Aug 18, 2019 7:21 pm

How soon after closing a personal card can you apply for the next one?

SeeBuyFly Aug 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Stevens (Post 31430575)

Are you aware that there is a wiki at the top of this thread? If you have questions after reading the wiki, please feel free to post.

Craig Stevens Aug 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 31430598)
Are you aware that there is a wiki at the top of this thread? If you have questions after reading the wiki, please feel free to post.

I do not see anything in the Wiki that indicates how soon after closing an account can you apply for another prior to replying nor afterward. Thanks for replying!

mia Aug 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Craig Stevens (Post 31430575)

This is largely governed by the terms of the offer for which you intend to apply. In general, it's best to apply for the next card before closing the current card. What do the the terms say?

shimps1 Aug 19, 2019 3:21 pm

deleted