FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

Robl Mar 10, 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30868339)
5 for 5 on apps requiring additional review/information. Just applied with my 2/15 50k+10k mailer and will be calling in later today to probably send the same W-2 I've been sending for 4 months.

Oh well... between this and a Barclay biz card I just received I should have at least another 129k miles added by the end of March... can't beat that! Just needed one of these to get over the million mile mark... might have to start spending them soon :)

To each his own but it is better to churn and burn than collect huge numbers of miles. They will devalue with time. Just booked 3 nights in a great Chicago hotel (The St Jane) for my son and got more than a penny a point in value. Also in 1 month you'll no longer get 10% back on redemptions.

rover4618 Mar 10, 2019 10:17 am

Asked via chat for a 50 - 70k match on 2/28 still no answer. How long does it usually take ? Do they send a SM to approve / decline ?

mia Mar 10, 2019 10:21 am

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 30869192)
....Do they send a SM....

No, they send a letter through the postal service, or if the request is approved they may simply add miles to your account.

bigshooter Mar 10, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 30868767)
To each his own but it is better to churn and burn than collect huge numbers of miles. They will devalue with time. Just booked 3 nights in a great Chicago hotel (The St Jane) for my son and got more than a penny a point in value. Also in 1 month you'll no longer get 10% back on redemptions.

I'm churning, but don't have much time to burn all of them. I did recently use them for 2x biz tickets on JAL but haven't really had time since then. I also am trying to keep at least Gold with UA so I have paid flights with them every month. Maybe I just need to retire early and become a travel blogger :)

bobert24 Mar 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 30860157)
I SM'd a request for matching from 60k to 70k, and got the "you weren't solicited for that offer" letter. Since I was traveling, I didn't see the letter until well over 30 days after the original app was approved. I'm guessing that may make re-requesting difficult if not impossible.

FYI, you can request a match up to 90 days from approval.

SpammersAreScum Mar 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 30866829)
Just to round out the story: I applied before the end of Feb despite 7/6 and was instantly approved. Thanks.

For what it's worth, my history with Citi consists of several AA Platinums over the years, and Prestige+Premier for about a year until they got devalued.

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 30867658)
Several, yes 😉

Yeah, I know, "several" is a drop in the bucket with this crowd; I don't seem to get mailers at the rate many do.

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 30869819)
FYI, you can request a match up to 90 days from approval.

Good to know. Sadly, according to the Citi AA card General Discussion Thread, 60k is actually the best offer out there at the moment. But I will keep my eyes out.

wyogold Mar 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 30870006)
Sadly, according to the Citi AA card General Discussion Thread, 60k is actually the best offer out there at the moment. But I will keep my eyes out.

Doesn't matter what "real" offers are out there.
Always ask to match to 75k.

SeeBuyFly Mar 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 30870006)
Sadly, according to the Citi AA card General Discussion Thread, 60k is actually the best offer out there at the moment. But I will keep my eyes out.

Sad!

VegasGambler Mar 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 30868767)

I agree with you about using the miles, but the 10% thing is not really 10%. It's 10% with a 10k cap. If you are earning and burning a million miles a year it's really just a 1% rebate. I won't say no to an extra 10k miles per year but honestly it's just a drop in the bucket.

Personally I think that 1c is a terrible redempion unless you have more miles than you will ever be able to use (although, I suspect that many on this list are at that "more than they can use" point). If only there was a credit card that gave me more PTO...

LWT3 Mar 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Yeah, the bloggers all made a big deal of the 10% / 10K rebate going away, and a lot of people in the comments acted like it was the end of the world, and they were going to cancel their cards. It seemed odd to me. Ignoring for the moment how spoiled we are in this thread, 10K points per year of any kind just doesn't move the needle in this hobby.

ninim2200 Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 30870119)
Sad!

I agree with SeeBuyFly.
I remember few years ago when we used to churn the Exec Card and we used to get 50K for 5K spending and considered ourselves lucky! 60K is still a great offer.

Namaste1 Mar 12, 2019 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 30865925)
Anyone else have delayed receipt of the card? I received the approval letter five days ago but still haven't received the card. Usually the card arrives a day after the letter. I checked informed delivery and didn't see the card either so it wasn't a misdelivery.

Finally received the actual card today, eight days after the approval letter.

bigshooter Mar 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 30878220)
Finally received the actual card today, eight days after the approval letter.

im just happy when mine show up before my rent is due. That’s less VGC I have to dispose of...

flyer4512 Mar 13, 2019 4:09 pm

DP, snail mail letter arrived today confirming latest 15K match made via chat.

I am reading posts about the 10% rebate going away, did Citi announce that they are no longer giving the 10% mile rebate ( if yes, what is the cutoff date ) as all I received was info on the Barclay card changes. Thanks

wyogold Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30883940)
DP, snail mail letter arrived today confirming latest 15K match made via chat.

I am reading posts about the 10% rebate going away, did Citi announce that they are no longer giving the 10% mile rebate ( if yes, what is the cutoff date ) as all I received was info on the Barclay card changes. Thanks

I'm getting snail mail letters to confirm matches requested via SM, no reply via SM but it works too.

bigshooter Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 30884166)
I'm getting snail mail letters to confirm matches requested via SM, no reply via SM but it works too.

Same here. One took 3 weeks to get to me... had the match in my account before letter showed up.

RobertHanson Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30883940)

Not only is it in all of the blogs, but DW and I each received an email from Citi telling us about it. You didn't get one? Or maybe you just ignored it. Another stupid email from Citi (yawn)…

End date for all AA cards, from both banks, is May 1st. If you know your exact routing, but not your exact dates, I'd say book it now and get your rebate. You can change your dates with no fee (within 12 months from booking date) as long as the origin and destination stays the same, even if the routing changes. My experience is that the rebate posts very quickly.

flyer4512 Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30888194)
Not only is it in all of the blogs, but DW and I each received an email from Citi telling us about it. You didn't get one? Or maybe you just ignored it. Another stupid email from Citi (yawn)…

End date for all AA cards, from both banks, is May 1st. If you know your exact routing, but not your exact dates, I'd say book it now and get your rebate. You can change your dates with no fee (within 12 months from booking date) as long as the origin and destination stays the same, even if the routing changes. My experience is that the rebate posts very quickly.

The rebate posts instantly.

I didn't realize AA has no fee reservation changes as long as the origination and destination stayed the same.

Happy Mar 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30888425)
The rebate posts instantly.

I didn't realize AA has no fee reservation changes as long as the origination and destination stayed the same.

No fee change on Dates and Routing, as long as the O/D remain the same, and it is same type of award - i.e. OneWorld to OneWorld (incl AA itself), Partner to Partner (incl AA itself). However Partner to OneWorld or vice versa, would incur $150 fee. Example would be an itinerary has AS in it, then the desired change has JL in it - that would cost $150.

Upfare from lower class of service to higher class of service would waive the chargeable fee. Not sure if Saaver to Anytime enjoys such benefit though.

fletchbo Mar 15, 2019 11:37 am

15K matching experiences

All - new personal experience:

I have gotten matches on first request on 3 of 3 of the last CHAT requests. SM seems to be less reliable. Was 0 for 2 on last 2 SMs.

3/09/19: received latest mailer-appproved 60K mile/3k spend/3 mo AA card.
3/09: spent 2k in GCs
3/10: spent 1k in GCs
3/10: requested 15k match via chat. Informed it will be forwarded to the "proper team to approved the request, and will take 5 - 7 days to approve"
3/11: statement cycle ends
3/12: statement shows 15K adjustmet, + 2k initial spend (17k total posted to stmt). The final 1k did not post soon enough to make this cycle.

Summary: 15k match can post in less than 2 business days to Citi account upon stmt issue.

mia Mar 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Moderator action

Ancillary discussion of redeeming for longhaul First vs Business have been moved to the AA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-business.html

stillmatic Mar 15, 2019 2:23 pm

DP: Submitted match request via chat, was told it would be submitted to research department and quoted 10 days.

RobertHanson Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30891651)
Ancillary discussion of redeeming for longhaul First vs Business have been moved to the AA forum:

"The webpage cannot be found" :rolleyes:

mia Mar 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30892057)
"The webpage cannot be found" :rolleyes:

I do not know what causes that error message, but I have verified that the link works (with two browsers on two computers, logged in and not.)

teddy25 Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Looks like 3/15 exp 60k/3k no longer load. But the 12/31 and 2/15 both are loading

rover4618 Mar 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30891651)

Thank you

Happy Mar 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold (Post 30884166)

I got a snail mail to confirm the match requested via SM after 10 or more days have passed. The request was made on 2.22, the snail mail was dated on 2.26. It arrived 3.05.

Before its arrival I also requested thru chat on 03.03. Rec'd a snail mail dd 3.06, on 3.12 - informing me 15K was already added to the account on 2.26, therefore the request thru chat was denied.

ninim2200 Mar 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 30892158)
Looks like 3/15 exp 60k/3k no longer load. But the 12/31 and 2/15 both are loading

I had the same experience today my 3/15 60k/3K offers didn't load, i had to use a less desirable 2/15 offer, i am hoping its just a fluke, Citi has used Fridays as a day to update some of its servers and sometimes affect their operations, i am hoping its one of those days.

fredc84 Mar 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 30892698)
I had the same experience today my 3/15 60k/3K offers didn't load, i had to use a less desirable 2/15 offer, i am hoping its just a fluke, Citi has used Fridays as a day to update some of its servers and sometimes affect their operations, i am hoping its one of those days.

I tried to use 2 different 3/15 mailers today for SO and neither will load. Ended up using a 4/15 one instead.

LWT3 Mar 16, 2019 5:30 am

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 30892158)

Shoot. I threw away three 12/31 mailers this week because I assumed they were worthless as of 3/1. And I would have used two of them if I had known they were working. Oh well. Hopefully, Citi will send more soon.

Namaste1 Mar 16, 2019 6:06 am

Two family members received 60k/$3k non-staggered spending mailers yesterday with 5/15 expiration. Both have received 4/15 expiration mailers previously.

ninim2200 Mar 16, 2019 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 30893647)
Two family members received 60k/$3k non-staggered spending mailers yesterday with 5/15 expiration. Both have received 4/15 expiration mailers previously.

My Team members ( all 4 of them) are on one cycle, each got mailers for 2/15, 3/15, none for 4/15 and 5/15, my guess i should get mailers on the next wave of 6/15.

Robl Mar 16, 2019 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Namaste1 (Post 30893647)

Same here, they arrived in today's mail.

RobertHanson Mar 16, 2019 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 30892101)
I do not know what causes that error message, but I have verified that the link works (with two browsers on two computers, logged in and not.)

Now, a day later, it works for me too. So, whatever the problem was, it seems to have fixed itself between when I posted and when you checked it.

RobertHanson Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 30893563)
Shoot. I threw away three 12/31 mailers this week because I assumed they were worthless as of 3/1. And I would have used two of them if I had known they were working. Oh well. Hopefully, Citi will send more soon.

I'd say always check first. When you log into the invitation page, and enter the invitation code, if it goes to an app page you are good to apply. If it is past it's due date, you will get a message that says "The information entered does not match our records"

But there is no harm from having tried. Other than having wasted perhaps 2 minutes. As my friends and I used to say in Junior High "anything that's worth a try, is worth a try". :p

bigshooter Mar 17, 2019 6:59 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30894436)
I'd say always check first. When you log into the invitation page, and enter the invitation code, if it goes to an app page you are good to apply. If it is past it's due date, you will get a message that says "The information entered does not match our records"

But there is no harm from having tried. Other than having wasted perhaps 2 minutes. As my friends and I used to say in Junior High "anything that's worth a try, is worth a try". :p

Just an FYI for everyone. I received "The information entered does not match our records" message when I was trying to use my last (unexpired) 50k/10k mailer. I tried again over a period of hours with same issue.

Gave it one more shot the next day and it worked fine.

Could be their lousy IT at work.

ninim2200 Mar 17, 2019 7:07 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30896611)
Just an FYI for everyone. I received "The information entered does not match our records" message when I was trying to use my last (unexpired) 50k/10k mailer. I tried again over a period of hours with same issue.

Mailers with 3/15 expiration still don't work, 2/15 expiration load fine.

RobertHanson Mar 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30896611)

What was the Exp date?

RobertHanson Mar 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 30896630)
Mailers with 3/15 expiration still don't work, 2/15 expiration load fine.

When did the 3/15 ones stop working? Was it 3/15? Wondering if this is just another Citi glitch, or something worse.

Hoping this doesn't mean Citi has started hard coding the "invitations" to expire on the published date starting with 3/15, whereas 2/15 is still under the old 'more or less' 2 months policy.

SLINKYTRAVEL Mar 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Data point. 3/15 mailers did not work for me today...