FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

bobert24 Jan 17, 19 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30668341)
It was around 2 months ago. I didn't think anything about it at the time, as I didn't expect to hear back from AA. I just expected the bonus to post after I met the spend. Only lately heard that people are getting fairly quick responses to the request. Not sure what to do now, as I didn't take any screen shots, don't remember the name of the CSR, etc.

We've seen recently that most chat agents are reasonably competent and can usually at least submit the request for you, but also that there are a few who just plain don't know what they're doing. It sounds like you got one of the second type. I'm guessing your request never made it to the department who could do anything about it. Go ahead and ask again. But do it soon - there's a limit as to how long they'll match an offer. I think it's somewhere around 3-3.5 months after you open it.

With chat being a little less reliable than SM, I've now started recording the dates I received the match for each card. I've always recorded the bonus date, but now this seems to be the only way to know 100% for sure that I did get the match, too.

IkeEsq Jan 18, 19 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jvel (Post 30668378)
Has anyone received a 40k/2k in 3 months with 20k/10k in 12 months mailer? I ended up applying for it today (have a few other mailers with the standard 50k/3k and 10k/6k) and received further processing required. Needed to send in utility bill for address verification, so will hopefully be approved tomorrow.

But, has anyone had any luck adjusting the spend requirement for the second bonus? Iíll gladly take the 40k miles but going for the additional 20k is a little steep.

They will not change the terms or bonus on the offer you applied for. All they will do is add courtesy points.

SeeBuyFly Jan 18, 19 8:00 am

New one. I received a "congratulations...you've been approved...card is considered open as of today 1/18/19" email. But I have no pending applications, and the last 4 digits quoted in the email are of a card I CLOSED ~10 days ago.

I removed it from my web account, and destroyed the card, so I don't know if it was reopened. Perhaps this will count against my 2/65.

Robl Jan 18, 19 8:09 am

Closed yet another account yesterday by phone and again was completely automated, no CSR involved.

NTP9766 Jan 18, 19 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 30670431)
Closed yet another account yesterday by phone and again was completely automated, no CSR involved.

You're one of the lucky ones. I closed a [two-month old] card this morning and had to speak to an agent.

Robl Jan 18, 19 9:20 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30670493)
You're one of the lucky ones. I closed a [two-month old] card this morning and had to speak to an agent.

I close mine at 1 year when the AF posts. Perhaps thatís the difference or maybe itís random.

Saturn Jan 18, 19 10:45 am

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 30667880)
3/15. Sorry, I realize that is important data, too.

Great news, thanks for bearing it. Would you share a few other details? Envelope or folded? What are the first 3 digits? It has 9 digits, correct? Does it include pictures of a happy family enjoying themselves outdoors?

rover4618 Jan 18, 19 11:49 am

DP ... 60 to 75 match via SM

cb11 Jan 18, 19 12:42 pm

DP: HUCA chat matched 60k -> 75k just posted

RobertHanson Jan 18, 19 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 30671302)
DP ... 60 to 75 match via SM

Wait....what?

All I have in my SM page is the messages already sent and received. No way to send a new one. And I just checked the wiki to see if a workaround had been added, but nothing about SMs there either way.

Pray tell, how did you SM Citi? Or did you do the SM months ago, and the points just posted now?

SeeBuyFly Jan 18, 19 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 30671686)
Wait....what?

All I have in my SM page is the messages already sent and received. No way to send a new one. And I just checked the wiki to see if a workaround had been added, but nothing about SMs there either way.

Pray tell, how did you SM Citi? Or did you do the SM months ago, and the points just posted now?

If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

But you can learn it for yourself, in the wiki of the very first sticky thread (the one with the relevant title) in the Citi/ThankYou forum.

rover4618 Jan 18, 19 2:28 pm

Wait....what?

I don't know if it is a regional thing but I never lost SM. When logged in on account page I scroll to bottom, click contact us, click secure message, click send new message.
This match request was sent 2 days ago. Good luck let me know how it goes for you.

muji Jan 18, 19 2:40 pm

All I have in my SM page is the messages already sent and received. No way to send a new one.

At the top of the page, click on Services

Under that click on Credit Card Services

Now, under Card Management, click on Request A Credit Limit Increase

Then, on the left hand side under Need Help?, click on Request Your Card Agreement

40orFight Jan 18, 19 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 30664448)
For FICO scoring purposes, Average age of accounts is measured from the account opening dates for all your open and closed accounts.
"Having a bunch of 3-month accounts" vs "12-month" has no impact on your average age of accounts.

Do not over think this.

Interesting, I believe you are correct. Never knew that it was just amount of time since account opened (regardless of whether subsequently closed). So yes, then there would really seem to be no reason to keep too many of these guys open.

40orFight Jan 18, 19 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30664450)
The accounts show up on your credit report whether they are open or closed. Who are you worried about looking?

No one in particular. Overzealous phone or chat agent, I suppose. For example, I wouldn't want to have to try to explain why I have 5 - or why I need a 6th one.