FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

SeeBuyFly Feb 15, 19 12:19 am

I was going to say SM still works for me, but I tried to get to the page and got a different increase-credit-limit page (more 'modern' layout, no left column with links). Then I reloaded it and it went back to the usual page, and I was able to get to the SM page.

NTP9766 Feb 15, 19 5:20 am

I can get to the SM page, but opted to close my card via the phone yesterday because I was in a rush to get things done.

shimps1 Feb 15, 19 7:26 am

deleted

IkeEsq Feb 15, 19 8:27 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 30779871)

The mailers will dry up once you use one addressed to yourself. Just have everyone apply using another person’s mailer.

I think that if an addressee applies for a card, mailer or no, they will stop getting offers. People get offers because they have not had a card before or in a while, not because they have not used their mailers.

NTP9766 Feb 15, 19 8:38 am

My bad, that's correct. Just sign up fictitious names and never worry about it.

Carl Christensen Feb 15, 19 9:42 am

My contribution to the community regarding SM:
  • login to your account via private browsing (seems to prevent a few issues)
  • click this LINK (or copy and paste as I do where I have it stored in my master excel spreadsheet):: https://online.citi.com/US/NCAO/cardserviceoffer/CardServiceOfferAction.action?targetAOApp=cli
  • then click [/URL] this LINK:: https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/SecureMessageCenter.do
It appears to me that that sequence is necessary. Trying just the second link doesn't work for me. However, clicking the first link seems to enable the second. This process is the same as navigating the menus as has been described but is for those that want a somewhat more straightforward process like I do.

VegasGambler Feb 15, 19 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 30781671)
SM to me is quicker. Send a quick message that I can copy and paste and be done with it. Live chat I have to sit and wait for the person, then have to verify info, wait for them, etc. I can send the SM and be done with it.

Also live chat is not available 24/7

Happy Feb 15, 19 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1 (Post 30781671)
SM to me is quicker. Send a quick message that I can copy and paste and be done with it. Live chat I have to sit and wait for the person, then have to verify info, wait for them, etc. I can send the SM and be done with it.

This.
SM takes 2 min.
Chat takes 20 min and may still be ongoing depending on how competent your chat rep is. That was how long it took for me to get a CL reduction request processed 2 days ago.
Also the SM has a record by default so I know when I have requested what, without having to keep a written note.

Robl Feb 15, 19 6:31 pm

Just got the first mailer 60k/3 month 4/15/19 for a new relative. This one made no purchases through a portal but did click on emails to various AA offers. Nice to see that we are back to the 60k standard offer.

iowa guy Feb 15, 19 7:48 pm

Why doesn't using mailers generate a credit score hit?

flyer4512 Feb 15, 19 11:25 pm

DP.............60k /$3k /3 month and 60k/$4k/4 month mailers arrived today, 4/15 expiration

muji Feb 15, 19 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30784662)
...mailers arrived today, 4/15 expiration

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 30784076)
Just got the first mailer...4/15/19

Are these the first mailers you've received since November (the month when several persons last received mailers)?

drminn Feb 16, 19 8:55 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 30784719)
Are these the first mailers you've received since November (the month when several persons last received mailers)?

They are for me.

bigshooter Feb 16, 19 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30783348)
This.
SM takes 2 min.
Chat takes 20 min and may still be ongoing depending on how competent your chat rep is. That was how long it took for me to get a CL reduction request processed 2 days ago.
Also the SM has a record by default so I know when I have requested what, without having to keep a written note.

Wow... i must get different reps. Never had an issue. Just lowered credit line on Thursday and took about 5 minutes.

When closing a card a week ago they asked if I could call in so an analyst could provide alternatives to closing the card and I said no thanks.

Never spent more than a few minutes typing and/or responding. I normally do it while I'm working on something else.

NTP9766 Feb 16, 19 10:05 am

Received two new mailers, same as above - 60k/$3k (both of them, this time) with 4/15 expiration dates. Nice.

bigshooter Feb 16, 19 10:31 am

I'm jealous for you folks getting mailers. I have 1x 50k/10k left with a 2/15 expiration... plan to use it early March and then I'm dry. Will probably use that time to hit the extra $3k per card.

Haven't received a mailer since November or December time frame.

flyer4512 Feb 16, 19 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 30784719)

No, last month I received 4 of the same (mixed 60k offers) which expire 3/15.

Namaste1 Feb 16, 19 1:24 pm

We received 50/65k, $3k/$10k business mailers with 4/15 expiration today. Previous mailers received were from last December.

muji Feb 16, 19 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30785962)
I'm jealous for you folks getting mailers...Haven't received a mailer since November or December

Things seem to be looking up.
More and more reports now of new mailers arriving in just the past few days.

Happy Feb 16, 19 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30785781)
Wow... i must get different reps. Never had an issue. Just lowered credit line on Thursday and took about 5 minutes.

When closing a card a week ago they asked if I could call in so an analyst could provide alternatives to closing the card and I said no thanks.

Never spent more than a few minutes typing and/or responding. I normally do it while I'm working on something else.

First try, the site said 5+ min wait. I logged off and tried an hour later. It was worse, 7 min wait. OK, wait.
Rep needed to check account details first, then asked whether I also wanted to lower the cash advance limit... Isn't that a dump question? If the CL lowered, wouldn't the cash advance went with it? Need to give her a specific number. She said the system required the input. Went off to check, came back to ask for consent despite I already gave it, twice. Back and forth and by the time it finally was done - 20+ min had passed.
Of course I did web browsing in the interim and went to kitchen to get my coffee 2 times... but still, it is an annoying process comparing to the copy/paste via SM and be done in 2 min. Usually when checked next day things were done as requested.

flyer4512 Feb 17, 19 3:19 pm

Has anyone been successful in unlinking closed accounts recently ? I have been trying for a week or so to get all of our closed accounts unlinked but I keep getting an error. Thanks

SeeBuyFly Feb 17, 19 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30790027)
Has anyone been successful in unlinking closed accounts recently ? I have been trying for a week or so to get all of our closed accounts unlinked but I keep getting an error. Thanks

The "unlink this account" links on the main page have not worked for me in a while. Go to Services /Credit Card Services / Link/unlink Citi accounts.

Of course, if it is the primary card, it can be canceled but not removed.

NTP9766 Feb 17, 19 4:04 pm

I always use the ‘unlink’ option on the main accounts page, and have never had an issue.

Carl Christensen Feb 18, 19 8:11 am

Originally Posted by iowa guy (Post 30784252)
Why doesn't using mailers generate a credit score hit?

2 problems with your question
  • applying for CC in general don't "generate a credit score hit" for individuals with sufficiently good credit (unless there are copious applications) but it is an inquiry.
  • mailers change nothing about the fact that this is a cc application that results in an inquiry with the credit bureaus and if approved a new personal CC on your credit report.
Beyond the fact that we are using mailers, this is more general CC related type questions and are probably better asked and addressed elsewhere.

bigshooter Feb 18, 19 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly (Post 30790085)
The "unlink this account" links on the main page have not worked for me in a while. Go to Services /Credit Card Services / Link/unlink Citi accounts.

Of course, if it is the primary card, it can be canceled but not removed.

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30790027)

I used chat to unlink an account as well.... I know everyone hates chat, but they have unlinked 3 cards for me now after I closed them.

ninim2200 Feb 18, 19 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 30794213)
I used chat to unlink an account as well.... I know everyone hates chat, but they have unlinked 3 cards for me now after I closed them.

I think the main problem with chat that it takes too long, it is an effective tool if you don't mind the wasted time, more people prefer SM in general because it takes a lot less time than Chat.

Happy Feb 19, 19 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 30795339)
I think the main problem with chat that it takes too long, it is an effective tool if you don't mind the wasted time, more people prefer SM in general because it takes a lot less time than Chat.

This.

You can be done w/ the SM in 2 to 3 min and it will take care of your requests in the next 24 to 48 hours.

With chat you have to sit by your computer, wait for the chat rep to show up, do the back and forth typing (there was also a time the chat box did not work well and one had to hold down the shift key and type one letter at a time). Chat takes 5 times or more time to get the same thing done due to the interaction part alone.

Happy Feb 19, 19 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 30784662)
DP.............60k /$3k /3 month and 60k/$4k/4 month mailers arrived today, 4/15 expiration

One 60K/$3K in regular envelope just like last month arrived today, 4/15 expiration.
If pattern repeats, may see the tri-fold cardboard of the same offer arrives in coming days.
All from SIL No.1 account who started receiving mailer last Nov with a lone lousy 40+20 that is being discarded. SIL No.2 is patiently waiting for her turn. I am so glad their preferences are Aeroplan, not AA.

AndyGator87 Feb 19, 19 5:26 pm

Is the consensus that 8/65 rules are the ones to follow right now for applying with mailers?

My last Experian pull (which Citi always pulls) is from using a mailer on 1/20. I'd be at 16 total personal accounts (all banks) and 5 Experian pulls in 6 months with a low Citi credit line (cards all bumped down to $2000) if I were to apply with another mailer today. It seems at one time some people were only going 1/65 for apps.

VegasGambler Feb 19, 19 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30798519)
This.

You can be done w/ the SM in 2 to 3 min and it will take care of your requests in the next 24 to 48 hours.

With chat you have to sit by your computer, wait for the chat rep to show up, do the back and forth typing (there was also a time the chat box did not work well and one had to hold down the shift key and type one letter at a time). Chat takes 5 times or more time to get the same thing done due to the interaction part alone.

24 to 48 hours seems overly ambitious (more like about 10 days?) but that's still better than having to waste a bunch of time on chat. If I request a match, I don't really care if they process it today or next week or the following week, as long as I get my miles.

My biggest complaint about chat is that it's not 24/7. SM is on my schedule, not theirs.

Happy Feb 20, 19 12:20 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30799253)
24 to 48 hours seems overly ambitious (more like about 10 days?) but that's still better than having to waste a bunch of time on chat. If I request a match, I don't really care if they process it today or next week or the following week, as long as I get my miles.

My biggest complaint about chat is that it's not 24/7. SM is on my schedule, not theirs.

So far most of my requests thru SM are within 12 hours, like I did the SM at night, and the next morning the requests were fulfilled. Only the match requests take longer but still just about 48 hours.

That too, SM is on my schedule while Chat is on theirs and each time I used it, it is 5 or more min wait. Almost every time the online account would auto logged off due to inactivity being too long, despite I tried click on it occasionally. When the auto logged off happened the whole screen would do a refresh so much so that I always fear to lose the chat - but luckily the chat window would return after several seconds after the refresh.

You are right about that as long as the gravy train continues that is what matters. :)

mak101 Feb 20, 19 1:54 pm

With 60K/3K offer, how much should I request to match - 10/15 or 20?

LWT3 Feb 20, 19 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 30802328)
With 60K/3K offer, how much should I request to match - 10/15 or 20?

FAQ number 12.

fletchbo Feb 20, 19 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 30802366)
FAQ number 12.

15K.

fletchbo Feb 20, 19 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 30798534)
One 60K/$3K in regular envelope just like last month arrived today, 4/15 expiration.
If pattern repeats, may see the tri-fold cardboard of the same offer arrives in coming days.
All from SIL No.1 account who started receiving mailer last Nov with a lone lousy 40+20 that is being discarded. SIL No.2 is patiently waiting for her turn. I am so glad their preferences are Aeroplan, not AA.

I got the 60K/$3K in regular envelope just like last month, 4/15 expiration AND the same offer in the tri-fold design for same family member. Citi still testing the same designs.

mak101 Feb 20, 19 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 30802366)
FAQ number 12.

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 30803195)
15K.

Thank you! I read FAQ but missed 75K maximum thing.

Happy Feb 20, 19 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 30803199)
I got the 60K/$3K in regular envelope just like last month, 4/15 expiration AND the same offer in the tri-fold design for same family member. Citi still testing the same designs.

Thanks for the DP.
Last month the Tri-fold arrived a day later. Right now the Tri-fold has not shown up yet. Hope it would be soon.

fredc84 Feb 20, 19 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 30803199)

Yea, we got a 4/15 exp 60K/$3K mailer today as well.

AlexTheMan Feb 22, 19 10:05 am

So far matching promos has been working without hiccups for my family. However, I ran into a weird scenario with on of my cards. I requested 15k match by chat and received normal reply. 10 days later, I received a letter in the mail confirming the match. Statement closed a week later but match was not on it. Chatted again with Citi and they confirmed that for sure, the match will show on the following statement. I took that with a grain of salt as based on my experience and many data points here, match shows right away on first statement.

Anyhow, second statement closed yesterday and as expected no match on it. Chatted again today and the CSR said he will file a "dispute" and I should hear back in 3 to 5 day, as he sees the approved request for the match on his system!! Did anyone run into something similar?

SeeBuyFly Feb 23, 19 3:56 pm

Got three mailers today. Identical 5-folds with identical photos and 99% of text; but two were 60k/3k/3mo while one was 60k/4k/4mo. All had 4/15 deadline, Check the fine print!