Citi Rewards+ (replaced Citi Preferred)

Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mrkymark
I totally agree.
I was excited at first long ago about the round up but in real life it's just not that lucrative. Sometimes I use it for a donut or something cheap but at the end of the month when you do the tally maybe you earned 60 more cents in extra typ over the course of a month.
If you think about it, takes a lot of work when you have multiple cards in your wallet to remember to use the round up card.

The real value as mentioned before is the 10k, 10% back in typ redemption. That's why I got the card and will keep it. The roundup is a gimmick that if they took away I would not be sad about. Manufactured spending to gain value in ten cent increments isn't really my cup of tea.
I was getting up to a 1000 points per month from this card on small purchases.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I was getting up to a 1000 points per month from this card on small purchases.
You'd have to make 100 tiny purchases per month to get that. That is 3 coffee/vending machine/whatever micro purchases every single day. I won't tell anyone how to spend their money, but chances are you'd do better to avoid excessive unnecessary tiny purchases vs chasing $10 a month in points.

If you're talking about purposely abusing the system and doing 0.50 cent amazon reloads, that will eventually backfire on you (if Citi follows their own terms, anyway).
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by kdm31091
You'd have to make 100 tiny purchases per month to get that. That is 3 coffee/vending machine/whatever micro purchases every single day. I won't tell anyone how to spend their money, but chances are you'd do better to avoid excessive unnecessary tiny purchases vs chasing $10 a month in points.

If you're talking about purposely abusing the system and doing 0.50 cent amazon reloads, that will eventually backfire on you (if Citi follows their own terms, anyway).
I was paying ebay shipping charges up to approximately $3.50
mia likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:46 pm

Not sure if already posted, but data point for Dec 2020 - Transferred 100k points from my Sears TY card to my Rewards+, redeemed them all for $1k mortgage credit on 12/31. Received 10k TY points on Rewards+ for redemption bonus. Notable because I have not combined those TY accounts - terms suggest transferred points do not get the redemption bonus, they did in my case, but that may also be because they are both under my name. The 10k redemption bonus posted in January, will be curious to see if I get another 10k bonus on my next 100k redemption. The term language suggests I should, since it follows calendar year.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Any recent datapoints on approvals/rejections for this card, please?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
Getting the Citi Rewards+ card?

I am considering getting the Rewards+ Card. I just want to make sure I do not lose out of the welcome offer. Can I get the bonus even though I have gotten a bonus from my Premier card in the last year 1.5 years?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:50 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
The terms disallow a bonus only if you have received one for the same card in the 48 months:
Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you have received a new account bonus for a Citi Rewards+ account in the past 48 months.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
Originally Posted by mia
The terms disallow a bonus only if you have received one for the same card in the 48 months:
Thank you so much
Old Jul 10, 2024, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
That said, are you sure the TYPs get merged? They are carefully listed separately on the web site for me, and the redemptions I referred to were using points earned on the Rewards+, not on any other TYP card.
Originally Posted by moe8555
Yes, my TYP accounts are all merged. I received the full 10K rebate last year and very few of the points were earned with the Rewards+.
Do you have to merge your ThankYouPoints accounts to earn the 10% rebate? I think my Rewards+ has a separate Thank You Points account that is distinct from my other TYP cards, so I might have not gotten the rebate for a points transfer last year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.