Citi Rewards+ (replaced Citi Preferred)

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Citi's terms disqualify a new account bonus based on receiving a bonus, or closing an account, in the past 24 months. There is no mention of disqualification for an open account. This is different than other issuers' policies, but it is consistent across all Citi card programs. They do not care if we have duplicate cards.
I wasn't concerned about getting the bonus, I was concerned about whether they'd issue me a second card at all if I applied for it. Since I won't clear the 24 month line until Sep, I'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig on that.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:38 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
If uncapped, that could actually be a pretty nice force multiplier for someone using TYP constantly.
Any data points here? Would points earned on my TY Premier also receive the 10% rebate when redeemed? I was unclear from reviewing the T&C, but I assumed that this would be for all TYP in ones TY account.

Originally Posted by yugi
I wonder if I can get 2x 10% back on TYP redemption from 2 cards?
Any data points on that? could make TYP quite lucrative if the rebates stack...
Old May 26, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Any data points here? Would points earned on my TY Premier also receive the 10% rebate when redeemed? I was unclear from reviewing the T&C, but I assumed that this would be for all TYP in ones TY account.

Any data points on that? could make TYP quite lucrative if the rebates stack...
The one which closes first after points transaction gets 10% back. I tried to make closing dates on both cards to be the same day, but it changes every month by 1-2 days. I will try to space closing dates and will alternate bookings, then cancel.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is a question for you guys. I have a Diamond Preferred which is pretty useless to me now. I have received several e-mails telling me that I can convert to Rewards+ without and hassle, credit check, etc. There is no mention of a bonus. I have also received multiple "pre-approved" etc mailers asking em to apply for this card,and get the spend bonus. I did an online chat asking if I could convert and ALSO get the bonus. The online chat agent said that I could and gave me a phone number to call to do it (BTW I screen shot the conversation), I got a Filipino call center, and they told me that I cannot convert the card AND get the spend bonus. Suggestions anyone?
Old May 27, 2019, 10:53 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
If the written offer does not mention a conversion bonus, there is none. Apply for a new account.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by yugi
The one which closes first after points transaction gets 10% back. I tried to make closing dates on both cards to be the same day, but it changes every month by 1-2 days. I will try to space closing dates and will alternate bookings, then cancel.
Update.After I cancelled hotel reservation on TYP website, previously received 10% back were clawed back. This time they were smarter than I was thinking.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So don't know if anyone knows this but it says 10% back on first 100K redeemed however if I redeem in Dec 2019 and the rebate doesnt post until Jan 2020 - does it count toward the 10K max in 2019 or 10K max in 2020?

I'm just thinking back to the Chase CSR where any credits for Dec purchases actually post in the Jan statement and counts against the next's years tally.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:33 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
10% Points Back from Redemptions
When you redeem your ThankYou Points, youll receive 10% points back from the Points Back feature for the first 100,000 ThankYou Points redeemed per year (calendar year). This means that if you redeem 10,000 ThankYou Points, youll receive 1,000 ThankYou Points from the 10% Points Back feature. Points Sharing does not count as a redemption of your ThankYou Points and you will not receive 10% Points Back for shared points.
Based on this language, the date of the redemption determines the year in which the benefit is used, not the date that the rebate is posted.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:04 pm
Etp

Is there any advantage in having two Rewards+ cards? Like increasing the redemption eligibility ceiling from 100K to 200K, or receiving rebates on both cards for a redemption, or maybe other benefits that do not cross my mind....
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Etp
Is there any advantage in having two Rewards+ cards? Like increasing the redemption eligibility ceiling from 100K to 200K, or receiving rebates on both cards for a redemption, or maybe other benefits that do not cross my mind....
No, but I have 3 right now.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:34 am

how does the 10% back work ?

If I have rewards+ and premier. Are these two scenarios what happens when I use the points (typ are combined)

1) cash flight is $500. At 1.25 cents redemption value due to having premier it costs me 40,000. I purchase the ticket but they only deduct 36,000

2) Im transferring TYP to airline. I want to transfer 40k points to 40k Singapore miles. Do they only deduct 36k points but credit me 40k to Singapore?

thank you

Originally Posted by arshi007
Instead of cancelling, why didn't you just PC to the no annual fee Rewards+. You could have maintained your points and could also have gotten 10% back later on when you redeem.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by slivrflyr

If I have rewards+ and premier. Are these two scenarios what happens when I use the points (typ are combined)

1) cash flight is $500. At 1.25 cents redemption value due to having premier it costs me 40,000. I purchase the ticket but they only deduct 36,000

2) Im transferring TYP to airline. I want to transfer 40k points to 40k Singapore miles. Do they only deduct 36k points but credit me 40k to Singapore?

thank you
It's a rebate that gets deposited back on your next statement close (i.e. you need the full number of points, so if you transfer/redeem 40K, 4K would be redeposited next statement).
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr

thank you
Originally Posted by moe8555
It's a rebate that gets deposited back on your next statement close (i.e. you need the full number of points, so if you transfer/redeem 40K, 4K would be redeposited next statement).
Citi says it's next statement. But I've redeemed twice and both times the rebate was immediate.But that still means they do deduct the full amount, then credit 10% back.

That said, are you sure the TYPs get merged? They are carefully listed separately on the web site for me, and the redemptions I referred to were using points earned on the Rewards+, not on any other TYP card.

I need to try a small redemption using the latter just to see whether I get the rebate; obviously I hope I will but I'm skeptical. moe8555, have you done it with non-Rewards+ points?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Citi says it's next statement. But I've redeemed twice and both times the rebate was immediate.But that still means they do deduct the full amount, then credit 10% back.

That said, are you sure the TYPs get merged? They are carefully listed separately on the web site for me, and the redemptions I referred to were using points earned on the Rewards+, not on any other TYP card.

I need to try a small redemption using the latter just to see whether I get the rebate; obviously I hope I will but I'm skeptical. moe8555, have you done it with non-Rewards+ points?
Yes, my TYP accounts are all merged. I received the full 10K rebate last year and very few of the points were earned with the Rewards+.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
Yes, my TYP accounts are all merged. I received the full 10K rebate last year and very few of the points were earned with the Rewards+.
Wonderful news. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.