Citi bank referrals for credit cards?

Old May 2, 18, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP ; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Any Referral Bonus for Citi Thank Your Premier Card?

Can't seem to find any current information on whether Citi offers a bonus for referring new customers for the Premier Credit Card. Anyone here in the know?

Many Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 18, 5:52 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Citi bank referrals for credit cards?

Daughter wants the Premier Card which I have and I thought there was a referral program but I can't find the site. Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 11, 18, 7:02 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Referral offers for all issuers other than American Express are posted here, and I see no Citi offers:

Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)
Old Nov 13, 18, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by shanna135 View Post
Daughter wants the Premier Card which I have and I thought there was a referral program but I can't find the site. Thanks for any help.
In your email search for a message from Citi with subject "Earn bonus ThankYou® Points faster!" -- if you have one then you're targeted for referrals and can send one to your daughter.
Old Nov 13, 18, 6:54 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Has anyone been able successfully send out invites? I submitted 2 referrals already but no one received the invites. I also have not received any confirmations - contrary to what is stated on the Refer-A-Friend page "Citi will send you an email confirmation following each submission."

I tried calling Citi customer service, but it appears that they are not aware of this program at all. Took almost 30 mins to explain a reason for my call. The rep vigorously denied that Citi credit cards have any referral programs until she talked to someone else from another department, but they still weren't able to tell me how long it should take for referral emails to be sent out and if there is a way to track submitted invites.
RedSun likes this.

Last edited by Kpoxa; Nov 13, 18 at 6:55 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 17, 18, 9:10 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by Kpoxa View Post
Has anyone been able successfully send out invites? I submitted 2 referrals already but no one received the invites. I also have not received any confirmations - contrary to what is stated on the Refer-A-Friend page "Citi will send you an email confirmation following each submission."

I tried calling Citi customer service, but it appears that they are not aware of this program at all. Took almost 30 mins to explain a reason for my call. The rep vigorously denied that Citi credit cards have any referral programs until she talked to someone else from another department, but they still weren't able to tell me how long it should take for referral emails to be sent out and if there is a way to track submitted invites.
Just wanted to update. The 2 people I invited finally received their emails with app links. Seems like the process works, just a little slow at the moment.
Old Nov 17, 18, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa View Post
Just wanted to update. The 2 people I invited finally received their emails with app links. Seems like the process works, just a little slow at the moment.
It took 2 days for me to receive the email that I sent a referral and they have not received the referral yet and it has been 3 days.
Old Nov 19, 18, 9:40 pm

If I remember correctly (it's been years), but Chase referrals can take up to a week. I can't imagine Citi being faster.
Old Dec 6, 18, 4:23 pm

How long does it take for the referral points to post? Does it post with the statement or separately?
Old Mar 2, 19, 12:06 pm
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Citi Credit Card Referral Very Slow

I requested a credit card referral 3 days ago. It has not been received yet. I did receive several confirmation of the referrals. Is this common? Anything I can do?

This is a referral offer I received from Citi and I can use to refer cards to friends and family.
Old Mar 2, 19, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by baroqen View Post
If I remember correctly (it's been years), but Chase referrals can take up to a week. I can't imagine Citi being faster.
Wow, no wonder. This has been 3 days for me.
Old Mar 2, 19, 1:55 pm

This happened to me. I re-entered the referral a few days later and got something by the end of the day.
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg View Post
This happened to me. I re-entered the referral a few days later and got something by the end of the day.
Friends just received referral. It took 3-4 days.

Last edited by mia; Mar 2, 19 at 10:30 pm
Old Mar 4, 19, 10:24 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
Friends just received referral. It took 3-4 days.
If they could only use some kind of electronic device to automate these things so they would go faster...
Old Aug 7, 19, 8:47 pm

In my case, it took more than a week to get the referral link from Citi. Dead slow process.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: