Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Secure messaging is no longer available via:
Services
  • Credit Card Services /
    • Request a Credit Limit Increase /
      • Request Your Card Agreement (at left)
However, it may be available via (but as of late May 2019 this method, too, seems to be not working):
Print Wikipost

Citi Secure Message - now read only?

Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Citi Secure Message - now read only?

I just logged in to use SM to close a old AA card. Surprisingly I can't find a way to send a SM now. All of the old messages are there along with a message

"The Secure Message Center is a convenient way for Citi to send you information about your account. Messages will remain in your inbox for 6 months after the date they are posted. If you have questions or need assistance, please visit Citis Contact Us page."

Tried to use the chat function on Contact Us and it seems to be unavailable (probably because it's Sunday?)

Anyone else see this?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:25 pm

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-...edium=facebook
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:32 pm

I went to do the same thing and found the same as you bigshooter: read only on older accounts. A week ago I tried to send an SM for bonus match on my newest account, but I kept getting a message saying 'this feature is not available for this account'. Now that same newest account sends me to the read only inbox as you described.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Didn't see the DoC post... I must have beat them to the punch Glad it wasn't just me.

Happy I got my 75k match in before they shut it off.... My next mailer is for 50/$3k + 10/$3k so I guess I'll find out how chat feature works then.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

My SM feature today showed a list of all titles of sent messages-- across all cards--- and some programming gibberish.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:40 am

IMPORTANT; Workaround for SM from reader at DOC. You just go through the Services tab to credit card services tab, select credit increase and then choose email customer service on the left hand side. . Voila you can again send SM on anything you want!

Last edited by mia; Nov 14, 2018 at 7:37 am Reason: Combine cross posts from two threads.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Robl
IMPORTANT; Workaround for SM from reader at DOC. You just go through the Services tab to credit card services tab, select credit increase and then choose email customer service on the left hand side. . Voila you can again send SM on anything you want!
But do they do what you ask (extra miles, reduce limit, close account), or have they eliminated most of the SM staff or reduced their powers? Will need data points.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:08 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:15 am

nice trick! thanks
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
But do they do what you ask (extra miles, reduce limit, close account), or have they eliminated most of the SM staff or reduced their powers? Will need data points.
I lowered my CL in 1 SM and cancelled a card in another. I have received the standard automated email reply so far:
"We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate department for handling. Within 72 hours, you will receive an email notice that we have replied to your inquiry. At that time, simply log into Account Online to view the response."
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:54 pm

MPORTANT; Workaround for SM from reader at DOC. You just go through the Services tab to credit card services tab, select credit increase and then choose email customer service on the left hand side. . Voila you can again send SM on anything you want!
I suppose reading Citi's reply follows the same process. Will report back once they have replied.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
MPORTANT; Workaround for SM from reader at DOC. You just go through the Services tab to credit card services tab, select credit increase and then choose email customer service on the left hand side. . Voila you can again send SM on anything you want!

I SMd this way . No reply, no email we will forward to correct dept. nothing shows but my SM With no response yet . Its been 10 hours plus .

How long did it take others for any correspondence ?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC

I SMd this way . No reply, no email we will forward to correct dept. nothing shows but my SM With no response yet . Its been 10 hours plus .

How long did it take others for any correspondence ?
Peter, I sent SM and received an automated email message but no further response. Sent about 12 hours ago. Will update to make sure its not a black hole.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:20 am

Peter, I sent SM and received an automated email message but no further response. Sent about 12 hours ago. Will update to make sure its not a black hole.
It has been almost 24 hours since I sent a secure message using this workaround. Probably a black hole. Sad.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I chatted with citi to close a card and they refused and said I had to call. HOWEVER, they replied with the following:

I am sorry to inform that, Currently we are upgrading our website and the secure message center is discontinued to make room for the new option to send messages. Soon the new version of the site will be launched.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I chatted with citi to close a card and they refused and said I had to call. HOWEVER, they replied with the following:
I hope SO MUCH you are right, and this is just a s*iti IT glitch. They can't do this to us, can they?!
Carl Christensen likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.