Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Secure messaging is no longer available via:
Services
  • Credit Card Services /
    • Request a Credit Limit Increase /
      • Request Your Card Agreement (at left)
However, it may be available via (but as of late May 2019 this method, too, seems to be not working):
Print Wikipost

Citi Secure Message - now read only?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
calling in is usually faster anyway...Citi is the only bank that doesn't require a person on the line to cancel!
ShakuniMama and Robl like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Has anyone received a match in the last few weeks via SM? I've sent 3 messages over the last 3 weeks, and no response. Before this I'd get an email from Citi saying they've added 15K to my account.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Has anyone received a match in the last few weeks via SM? I've sent 3 messages over the last 3 weeks, and no response. Before this I'd get an email from Citi saying they've added 15K to my account.
I sent an SM in on Saturday, and am still waiting. Will keep you posted.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have only sent 1, on 02/22. Haven't heard back so I chatted last night. Chat rep wanted to know what offer I was solicited and the offer details. Told her the 75K/$3K in 3 months. She said she has successfully submit a request to match, but warned it would take 5 to 7 days to process.

UPDATE
A snail mail arrived today confirming the match. Mail dated Feb 27, request was made on Feb 22.

Last edited by Happy; Mar 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got my last reply through physical mail. It took about 2 weeks to arrive.

The one before came by email, after 10 days.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
1 - what is the AA match everyone speaks of?
2 - is SM truly gone still, and if so, is it possible to close an account via chat w/o calling in? I'm wanting to get the Premier card for my wife but she will not want to have to call in to close the account to avoid the fee in the future.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
1 - what is the AA match everyone speaks of?
See this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...-matching.html

Read the Wikipost, in particular item 12.
muji likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:19 pm

Is this method officially DEAD?

I used to be able to get to this but today when I tried again, it wont go to secure message
Old May 1, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by ahhlun
Is this method officially DEAD?...today when I tried again, it wont go to secure message
Same has been happening to me in recent weeks.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:54 pm

I can no longer get Chat to open (using two different browsers: Safari; Chrome) over the past 2 weeks or so, trying at various times of the day and evening.

Getting Chat to open in Chrome rarely worked for me over the past few months, while Safari had been working.

Now neither works for me. No secure message option; no Chat option now.
Is anyone else having this Chat issue?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:59 pm

I just chatted in and closed my Citi Biz AA card. Haven't had success doing this in the past. Hopefully this means they are giving chat reps more flexibility to help.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I can no longer get Chat to open...Is anyone else having this Chat issue?
Originally Posted by Stephen25
I just chatted in and closed my Citi Biz AA card.
The other day I had to call in to lower a credit line since Chat was still not working for me. The agent told me that others have also reported this Chat-not-accessible issue, and that some customers cannot even log into their accounts.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ahhlun
Is this method officially DEAD?

I used to be able to get to this but today when I tried again, it wont go to secure message
It's just another way for Citi to give their customers the middle finger.

I should be able to upload requested documents through online banking like I can via secure message with Schwab... But I guess that's the difference between the two companies. You can have $0 in your account with Schwab and will almost certainly receive better customer service than if you're someone with $50,000 or more in assets with Citi. It's pathetic.

People with Citi Priority or Gold status should be able to skip the automated system, not have a hold time, and be greeted by a super-friendly, knowledgable customer service representative that will bend over backwards for them. Instead, I get someone who has an accent, doesn't know what they're doing, and doesn't want to help. Citi literally prevents any computer error on their part not be overridden by even the higher ups. Like how can you run a business like that with your higher net worth customers?

There's really no reason to clog up the phone lines because Citi doesn't want people to message them, and their worthless chat reps can barely help... And I'm Citi Priority.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:12 pm

Via chat, I was able to get a confirmation of my bonus amount and the due date for spending. I hope it is relaible.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
It's just another way for Citi to give their customers the middle finger.

I should be able to upload requested documents through online banking like I can via secure message with Schwab... But I guess that's the difference between the two companies. You can have $0 in your account with Schwab and will almost certainly receive better customer service than if you're someone with $50,000 or more in assets with Citi. It's pathetic.

People with Citi Priority or Gold status should be able to skip the automated system, not have a hold time, and be greeted by a super-friendly, knowledgable customer service representative that will bend over backwards for them. Instead, I get someone who has an accent, doesn't know what they're doing, and doesn't want to help. Citi literally prevents any computer error on their part not be overridden by even the higher ups. Like how can you run a business like that with your higher net worth customers?

There's really no reason to clog up the phone lines because Citi doesn't want people to message them, and their worthless chat reps can barely help... And I'm Citi Priority.
I think no matter what the big banks don't really give personalized service or tend to care much about their customers. It may sound sad but it's just reality. We are all just a number to them, "priority" level or not. You'd think having many thousands invested in their bank would change things but it rarely seems to matter.

I'm Preferred Rewards with BoA and haven't really noticed any difference in the service vs before becoming Preferred. Still long hold times and inconsistent reps.
mikesyr18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.