Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extended Warranty claim for item purchased with Citi Hilton card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond

I would really appreciate some help.

In 2016 I bought a Dyson Vacuum with a Citi Hilton card. It came with a two year warranty. The manufacturer warranty ended a few months ago and the Dyson quit working about 3 weeks ago. In January of this year Amex bought the Hilton card and converted it to a Amex Hilton Ascend card. About two months ago I upgraded the card to the Aspire. I contacted Citi about the warranty and they say it's an Amex card now, file through them. I did and it was denied since it was bought with a Citi card. Wouldn't you think when Amex bought the card they took over responsibility for warranties?

Any idea on how I should proceed?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...-card-faq.html

You will retain your Citi Hilton Honors Card travel and shopping protection benefits for purchases made using your Citi Hilton Honors Card before January 30, 2018. You may file a claim on and after January 30, 2018 under the current benefit terms, but only for purchases made before January 30, 2018 using your Citi Hilton Honors Card. Please note that you will not be able to file a claim online after January 29, 2018.
I read this to mean that Citi's insurer is still responsible, but that you cannot file the claim online.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:26 am
Original Poster

I also thought Citi would be the first place to start. Unfortunately when I called the Citi Claims Department they said all records were transferred to Amex. After my 3rd call I have asked for a Supervisor from Citi claims to return my call. I'll update when that happens.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Update: A supervisor called yesterday and I submitted the receipt and photo. Today I received an email letting me know a check for the full amount will be mailed within 72 hours.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:08 pm
mia

Originally Posted by elkhornne
A supervisor called.....
From which company?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
From which company?
A Citi Supervisor called.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:03 am
mia

Moderator action

Thread title revised, and transferred to Citi forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.