Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by daslax
Per Doctor Of Credit, there’s also a new annual $200 membership credit available for several membership fees charged to your CitiGold debit card (Amazon Prime, Costco, Spotify, etc). Currently only available to NY/NJ/CT residents, but expected to launch nationwide.
Interestingly it works for me (in CA) - at least to the point that I can get into the website and it gives me the option as to which services I want to be rebated for (you need to select them individually, although I don't seem to have any problem selecting all of those currently available). The T&C's do specifically state that "The customer must have received a direct invitation from Citibank to participate in this program"
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:46 pm

What counts for Prestige 5/3x TYP on hotels?

Airbnb seems to count, but interestingly Hotels.com and Cheaptickets.com do not. Please post here if you have experience with other OTAs like Expedia or Booking or other channels.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:02 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by abcx
.... Hotels.com and Cheaptickets.com ....
These are not hotels. If their merchant classification is travel agency they should earn 5X rather than 3X?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
These are not hotels. If their merchant classification is travel agency they should earn 5X rather than 3X?
I thought only air travel earns 5x? My statement breaks down bonus categories as 5x on Air Travel, 5x on Dining, 3x on Hotels, 2x on Entertainment, and 1x on Other Purchases.

Anyway, the Hotels.com and Cheaptickets transactions are coded as Other Travel - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOUR OPERATORS and definitely did not earn hotel bonus points. But you do seem to be correct - they seem to have earned 5x if I try to recreate the air travel bonus points on my statement. Is that how it's supposed to work, or it's just a fortunate glitch that works in our favor?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:41 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

With the Citi Prestige Card, you can earn ThankYou Points for purchases made on your card.

Unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:

— 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at airlines and travel agencies.

— 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at restaurants (including cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants).

— 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at hotels.

— 3 ThankYou Points for each $1 spent on purchases at cruise lines.

— 1 ThankYou Point for each $1 spent on other purchases.
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...o-CitiPrestige
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:47 pm

Thanks! I didn't know that - never saw the fine print - just saw the 5x on air on the application page and never actually looked through my statements until today. The earning really is rich considering TYP are worth at least 1.25cpp when cashed out for travel and a lot more if transferred to airlines with bonuses. I guess it is an expensive card once the AF goes to $495, but for those of us grandfathered into the $350 AF for another year, it's effectively $100 after the $250 air travel credit and that's before a retention offer...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abcx
Airbnb seems to count, but interestingly Hotels.com and Cheaptickets.com do not. Please post here if you have experience with other OTAs like Expedia or Booking or other channels.
I have the Premier, not Prestige, but it also earns 3x at hotels, and I've always earned 3x on hotels booked through Booking.com or Travelocity.com, but they were only booked through those channels, they were "pay at the hotel" reservations, and thus the payment was to the hotel, and that's undoubtedly why it counted for the 3x TYP.

So it shouldn't matter who you book through, it matters who you pay. If you book some advance payment rate that's paid to the booking agency rather than directly to the hotel, then it might not count. but if you pay at the hotel, it should count no matter who you used to book the hotel.

If it's not a hotel / motel, then it might depend on exactly how it's categorized. And then the exact card might matter, because Prestige based on the list posted above just does certain travel categories, while the less-expensive Premier promotes itself as the card to give 3x on "the widest definition of travel" (for example, it can include camping sites if they code as such) while it's not at all clear if Prestige goes anywhere near as "wide' with "places to stay" as Premier does.
akr1970akr and milesforhire like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:04 pm

What material is this card? Is the refreshed version any different?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by daslax
AF reduction is back! It’s listed on a new featured benefits page CitiGold Lifestyle Benefits. It’s now a statement credit and takes up to 3 billing cycles to post, but still great to have it back for those (like me) who were contemplating upgrading.
CitiGold + Prestige is back in play for me.
I was just charged $350 for my AF. Will keep it for $100/mo, despite my displeasure at the benefit eliminations.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I see that travel agency is included in the 5x bonus, but what about travel besides going through travel agency and hotels (3x)? For example things like uber, bus, train, are they 1x, 3x or 5x?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:48 am
mia

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
....uber, bus, train, are they 1x, 3x or 5x?
Should be "1". Prestige does not have a Travel bonus category, it has Flights, Travel Agencies, Restaurants, Hotels, Cruise Lines.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by docbert
Interestingly it works for me (in CA) - at least to the point that I can get into the website and it gives me the option as to which services I want to be rebated for (you need to select them individually, although I don't seem to have any problem selecting all of those currently available). The T&C's do specifically state that "The customer must have received a direct invitation from Citibank to participate in this program"
I'm also in CA. I signed up, and received the following email few days later:

Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Grrr. Still not working for me, and I actually have a NY based account, even though I don't live there anymore.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:30 am

Not sure this is where I should ask, but here goes:

I have the Citi Thank You Premiere card (got it in October 2018)
Therefore I'm not eligible for the Prestige 50k sign up bonus, correct? (hasn't been 24 months yet)

However:
Partner could apply for the card (never had a TY card) and get the bonus.
We're thinking of using the 4th night free benefit for Baros (Maldives) in April of 2020. But I cannot see if this hotel is eligible. TPG says it was (but that was a year or more ago I believe).

We live in NY as well, but the way I read things:
$495 AF
Get the $250 annual travel credit --does the booking via Thank You site (or Concierge) count? No biggie if not, there will be fees charged at the hotel
The 4th night free translates to be about $870 worth

So we basically come out $1,120 - $495 = $625 ahead

Am I reading things right?

Can anyone check if Baros (Maldives) is "eligible"? 4/23/20 - 4/28/20 ( 5 nights)
Baros Villa

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
We're thinking of using the 4th night free benefit for Baros (Maldives) in April of 2020. But I cannot see if this hotel is eligible. TPG says it was (but that was a year or more ago I believe).

We live in NY as well, but the way I read things:
$495 AF
Get the $250 annual travel credit --does the booking via Thank You site (or Concierge) count? No biggie if not, there will be fees charged at the hotel
I do not think that hotel stays count. However, other travel, like Uber/Lyft/airfare does.

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
The 4th night free translates to be about $870 worth

So we basically come out $1,120 - $495 = $625 ahead

Am I reading things right?

Can anyone check if Baros (Maldives) is "eligible"? 4/23/20 - 4/28/20 ( 5 nights)
Currently, hotels should generally be eligible. You can still book through the Concierge, who can call the hotel if necessary.

The ThankYou page lists Baros Maldives at North Male Atoll, Baros Island, MV as available for your dates with $687.88 per night: $3,480.24 USD total (after the 4th night benefit), including $728.70 USD taxes and fees and savings $687.66.
luv2vacay likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.