Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by flyjfk
Does anyone know if OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia qualify for 5x points for flight bookings? I researched about it but there isn't a confirmation.
We purchased airfare through Expedia, the charge appeared on the credit card as a charge from Air Canada and received 5x points.
cuthroat and flyjfk like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We purchased airfare through Expedia, the charge appeared on the credit card as a charge from Air Canada and received 5x points.
Thanks for the data point! Any idea regarding a hotel through Expedia (or any other OTA where you prepay)?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Thanks for the data point! Any idea regarding a hotel through Expedia (or any other OTA where you prepay)?
I made a pre-paid hotel res via the ThankYou portal, which showed up as a charge through a third party (tripchrg.com), and received 5x points.
GTITAN and cuthroat like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by jbeans
I made a pre-paid hotel res via the ThankYou portal, which showed up as a charge through a third party (tripchrg.com), and received 5x points.
Good to know, but it'd be great to hear about non-portal bookings also! Was this points+cash?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Good to know, but it'd be great to hear about non-portal bookings also! Was this points+cash?
Yes it was! Plus 4NF.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I had the same experience as jbeans.

I think people are going to have inconsistent results based on how the big Agencies code things up.

Maybe people should try smaller test transactions.

I have a big prospective travel agency expense coming up (Costco) and I'm just going to do split tender across multiple cards that I think should work, but don't know for sure.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:47 pm

I can confirm that CitiGold clients get the annual fee reduced to $350 (with $50 for authorized users). I received an automated mailing from Citi to notify me of this (along with elimination of certain other Citi Prestige fees).

It is funny how Citi don't promote this more on their website or promotional materials.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Anyone got the card after relaunch? I would love to see a pic. I mean is it the same as the "old" card. I would have hoped that in the future they make them a little bit more weighty and contactless.

My AA Platvcard seems like a piece of paper, its already getting chipped at the corners. I do not like it,seems very cheap. When you look at the card closely it is like 2 pieces glued together. I don't know if all Citi cards are like these as it is the only one i have but i've been with lesser bank and they can pull a better plastic.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if Airbnb codes as 3x?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:40 pm

Wow, their replacement card service is great. You can get your number right away, and expedited means 1 day (called in afternoon yesterday, here today).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by jbeans
thanks! did you have to manually call and find out that you got 5x points? how did you ascertain that you got 5x for it? citi has been so annoyingly opaque about these bonus points, but I also read on another website that they were testing the ability to show bonus points per transaction.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
thanks! did you have to manually call and find out that you got 5x points? how did you ascertain that you got 5x for it? citi has been so annoyingly opaque about these bonus points, but I also read on another website that they were testing the ability to show bonus points per transaction.
I don't put any regular spend on this card, I only use it for 4NF hotel bookings, so it was easy to confirm bonus multiplier. When my statement closed I got 5x the amount spent. It would be nice if they can break it down per purchase!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere but I didn't see it in a search. I currently have a Citi Premier that I use a lot, and a Citi Preferred (RIP my old Forward card) I don't use at all and then a balance of about 300k TY points, all earned via the Premier. I use points about half for airline transfers and half for redemptions in the TY portal for airfare at 1.25x.

Very interested in the Prestige because a significant amount of my spend is on dining, was thinking I'd do a product change on the Premier to the Prestige, but realizing I'd lose the 1.25x on flight redemptions, would it make more sense to upgrade the Preferred to the Prestige and keep the Premier open but not use it because my (current and future?) points would stay at 1.25x on redemptions? I think I could eek out enough with that 25% bonus to make up for the extra $95 annual fee. But I wasn't sure if that would work at all, and also would only my existing points keep the 25% bonus, or would points earned with the Prestige also get it?

I assume if I upgrade the Premier to a Prestige all my existing points would all of a sudden lose their 25% bonus, so if I was to go that route, I'd probably want to book some flights before I do the upgrade to maintain the 25% bonus.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Are all-inclusive properties not covered in 4NF?

I am looking to make a stay in Denali Backcountry Lodge or Skyline Lodge. Since these are 50miles inside the national park, they only have a rate that includes meals. Room only rate is not available. Aspire concierge said these would not be applicable.

Truth or HUCA? (links below)

Skyline Rates & Reservations :: Kantishna Air Taxi

https://www.alaskacollection.com/lod...country-lodge/
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Are all-inclusive properties not covered in 4NF?

I am looking to make a stay in Denali Backcountry Lodge or Skyline Lodge. Since these are 50miles inside the national park, they only have a rate that includes meals. Room only rate is not available. Aspire concierge said these would not be applicable.

Truth or HUCA? (links below)

Skyline Rates & Reservations :: Kantishna Air Taxi

https://www.alaskacollection.com/lod...country-lodge/
This was from a concierge over the phone a couple years ago, so they may have changed their T&Cs, but they told me rates with meals were not included UNLESS those were the only rates. All-inclusive properties like yours should be included.

The key thing I have found with the Citi Concierge is to not ask them if you CAN do something, they will usually say you can't. Ask them to DO it, then if they can't, they will tell usually you. I recently booked the Banyan Tree buy 2 stay 3 promo with Mastercard through the Concierge and had no issues combining with 4nf. I called, asked them to apply the promo code (MASTERCARD), the whole thing was easy by concierge standards.

Someone else posted that they were told they couldn't combine it when they asked. It's a publicly available offer on the Banyan Tree website which means it should be valid. Once again, this reminded me the difference in asking the concierge if you can vs asking them to do.
1readyset2go and roundtree like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.