Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:34 am

I called multiple people and they said they still see the fee $350 for CitiGold clients.

However, they can't confirm if that note just hasn't been updated post-refresh or if it's still the case ($350 fee).

Unbelievable how uninformed their customer service is.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:58 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
I called multiple people and they said they still see the fee $350 for CitiGold clients.

However, they can't confirm if that note just hasn't been updated post-refresh or if it's still the case ($350 fee)
The email I got from them back in November re all the changes said:

”Annual Fee will be increasing to $495, and $75 per authorized user, including cardmembers with a Citi Priority account. You will receive official notice of this change at a later date. This change will be effective at your account anniversary after September 1, 2019. If you maintain a Citigold or Citi Private Bank account, these annual fee and authorized user fee increases will not apply to your account.”
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:38 pm

So existing cardholders are grandfathered in. My guess is new applicants will still pay $350. Thanks for sharing
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Approved and also hold the Premier. I plan to make this winning combo my main portfolio going forward instead of CSR!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Approved and also hold the Premier. I plan to make this winning combo my main portfolio going forward instead of CSR!
I can see doing that too, especially with Citigold. UR Partner transfers, especially post UA/Hyatt devaluations and losing KE, doesn't offer the compelling value it once did. And, now, their travel portal is via Expedia? Well, that's a deal breaker for me.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Visconti
I can see doing that too, especially with Citigold. UR Partner transfers, especially post UA/Hyatt devaluations and losing KE, doesn't offer the compelling value it once did. And, now, their travel portal is via Expedia? Well, that's a deal breaker for me.
For sure. I don't reside in the U.S. most of the time, but if I did, I'd add the AT&T card to the mix and get 2TYP per dollar on lots of online spending as well. This would really be great!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Visconti
Note that the Citi portal is eventually going to run on Expedia backbone too, with no real concierge escape hatch. There js some phone service, but it'll just be reps interacting with the same portal you are. And there won't be any paid Southwest or Norwegian fare possibilities.

I think what works best is really personal situation specific.

That being said, I too downgraded my CSR a few days ago. We are de-emphasizing airline transfers & foreign travel for the next couple of years vs. domestic paid fares, and mostly need indy hotel stays. So the combo of fee and benefit reductions didn't seem great to me. Plus a lot of its benefits are duplicative (for me).

Last edited by akr1970akr; Feb 4, 2019 at 9:37 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Note that the Citi portal is eventually going to run on Expedia....
Can you provide a link to the source of this information?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mia
Is a move to Expedia such a bad thing? In terms of portal redemptions alone, I've generally found Chase to have superior hotel rates and selection with Expedia.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
I confused that with UR Portal, having erroneously inferred it from this blogger

https://milenomics.com/2019/01/redeeming-bank-points-2/

Although TYP can now be used directly on Expedia , so perhaps over time they will deepen the Citi/Expedia relationship more.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I confused that with UR Portal, ....
Thank you for the clarification. Indeed it is surprising that the issuer of Expedia's co-branded cards does not use Expedia to operate their travel portal, but for now we have three portals with different operators:

American Express = Orbitz (owned by Expedia)
Chase = Expedia
Citi = Connexions

I think it's fair to say that Chase's transition from Connexions to Orbitz has not gone well, which is not to say that there are zero benefits.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:35 pm

It seems to me that the UR portal got worse for car rentals after the cutover, but that's just my anecdote from a couple times checking it.

We'll see how the TYP portal changes over time.

I was poking around Connexions website today to read their case studies and reports.

It seems like its a good offering.

So far, I've found it functional enough, but I'm not doing anything complicated.

To me the bigger impairments were going from 1.6 cpp on AA bookings, to 1.25, and eventually to 1.

That really hammers anyone who's (foolishly!) saved their TYP
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

Is the card physically the same?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does the travel credit work for cruise purchases
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Does the travel credit work for cruise purchases
It should according to the terms:

$250 Air Travel Credit

Your Card Account is eligible to receive statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year for Travel Purchases made by the Primary cardmember or Authorized Users and which appear on your billing statement during that calendar year (“Travel Credit”). Citi will automatically post available Travel Credit(s) after eligible Travel Purchases appear on your statement. Please allow one to two billing cycles after the qualifying purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account.
  • Travel Purchases are defined as purchases made within the travel category, including purchases from airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies/travel aggregators/tour operators, commuter transportation, ferries, commuter railways, subways, taxis/limousines/car services, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, and bus lines.
1readyset2go likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.