Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:57 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Anyone know when I can get this damn card? There are a few I want to app for, but I'm waiting for the relaunch
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by jeepie
Anybody have a DP for dining when the restaurant uses Square? I used the card that way yesterday. Thought about using Amex Gold for 4x, but didn’t because I think I had heard Square isn’t posting properly with Square. Maybe CSR @3x is a more reliable option if Square is used? Tia.
Over the last few years, I have not observed problems with Citi / MasterCard with vendors using Sq. not coding up properly. I have not been explicitly tying our TYP earnings on a a pt/$ basis, but I'm also generally watchful with this, and honestly haven't seen big problems yet. We'll see if that is still true going forward.

Prestige is going to stop the annual bonus pretty soon, and that's the part I'm also bummed about.

This card is going to turn into a resty/travel card only, at least for us. For a long time it was the SO's daily driver, but no more.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:29 pm

The cell phone protection is unique as very few cards offer that, depending on coverage, this may be my next card!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ali380
The cell phone protection is unique as very few cards offer that, ....
This recent article lists eight:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/cred...one-insurance/
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Out of that list the only one I would be interested in is the Chase Ink Preferred. The Citi seems to be the only travel card offering this protection.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
Out of that list the only one I would be interested in is the Chase Ink Preferred. The Citi seems to be the only travel card offering this protection.
I have the Barclays Uber card. No annual fee. Pays for theft or breakage of cell phone, up to two incidents per year, $600 maximum pay out. To be eligible, you must pay the cell phone bill with the card.

Given it's a no fee card, you could just get the card, have it auto-pay the cell phone bill, and do nothing else with it.

I already had a screen breakage incident and they paid with no problem.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:46 pm

Does New 4th Night Free System Give the 5X for Thankyou.com?

They are advertising 5X for travel agents. Does thankyou.com qualify as a travel agent so you get 5X on a 4th night free booking?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:37 pm

Still no word on a sign up bonus for this card?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
They are advertising 5X for travel agents. Does thankyou.com qualify as a travel agent so you get 5X on a 4th night free booking?
Thankyou.com coded up as a travel agent (at 3x in 2018) for me last month.

For TY portal bookings with the 4NF, it comes as an upfront discount, so reduces your initial cost, assuming you are paying with cash.

For concierge 4NF bookings, you get a back end rebate.

So the same stay, booked via different channels, could end up with different TYP 'earnings'.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thought I’d share some experience. I went to a local restaurant that uses Square as their payment processor, even though they are marked as a restaurant, and I was awarded only even money on my points by Citi.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Thought I’d share some experience. I went to a local restaurant that uses Square as their payment processor, even though they are marked as a restaurant, and I was awarded only even money on my points by Citi.
I think that's a coding issue beyond Citi, since I have noticed that with Visa's from other banks, with some Square merchants.

Until I see that get sorted out, when I see Square in use, it means use Altitude.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Are we sure this card is actually going be up for applications again? or did Citi just refresh the card for existing users with no plans to allow people to app for it just to save a buck?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Are we sure this card is actually going be up for applications again? or did Citi just refresh the card for existing users with no plans to allow people to app for it just to save a buck?
A CitiCard supervisor confirmed yesterday that it should happen before the end of the month.
A Citi relationship manager confirmed a few weeks ago that it should happen in January.

I don't think they would have refreshed on Jan 4th unless they planned to allow new applications soon thereafter.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: N/A
Does the prestige offer lost item protection?

I've foolishly lost a pair of snowboard boots i just purchased in the back of an uber and had it been purchased with my platinum card, I would've been able to claim this.

​​​​​​​Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by JBG89
Does the prestige offer lost item protection?

I've foolishly lost a pair of snowboard boots i just purchased in the back of an uber and had it been purchased with my platinum card, I would've been able to claim this.

Thanks!
No, only stolen or damaged. If it's uber, have you contacted the driver/uber?
355F1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.