Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by dantandaman
The citi one is worse I feel. because it only cover the FIRST leg of the trip. So if you have to make a connection, you're out of luck for the 2nd (or further) legs.

hmm, I thought that Chase was the same in that regard.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by ellinj
Are the trip delay/cancellation benefits on the Citi/ChaseSR essentially the same now? I think I read that the Citi went up from 3hrs to 6. Not talking about the primary car rental protection, I know thats better on the chase.
There are a lot of nuances to each card benefit. i wish I could give you a canned simple answer, but a lot will be situation specific (did you book with TYP/UR, or loyalty program, or cash), what were circumstances of delay / cancellation, and how well can you support/document those.

I just got hit with another delay event on Dec 31, and will have to submit another claim, and am not looking forward to this, even though I'm pretty certain this is totally covered, as it was an outright flight cancellation, where we had an overnight non reimbursed hotel room expense. We were grateful to even get a room, only 4mi from LAX. That was where booking direct with the property, and gently using my SO's status, got us the last room I think at 6pm on NYE in Manhattan Beach, LA. Still not free, and expecting the Virginia Surety denial do si do square dance.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:17 am

This card is nuts. I have an Amex Platinum, a Citi Prestige, and my wife has the Sapphire Reserve. Of all three cards, I save more money with this one.

$1600 in 2 different 4th Night Free Refunds last year
$300 in price rewinds
$250 in travel credits
$30 in other promotions

then with 5x points in dining and airfare, plus free travel insurance... easily the best card in my wallet. Makes it's annual fee back by a factor of 4 on the credits alone. If you stay at nice properties this card is incredible.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
This card is nuts. I have an Amex Platinum, a Citi Prestige, and my wife has the Sapphire Reserve. Of all three cards, I save more money with this one.

$1600 in 2 different 4th Night Free Refunds last year
$300 in price rewinds
$250 in travel credits
$30 in other promotions

then with 5x points in dining and airfare, plus free travel insurance... easily the best card in my wallet. Makes it's annual fee back by a factor of 4 on the credits alone. If you stay at nice properties this card is incredible.
Agreed. Honestly, I'm perplexed by people that can't get value out of this card. But I suspect many are slaves to hotel status and that is a challenge. However, for higher end/boutique properties this card pays for itself many times over.

Regards
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:00 pm

Might be too early, but would love to hear reports if 5x, 3x categories are posting as advertised.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Burger King $1.61 posted 8 points.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by mia
Burger King $1.61 posted 8 points.
Thanks. How can you tell? On AMEX, there is a 4x icon, and on Chase, it's pretty easily listed as well... however, I haven't found a way to show the bonus points for individual transactions with Citi?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Thanks. How can you tell? ...
It is the only 2019 Dining transaction on the statement. I made it intentionally because I knew you would ask .

Citi does not itemize awards by transaction.
jeepie and hipp0 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:04 pm

Since the ability to book 4NF hotels through the concierge will be going away, I took a good look at the online portal the other day, and it doesn't look like a viable option going forward. Majority of the rates posted are rack rates, you'd almost always save more money booking directly with the hotel even with 4NF. And of course, luxury boutique hotels like Aman are not on there. I saved about $2000 last year with 4NF, but I definitely won't be able to do the same once the new policy kicks in.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin
prediction: Citi concierge will not book any 2020 dates

seems in sync with Citi’s not applying 2x limit to 2019 bookings if made prior to Sept 2019.
suspect Citi is ready to be done with all concierge bookings, including processing rebates, as of end 2019.
this is Citi’s way to automated via thankyou.com.
I just proved this one wrong
I got in on the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar pricing all suites for their regular room rate in 2020.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
Might be too early, but would love to hear reports if 5x, 3x categories are posting as advertised.
My statement just closed. I made three restaurant purchases post Jan 4, but the rewards earnings were just listed as:

2x dining and entertainment
1x other purchases
Additional bonuses

Overall I earned around ~1,300 points on ~$330 of purchases. None of it made any sense, including the 1x other purchases (there was enough 1x in there to account for over half the total purchases, but in theory everything except a ~$50 car rental should have been 2x and above). The overall earnings were higher than I would have gotten had everything coded perfectly in my favor, so I have no idea what is going on. Hopefully next month will be more transparent.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by jbeans
Since the ability to book 4NF hotels through the concierge will be going away, I took a good look at the online portal the other day, and it doesn't look like a viable option going forward. Majority of the rates posted are rack rates, you'd almost always save more money booking directly with the hotel even with 4NF. And of course, luxury boutique hotels like Aman are not on there. I saved about $2000 last year with 4NF, but I definitely won't be able to do the same once the new policy kicks in.
Agreed, I've looked at the website for booking a handful of times and it was pretty terrible in each case. I only use the 4NF benefit 2-3 times a year, so I thought the net changes were going to be positive for me, but if they truly stick to forcing people to use the website for booking, the 4NF benefit become close to worthless to me. I'll wait until September just in case things change, but I'm already juggling so many cards, I can't see how it will be worth the hassle of continuing to juggle this card for a minor increase in earnings on restaurant spend.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by jameswes
I got in on the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar pricing all suites for their regular room rate in 2020.
Although booking is hard enough, getting the credit to show up properly (in the future) is going to be the real test.

I don't have much hope for this amenity going forward.

I wish they had simply designed it better to begin with so it would have been a sustainable perk that could have been enjoyed longer, and more broadly across the customer base.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
i got in on the same deal at Baha Mar.
but decided to go forgo the $250 4NF rebate in favor of the $100 credit, daily restaurant breakfast, amenity, and confirmed one-category upgrade with Prive.
if the hotel honors the rate, will just have to see then if they go the whole way and also honor the one-category upgrade.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:29 pm

Anybody have a DP for dining when the restaurant uses Square? I used the card that way yesterday. Thought about using Amex Gold for 4x, but didn’t because I think I had heard Square isn’t posting properly with Square. Maybe CSR @3x is a more reliable option if Square is used? Tia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.