Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Accepting applications as of 1.31.2019 50,000 points for $4,000 spend in 90 days:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-prestige-card#ddl-pricinfo

Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:28 am

has any existing cardholder received notice of when these changes begin?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
has any existing cardholder received notice of when these changes begin?
Nothing from Citi yet for me
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:07 am

Received an email this morning with the changes. Included was a link to a page that further describes the changes: https://information.citi.com/prestige/intro

Edit to add: Within the e-mail (but not on the webpage), the annual fee increase WILL apply to those with Citi Priority:

Annual Fee will be increasing to $495, and $75 per authorized user, including cardmembers with a Citi Priority account. You will receive official notice of this change at a later date. This change will be effective at your account anniversary after September 1, 2019. If you maintain a Citigold or Citi Private Bank account, these annual fee and authorized user fee increases will not apply to your account.

Last edited by andyli; Nov 9, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by andyli
Received an email this morning with the changes. Included was a link to a page that further describes the changes: https://information.citi.com/prestige/intro
Yes, official e-mail just landed in my inbox as well.

BIG changes for the 4 night free which was not discussed yet - all booking after September 2019 must be done through the ThankYou points portal, and there is no booking through the Concierge any more.

That is a MAJOR devaluation of the program (no more special rates).
jamesinclair likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by andyli
Looks to be the first confirmation that the Relationship Bonus, for those that had it, is going away
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Just got my email this morning. I didn't read about the thank you portal 4th night free but thanks for posting will go investigate now. that would be a huge loss since doesn't that mean you can no longer get elite benefits?

ETA: It says you can still call to book though in the fine print. Whats the difference between calling thank you and concierge? I would assume they route you to the same place now for bookings. It does say the savings are instant, which I sort of like more rather than last time when on a prepaid booking i had to wait for like 5 months for the stay to get credit.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
ETA: It says you can still call to book though in the fine print. Whats the difference between calling thank you and concierge? I would assume they route you to the same place now for bookings. It does say the savings are instant, which I sort of like more rather than last time when on a prepaid booking i had to wait for like 5 months for the stay to get credit.
The updated terms show up in the fine print on the website (footnote #4), but the text is not included in the fine print that was included in the e-mail.

Beginning 09/01/19, Citi Prestige Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings and bookings must be made either online at ThankYou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou in order to be eligible for the Fourth Night benefit.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:24 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by miadukes
ETA: It says you can still call to book though in the fine print. Whats the difference between calling thank you and concierge?
I believe that calling Thank You (which is Connextions and not the concierge) means that you’re still restricted to the Thank You booking engine which is Expedia or Orbitz... so unfortunately it would appear that as of 9/1, these are going to appear to hotels as third party prepaid rates, and won’t be eligible for elite benefits and night/stay credit with most programs.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by dw

I believe that calling Thank You (which is Connextions and not the concierge) means that you’re still restricted to the Thank You booking engine which is Expedia or Orbitz... so unfortunately it would appear that as of 9/1, these are going to appear to hotels as third party prepaid rates, and won’t be eligible for elite benefits and night/stay credit with most programs.
Way I read the email fine print the call in process while remain the same, for now.

*Edit: As several folks have pointed out the website sets a deadline for the end of the Citi Prestige Concierge" / Aspire Lifestyles method.

Complimentary 4th Night
can be redeemed two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019 will not count toward your two redemptions for 2019.4

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates ("Fourth Night"), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only throughthankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through thankyou.com or 1‑800‑THANKYOU, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.

Eligibility Requirements:
  • Reservations must be made by the primary cardmember. Reservations must be in the primary cardmember's name.
  • Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is consecutive nights booked and stayed on one reservation and does not include back-to-back stays. Back-to-back stays are stays at the same hotel booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the eight night stay).
  • Rates provided by Citi Prestige® Concierge and at thankyou.com may vary.
  • For group reservations, or other reservations consisting of multiple rooms, only one room will qualify for one complimentary night.
  • Packaged rates, such as air and hotel, hotel and car rental do not qualify for this benefit.
  • Hotel imposed fees and incidental guest charges are the cardmember's responsibility and are not included in the calculation of the complimentary Fourth Night benefit.
  • The complimentary Fourth Night benefit is intended only for personal use by the primary cardmember, and not for business travel.

Last edited by firemandan9; Nov 9, 2018 at 6:53 am
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by firemandan9
Way I read the email fine print the call in process while remain the same, for now.
I'm quoting from the website and the terms are slightly different:

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates (“Fourth Night”), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through Thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the “Citi Prestige Concierge” is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. Beginning 09/01/19, Citi Prestige Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings and bookings must be made either online at ThankYou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou in order to be eligible for the Fourth Night benefit. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through Thankyou.com or 1-800-ThankYou, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.
Relevant section in bold.So starting in 9/2019 things change markedly for worse.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
"Annual Fee will be increasing to $495, and $75 per authorized user, including cardmembers with a Citi Priority account."

well.....maybe it's time to switch to chase?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I'm quoting from the website and the terms are slightly different:

Relevant section in bold.
Huh, poor that the email doesn't include this important devaluation. 4th night free may frequently save little to nothing for my use cases after this deadline.

If Citi IT actually manages to remove my grandfathered annual fee and I don't get a good retention offer sounds like it will be time to close my Checking/Savings accounts as well. The new changes including the devaluation of Citi Thank you points cash out rates are a direct cut of benefits to midteir banking clients.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by firemandan9

there are 2 fine prints: email and online. Online has the following fine print:

Beginning 09/01/19, Citi Prestige Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings and bookings must be made either online at ThankYou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou in order to be eligible for the Fourth Night benefit.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:57 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by flyershmlyer
there are 2 fine prints: email and online. Online has the following fine print:

I’m saving my email because the email states:

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates ("Fourth Night"), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through thankyou.comor 1‑800‑THANKYOU, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.

THUS, I will book through the concierge and use this as ammo if they try to deny my two 4th night free claims after Sep 2019.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by 355F1

I’m saving my email because the email states:

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates ("Fourth Night"), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through thankyou.comor 1‑800‑THANKYOU, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.

THUS, I will book through the concierge and use this as ammo if they try to deny my two 4th night free claims after Sep 2019.
There is no doubt that booking that happens before 9/2019 through the concierge will be covered.

But good luck getting anyone at the concierge booking for you after 9/2019. I wish it would have been that simple - but we all know it is not going to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.