Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi TYP to VS Flying Club 30% bonus thru 10/13/18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Latest transfer bonus is to Virgin Atlantic 1000 Citi TYP = 1300 VS Flying Club - same deal as currently offered by Amex MR.

Transfer ThankYou Points to Virgin Atlantic and receive 30% Bonus Flying Club miles. Offer is valid for Point Transfers to Virgin Atlantic completed by 11:59 PM ET October 13, 2018. Promotion Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:56 pm

Nice! Wonder if Chase will also have it.
Need to move some points into VS
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Possible, but Chase has never offered a transfer bonus to any partner.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:37 pm

Transfer was quite fast, maybe 2 days max.
Wish i had more Thankyou points!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:39 pm

Is the transfer working for people? I'm getting an error message saying "When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help."

I transferred point over from AMEX, which is running the same deal, and didn't have any issues, so I know the problem isn't with my Virgin account.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Is the transfer working for people? I'm getting an error message saying "When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help."

I transferred point over from AMEX, which is running the same deal, and didn't have any issues, so I know the problem isn't with my Virgin account.
I called in this morning, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. My names match, so it isn't that. My Virgin account is new, about 10 days old, and the Citi rep that could be the issue, but I've never heard of that being a problem before. Nothing in the terms indicates an account has to be any minimum age. And as I noted above, my transfer from AMEX went off with no problems. I'll be very annoyed if I miss out on the redemption I have my eye on because Citi can't process the transfer properly! ARGGHH!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:48 pm

I called in this morning, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. My names match, so it isn't that. My Virgin account is new, about 10 days old, and the Citi rep that could be the issue, but I've never heard of that being a problem before. Nothing in the terms indicates an account has to be any minimum age. And as I noted above, my transfer from AMEX went off with no problems. I'll be very annoyed if I miss out on the redemption I have my eye on because Citi can't process the transfer properly! ARGGHH!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Were you ever able to get your points transferred? I too am receiving this error.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Were you ever able to get your points transferred? I too am receiving this error.
Yes, the did eventually get it solved -- sorry for not updating here!

It was in fact a name mismatch, but a ridiculous one that was Citi's fault, and hard to find. They had a trailing space after my name in the field -- i.e., instead of Joe Blow. they had it as Joe Blow . And that extra, invisible space in the field caused the names to be treated as not matching. It was miracle they even found it, but I lucked into a very careful and dedicated rep who tracked it down for me (after about 5 other reps gave up). Good luck getting it solved!
ricohitman likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:25 pm

Yes, the did eventually get it solved -- sorry for not updating here!

It was in fact a name mismatch, but a ridiculous one that was Citi's fault, and hard to find. They had a trailing space after my name in the field -- i.e., instead of Joe Blow. they had it as Joe Blow . And that extra, invisible space in the field caused the names to be treated as not matching. It was miracle they even found it, but I lucked into a very careful and dedicated rep who tracked it down for me (after about 5 other reps gave up). Good luck getting it solved!
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out.

I just got off the phone with Citi and they told me that the error is called by an issue on their end. They're working to fix it, but it could take a few days. Hopefully that's the issue and it's not something related to the spelling of my name, etc.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:55 am

My mother recently had a problem transferring TYP to VS and it took about six calls and a couple of months to resolve. Not sure what the underlying problem was but it was eventually resolved. They promised her 2k TYP points for her troubles which of course never showed up in her TYP account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.