Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:49 pm

Just wanted to find out whether this is the new norm or am I right in thinking this is odd - FICO 850, Applied for a new AA citi card and was expecting an instant approval, but was instead greeted with

We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision.

Needed the card urgently to buy a plane ticket, but now I wonder whether I should simply give up on Citi and use another CC instead?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by puchong
Just wanted to find out whether this is the new norm or am I right in thinking this is odd - FICO 850, Applied for a new AA citi card and was expecting an instant approval, but was instead greeted with

We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you in approximately 7-10 days regarding our decision.

Needed the card urgently to buy a plane ticket, but now I wonder whether I should simply give up on Citi and use another CC instead?
Citi often approves after you call them to verify information. I would call tomorrow AM
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:21 am

After the end of the Aadvantage churn I stayed away from Citi until a month ago when I applied for a Premier card and was denied. Called recon and they said my lines of credit were too high but I wondered if they held a grudge. However I lowered my credit limits on other cards, reapplied and was instantly approved.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:17 pm
eh9

anyone tried to earn/redeem points on AA after being shutdown in 2019?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:33 pm

I got stranded at JFK earlier this year, and made a last minute Avios redemption for AA business class on their B772 (JFK-MIA). It cost me 16,500 Avios. I haven't tried to earn AA miles -- it seems very unattractive under the current regime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.