Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by walterj
@bobert24
1) NLL Amex links are targeted referral links that are sent from time to time. People share them on doctorofcredit. I just saw there are new NLL targeted for Amex business plat reported by middleagemiles. My DW got her third gold card that way.
I just checked and I too am eligible for a NLL delta card via the DOC link. Funny thing is I never had one before. I wonder if I could sign up for two gold delta's via the NLL link or maybe one gold and one plat?
Any thoughts?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
I just checked and I too am eligible for a NLL delta card via the DOC link. Funny thing is I never had one before. I wonder if I could sign up for two gold delta's via the NLL link or maybe one gold and one plat?
Any thoughts?
NLL really is really of interest for folks who already had the card, of course take the best offer.

If it is worth getting for you, do it. As far as getting a 2nd in a short period, I think that is too risky. I am in it for the long term, so I prefer going slower. If you want a 2nd, I’d wait six months or a year, if NLL still works.

In the past, there were some cards that you could get multiple in a short time. But not so much today. I take risks from time to time, but I don’t want to burn bridges with amex, chase or citi.

As far as getting a plat, If it makes sense for you, get the plat, but the fee is high.
Old May 6, 2020, 9:16 am

In my continuing quest to churn but still get below 5/24 next year I have successfully applied for the US Bank Business Cash Rewards card https://bizcards.usbank.com/credit/b...ash-rewards.do.
$500 cash back after $4500 spend in 150 days. Only got a $5k CL but very happy since I already have 4 other business cards.
LWT3 likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robl
In my continuing quest to churn but still get below 5/24 next year I have successfully applied for the US Bank Business Cash Rewards card https://bizcards.usbank.com/credit/b...ash-rewards.do.
$500 cash back after $4500 spend in 150 days. Only got a $5k CL but very happy since I already have 4 other business cards.
Thanks for sharing. Are you in the U.S. Bank footprint geographically? And how strict is U.S. Bank about having a documented business with some history behind it (i.e., can a sole proprietorship that is a start-up with no revenue or history get approved)?
Old May 15, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
Thanks for sharing. Are you in the U.S. Bank footprint geographically? And how strict is U.S. Bank about having a documented business with some history behind it (i.e., can a sole proprietorship that is a start-up with no revenue or history get approved)?
I'm in CT where there are US Banks. Sole proprietorship but with a real income of 70k, no business or other account with US Bank. It was not an instant decision but got email approval a week later. I am lol/24 now although most of that was in2019.
LWT3 likes this.

Last edited by Robl; May 15, 2020 at 12:20 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:16 pm

Got the BOA Business Advantage Cash Rewards with $500 after 5k spend and 3% CB on select categories https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go. Surprised I got instant approved when I already had a BOA Business Platinum card. Business Advantage Cash Re
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:51 pm

Just got a Delta mailer. When I sign into my account I see a NLL Amex Business card for 65k miles after 2k spend. Will apply after finishing spend on the previous card.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:28 am

My business card churn continues. I applied for the Barclay JetBlue business card when it had the 100,000 SUB. 2 letters, submission of copies of my driver's license, social security card and utility bill plus a phone call to "security" got me approved with a whopping $1000 CL. Anyway come June I fall below 5/24 and plan to hit Chase hard.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Citi Product Change - impact on chase 5/24?

I just product changed my Citi American Airlines Platinum Card to the Costco card. I am told I am getting a new account number which makes sense since it is mastercard to visa.

Can anyone confirm whether this will show up as a new credit card on my credit history?

I am about to go under 5/24 for chase and do not want a new credit card to show on my account. I also do not want my credit report to show a closed credit cared account.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I just product changed my Citi American Airlines Platinum Card to the Costco card...
Product change is a very slow process at Citi, can take 2 months past your request. So if you decide not to risk the impact on your Chase app, you can cancel the PC. Unfortunately, I have no relevant experiences with Chase to contribute.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Can anyone confirm whether this will show up as a new credit card on my credit history?

I am about to go under 5/24 for chase and do not want a new credit card to show on my account. I also do not want my credit report to show a closed credit cared account.
It depends what you mean by "new". It will show up as a credit card account that wasn't there before on your credit history, but it should inherit the open date from the original card. There may be some overlap time when both cards show on the credit report, but if so then shortly afterwards the old card should disappear from the list of currently open cards. The old card shouldn't show as a closed credit card account, but in case it does it should show an explanatory note that it was converted to another account.

So it shouldn't have any long-term impact on Chase 5/24, but it may have some temporary short-term impact.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It depends what you mean by "new". It will show up as a credit card account that wasn't there before on your credit history, but it should inherit the open date from the original card. There may be some overlap time when both cards show on the credit report, but if so then shortly afterwards the old card should disappear from the list of currently open cards. The old card shouldn't show as a closed credit card account, but in case it does it should show an explanatory note that it was converted to another account.

So it shouldn't have any long-term impact on Chase 5/24, but it may have some temporary short-term impact.
Great, thanks. Very helpful.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:01 pm

i finally fell below 5/24 and took advantage of the fantastic CSP 100k offer. Having made that spend I applied and was approved for a Spark Cash business card ($700 after 6k spend 1 1/2% CB on all purchases). Its not the same as the Aadvantage churn but still fun.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Robl
i finally fell below 5/24 and took advantage of the fantastic CSP 100k offer. Having made that spend I applied and was approved for a Spark Cash business card ($700 after 6k spend 1 1/2% CB on all purchases). Its not the same as the Aadvantage churn but still fun.
I had a feeling I wasn't the only one whose first card after the AA fiasco was another CSP. The timing is perfect to slip back under 5/24. I'm curious to see what else becomes popular for those of us who have been waiting so long after such a good run.

Shameless plug: for those of you looking to get the CSP, don't forget to check the referrals thread.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
I had a feeling I wasn't the only one whose first card after the AA fiasco was another CSP...
You could be the only one to hybernate for so long The "AA fiasco" was 1.5 yrs ago. Yes, it was mostly quiet time, but AmEx did come out with some tempting SUBs and updated products in the meantime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.