Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi bank has an "F" rating with Better Business Bureau?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Signed-up for the American AAdvantage Platinum Select card about a month or so ago and I noticed a double-charge for two AA tickets that I purchased earlier this month. Normally with other banks, if this happens, I simply go online, click the dispute button, and it's taken care of relatively quickly and easily. With Citi bank, I disputed the charges, but then was told I had to contact AA so I contacted AA and they said I would need to contact Citi bank...basically playing ping pong here and I'm thinking I may need to go ahead and pay the double charges to avoid interest charges while I continue fighting for the double charges to be reversed. Just for "fun", I decided to check their rating with the BBB and I couldn't believe they have an F rating and aren't even accredited....I checked to see what Bank of America's rating was just to see if this was "typical" and they had a B- and WERE accredited.

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bu...ew-york-ny-140
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Signed-up for the American AAdvantage Platinum Select card about a month or so ago and I noticed a double-charge for two AA tickets that I purchased earlier this month. Normally with other banks, if this happens, I simply go online, click the dispute button, and it's taken care of relatively quickly and easily. With Citi bank, I disputed the charges, but then was told I had to contact AA so I contacted AA and they said I would need to contact Citi bank...basically playing ping pong here and I'm thinking I may need to go ahead and pay the double charges to avoid interest charges while I continue fighting for the double charges to be reversed. Just for "fun", I decided to check their rating with the BBB and I couldn't believe they have an F rating and aren't even accredited....I checked to see what Bank of America's rating was just to see if this was "typical" and they had a B- and WERE accredited.

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bu...ew-york-ny-140
It's no surprise... Citi's customer service is a joke.

Expect to explain Citi's products to their very own people. Expect to hang up and call again multiple times to get the simplest of tasks done. Expect to frequently get reps with heavy accents.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:54 pm

While Citi is generally a joke of a bank, the BBB is also a joke. What does a BBB accreditation accomplish?
javabytes, rjs11 and mikesyr18 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.