Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Thank You gift card sale

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Citi Thank You gift card sale

How often does Citi have a sale on gift cards?

About 3 weeks ago they had one that was 20% off on cards. Yesterday I received an email for a 10% off sale.

It it's frequent, I'll try to wait until the next 20% off gift card sale.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by iowa guy
How often does Citi have a sale on gift cards?

About 3 weeks ago they had one that was 20% off on cards. Yesterday I received an email for a 10% off sale.

It it's frequent, I'll try to wait until the next 20% off gift card sale.
Interesting, I may have to sign up for their emails as I've been redeeming for full price all these years. Ugh!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:39 am

Considering we're on a travel forum I have to ask...why are people using TY points @ less than 1.25 cpp? I had burned plenty of TY pts on student loan checks and Amazon GCs a while ago and regret doing that now as I could have gotten better value redeeming them for travel.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Well redeeming at 1.25cpp through the portal may limit your choices in travel vendors, limit the discounts you may have access to, and also (for chain hotels) limit your ability to get stay / points.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Considering we're on a travel forum I have to ask...why are people using TY points @ less than 1.25 cpp? I had burned plenty of TY pts on student loan checks and Amazon GCs a while ago and regret doing that now as I could have gotten better value redeeming them for travel.
In my case I only earn ty rewards by having a citi checking acct (not via a cc) so I am limited in redemption options due to the fact that I earn very few pts via this method. Would take me years to get a worthy travel redemption so gc's are easier and quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.