Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Travel Portal - Basic Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S

Does anyone know a way to book the non-basic economy fare when booking a flight directly through the TY Portal? Very frustrating because it has a special note indicating so-and-so flight is basic economy, but seems no (or at least very accessible) way to change it or upgrade it.

For instance, 4/12 SFO-BUR all United fares showing are the basic economy fares -- would like to pay the $25 for a regular economy fare.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:31 pm

I don't know for sure, but you may want to call the Citi Travel Concierge at 1-800-508-8930. I don't know if this deal includes TY points, but it's worth a call.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:18 pm

I thought I found a workaround, but Citi gonna Citi.

When you search for flights, there is a button in the top right that says "Click Here To Exclude Basic Economy Fares". Clicking it shows you regular economy fares. However, when I add a flight to my itinerary, I get a pop-up saying they found the flight for a cheaper price and click Continue to continue with the cheaper price. Of course, the cheaper price flight is the basic economy fare and there's no way to not continue with the cheaper price.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I just avoid all United flights whether on the portal, or elsewhere.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I just avoid all United flights....
UA is not the only airline with Basic Economy fares.

The portal is operated by Connexions, not by Citi. If the opt-out feature doesn't work as expected I would make the booking by telephone, and report the glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.