FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1892271-citi-premier-mastercard-60-000-points-4-000-spend-3-months.html)

iahphx Jan 7, 2018 10:10 pm

Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)

I can't get the link in the wiki to work is the 50K Premier offer gone?

Quikarmani Jan 8, 2018 8:20 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 29263858)
I can't get the link in the wiki to work is the 50K Premier offer gone?

Yes I have the same problem. Seems like the link is dead.

iahphx Jan 8, 2018 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Quikarmani (Post 29265064)
Yes I have the same problem. Seems like the link is dead.

I successfully applied instead for the generous 60K AA card so I guess I'm good to wait awhile for a good Thank You card bonus. :)

tdee1005 Jan 10, 2018 1:57 pm

I applied for a Citi Thank You Premier Card at a time when the sign up bonus was 50K points. I met all the requirements for the bonus. However, Citi did not award the points. After emailing Citi, I got this: "Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate each and every opportunity to
serve you.

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you
mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you
received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account
and contact you.

Please send the requested information including your name and full
account number to:

Citi Customer Service
PO Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6500

Has nyone been through this situation. If so, how did you resolve it to your satisfaction. I already spoke to a Citi manager, but to no avail. Thanks for any help.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.

sdsearch Jan 11, 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by tdee1005 (Post 29276004)
I applied for a Citi Thank You Premier Card at a time when the sign up bonus was 50K points. I met all the requirements for the bonus. However, Citi did not award the points. After emailing Citi, I got this: "Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate each and every opportunity to
serve you.

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you
mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you
received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account
and contact you.

Please send the requested information including your name and full
account number to:

Citi Customer Service
PO Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6500

Has nyone been through this situation. If so, how did you resolve it to your satisfaction. I already spoke to a Citi manager, but to no avail. Thanks for any help.

If there is any way we can be of further assistance, please feel free to
contact us.

The problem is that "at a time when" is not sufficient enough. There have been plenty of times in the past year or two where the official Citi page had no signup bonus at all for the Premier, and only a specific link that was in the wiki of this thread (and/or a few other "obscure" places online) had that bonus. So you had to apply through that specific link, not just "at that time".

And even if you did use the right link, but you tried another link before you applied through that link on the same browser, that could be the problem. Citi is known for mixing up browser cookies from the link you visited an hour a go to the link you visited now (in the same browser).

The only totally safe way to apply for a Citi card is (a) to make absolutely sure you're using the right link, and (b) open it in Private/Incognito mode (which ignores all cookies in your browser). Then, if you want proof, take snapshots of every page as you go through the application process.

ninim2200 Jan 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tdee1005 (Post 29276004)
I applied for a Citi Thank You Premier Card at a time when the sign up bonus was 50K points. I met all the requirements for the bonus. However, Citi did not award the points.

what did your approval letter say about the bonus? if you were to get the bonus from Citi; the approval letter would mention it.

jiaogulan Jan 22, 2018 12:56 am

I realize no one knows when the 50K bonus will return, but can anyone comment if this is a fairly normal occurrence for the bonus to disappear .. for a while? Trying to decide if I should wait it out, or consider other options, before I pile on new accounts. I am feast (with AMEX and Chase) and famine (with Barclays and BoA) so it is making me get creative like I am sure many of us are after being in the game for a while. ;)

About to drop my Citi AA Platinum when the fee is due, so I am hoping I am not on Citi's sh*t list -- aka, hoping they have not become Barclays, new BoA (not your grandmother's Alaska churning BoA), and US Bank.

RobertHanson Jan 22, 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jiaogulan (Post 29323252)
I realize no one knows when the 50K bonus will return, but can anyone comment if this is a fairly normal occurrence for the bonus to disappear .. for a while? Trying to decide if I should wait it out, or consider other options, before I pile on new accounts. I am feast (with AMEX and Chase) and famine (with Barclays and BoA) so it is making me get creative like I am sure many of us are after being in the game for a while. ;)

About to drop my Citi AA Platinum when the fee is due, so I am hoping I am not on Citi's sh*t list -- aka, hoping they have not become Barclays, new BoA (not your grandmother's Alaska churning BoA), and US Bank.

Unless they have changed in the past 48 hours, Citi just doesn't care about the usual things you listed. How many of their cards you have opened and closed over the years (in our case "tons"), how much or how little you have spent on other Citi cards (for us 95% of our spend is just min spnd), if you keep them open for years, or make the min spnd the day you get the card and then quickly cancel to avoid the AF (as we did with a number of 100K Exec cards), if you obviously did the entire min spnd with MS (we almost always do the entire min spnd with GCs); they just don't care.

And yes, Citi changes up the sign up bonuses on many of their cards frequently. Some times they even have apps out at the same time with very different bonus levels depending on which one you use. The TYP Premier went from 50K to zero, and then back up to 40K, then 50K again, and now apparently nothing. Personally I wouldn't apply for a Premier with less than 40K as a bonus. Patience here is most definitely a virtue. ;)

jiaogulan Jan 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 29324386)
Unless they have changed in the past 48 hours, Citi just doesn't care about the usual things you listed. How many of their cards you have opened and closed over the years (in our case "tons"), how much or how little you have spent on other Citi cards (for us 95% of our spend is just min spnd), if you keep them open for years, or make the min spnd the day you get the card and then quickly cancel to avoid the AF (as we did with a number of 100K Exec cards), if you obviously did the entire min spnd with MS (we almost always do the entire min spnd with GCs); they just don't care.

And yes, Citi changes up the sign up bonuses on many of their cards frequently. Some times they even have apps out at the same time with very different bonus levels depending on which one you use. The TYP Premier went from 50K to zero, and then back up to 40K, then 50K again, and now apparently nothing. Personally I wouldn't apply for a Premier with less than 40K as a bonus. Patience here is most definitely a virtue. ;)

Beautiful. That's more my speed. Wish I didn't mess around with the other banks and snagged the 50K Premiere offer while it was around.

Oh well, no worries being patient here. I mean, I am not gonna get an AMEX Plat til I can get a 100K link working for me. (the key word being: me)

ninim2200 Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Here is a new 30K link

ninim2200 Feb 4, 2018 9:11 pm

I updated the wiki with 2 - 30K links, someone should fix the title of the thread, i don't know how.

Dantrav Feb 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Open a second ThankYou Premier card?

I currently have a ThankYou Premier card I opened 2 yrs ago ( Jan 2016). Can I open a duplicate card to get the bonus and then cancel the first card? I already have a Prestige which I am going to keep but don’t really need the ThankYou Premier. I was just figuring that since I’d have to wait another 2 years once I close the card whether I should do this now.

RobertHanson Feb 12, 2018 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Dantrav (Post 29405418)
I currently have a ThankYou Premier card I opened 2 yrs ago ( Jan 2016). Can I open a duplicate card to get the bonus and then cancel the first card? I already have a Prestige which I am going to keep but don’t really need the ThankYou Premier. I was just figuring that since I’d have to wait another 2 years once I close the card whether I should do this now.

AFAIK, the only rule Citi has right now is not having opened or closed a card in the same 'family' in the last 24 months. No problem with having an open card from beyond 24 months. So yes, the optimum plan is to apply for a new card, then once approved quickly cancel the old card so as to keep your next 24 month timeframe as short as possible. Remembering of course that we have no idea what the rules will be 24 months from now.

RobertHanson Feb 26, 2018 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Dantrav (Post 29405418)

According to Frequent Miler the 50K sign up bonus with first year AF waived, and $4K spend, is back.

Dantrav Feb 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 29460267)
According to Frequent Miler the 50K sign up bonus with first year AF waived, and $4K spend, is back.

yes. Just saw today so I’m planning on applying. Thanks