FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1892264-citi-aa-cards-all-platinum-gold-executive-business-2018-a.html)

weifans Jan 2, 2018 12:57 am

Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018

Happy New Year!
Two of my cards are also locked due to "fraud alert" but I don't have access to my cell number since I'm out of the country. I guess I will wait and call them when I get back to the states in mid Jan. My mailer code is expected to expire Dec 31 2017, I am a bit concerned whether I will be able to use the code. I guess my real question is, should I apply for a new card while having two cards locked? I don't want the "fraud alert" to mess up the new applications. Any data points appreciated. Thanks!

ninim2200 Jan 2, 2018 6:09 am

Originally Posted by weifans (Post 29238665)
Happy New Year!
Two of my cards are also locked due to "fraud alert" but I don't have access to my cell number since I'm out of the country. I guess I will wait and call them when I get back to the states in mid Jan. My mailer code is expected to expire Dec 31 2017, I am a bit concerned whether I will be able to use the code. I guess my real question is, should I apply for a new card while having two cards locked? I don't want the "fraud alert" to mess up the new applications. Any data points appreciated. Thanks!

You can deal with your cards when you go back to the states. As far as the mailer, it should work for 2 months past the listed expiration date.

wyogold Jan 2, 2018 5:14 pm

2 more approvals from applications late December with app IDs starting with 2017***. Short 2 minute hold after calling in following 'need more info'. Gravy train says Choo Choo!

flyer4512 Jan 3, 2018 12:04 am

DP, 65K to 75K match still going. FYI, I did not tell them I received a better offer, I said I saw one

"We have added 10,000 miles to your account to match the offer that you
received. This adjustment will be included in the total monthly mileage
on your statement within 2 billing periods.

Keep in mind that in order to receive the 65,000 bonus miles you need to
have $4,000.00 in purchases by 05/06/18.

rover4618 Jan 3, 2018 11:53 am

I had another card frozen by fraud until I called in. All they asked me was I the one whom applied for the card .. ?????? ...

I found that very strange because I already had the card for four months received my bonus paid of all prior staetments on time etc.

I am wondering if there is something triggering these inquiries only from peoples whom applied via mailers since many of us are having this happen ???????

Carl Christensen Jan 3, 2018 11:57 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29243172)
DP, 65K to 75K match still going. FYI, I did not tell them I received a better offer, I said I saw one

"We have added 10,000 miles to your account to match the offer that you
received. This adjustment will be included in the total monthly mileage
on your statement within 2 billing periods.

Keep in mind that in order to receive the 65,000 bonus miles you need to
have $4,000.00 in purchases by 05/06/18.

Did you not try for plus 20k? That's what I was doing when I was using 65k mailers. My last two mailers I've used have been 50k that have been matched +20k

flyer4512 Jan 3, 2018 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen (Post 29245371)
Did you not try for plus 20k? That's what I was doing when I was using 65k mailers. My last two mailers I've used have been 50k that have been matched +20k

AFAIK, the 20K match on 65K has been dead for months

gnomey Jan 3, 2018 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ohyonghao (Post 29225696)
I've failed that test multiple times and it has been a bit frustrating with them over this "feature".

At the beginning of the year I had switched phones, but did not port numbers. New phones for both my wife and I. Ever since we have had trouble with their phone verification. What happens is they have access to a database that says that this number is connected to you. My Ting phone, and Callcentric phones apparently are not connected to me through their database. They cannot use those to verify me. I don't have any other phones, and a couple times it has been a sticking point for trying to get verified to talk to a representative.

Other methods they might try is calling another CC and verifying you that way. This doesn't always come up as an option, and doesn't always work either as I had gotten my account so stuck nothing worked until they mailed me a code and had me call back in with the PIN.

Hopefully some of that clears up the seemingly insecure ask for a phone number and call you back verification feature.

Thanks for the explanation

I am starting to really think Citi is launching some fraud prevention campaign. After a phone call re: Citi AA, now, out of the blue, I got a snail mail request to call in regarding my other Citi card (TYP card) abt a possible fraud attempt. When I called them, they inquire me abt some big purchase I made back in November and wanted to double check that it was me making it and not some unauthorized person. This is some 6 weeks ago and they didnt raise a fuss back then!

Insane. Whatever their false detection mechanism is in their IT system, it is certainly detecting a lot of false positives - and in such a delayed manner

mia Jan 3, 2018 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey (Post 29246183)
,,, detection mechanism is in their IT system, it is certainly detecting a lot of false positives - and in such a delayed manner

-OR- they are validating that the model correctly approved transactions.

LWT3 Jan 3, 2018 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 29246237)
-OR- they are validating that the model correctly approved transactions.

If their models think the transactions are valid, they shouldn't lock the cards and force people to call in.

muji Jan 3, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29245435)
AFAIK, the 20K match on 65K has been dead for months

The 20k match on 50k offers is still working.

Hopefully the 20K match on 65K is still possible.
Does anyone have additional data points on this?

flyer4512 Jan 3, 2018 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 29247054)
The 20k match on 50k offers is still working.

Hopefully the 20K match on 65K is still possible.
Does anyone have additional data points on this?

Plenty of failed 65k to 85 K attempts in the past month or 2, read back

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 29196417)
I tried to get my 65k/$4k offer matched to "+20k", and each time the CSR replied that there were no known 85k offers. I settled for a 10k match in the end.

Robl Jan 3, 2018 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29247103)

Yes that seems dead. Just this evening did another successful 65k to 75k match so that is still an easy match.

PETERPNYC Jan 4, 2018 4:10 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29247103)

​​​​​​​+1 I tried to get my 65k matched to 80k 2x . No good . I too settled for 10K match .

Superorb Jan 4, 2018 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 29246895)
If their models think the transactions are valid, they shouldn't lock the cards and force people to call in.

If it was voluntary how many people do you think would take the time to call in? My guess is not many.