Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Forward accounts being converted to Citi Preferred MasterCard on January 3, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Forward accounts being converted to Citi Preferred MasterCard on January 3, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jmorgans
Anyone successful converting your converted Forward into AT&T Access More or AT&T Access?
I don't think anyone has had any successful conversions.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
For those who stay, have you gotten the new card yet??

I know I have not. Yet.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by garykung
For those who stay, have you gotten the new card yet??

I know I have not. Yet.
I haven't as well.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I don't think anyone has had any successful conversions.
not true. I converted to a citi aa advantage platinum card once the preferred showed up on my account. I did it before it even arrived.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:24 am

I am also still waiting for the new card. When I sign into my account, the card shows as processed on January 5th, but not shipped yet. That hasn't stopped Citi from sending me multiple email messages that my card should have arrived by now and to activate it.

Glad I'm not the only one still waiting.

-db
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by brianuseruser
not true. I converted to a citi aa advantage platinum card once the preferred showed up on my account. I did it before it even arrived.
I got the new card in the mail today, and I tried the online chat. That rep said she could not assist via chat and I should call to PC my card.

Then I called to convert to the DC, but the representative told me that he was unable to do so and I had to apply for the DC.

Any suggestions to convert it to something else?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:07 pm

I did get the card in the mail.

Do we have a known answer if the product change of Forward to TYP reset the 24 month window? What about product changing TYP to DC?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:00 am

Got this e-mail today:

"We sent you an activation email too earlyWe recently sent you an email asking you to activate your new Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, which will replace your current Citi Forward® card. We apologize for any confusion. If you have not yet received your new Citi ThankYou®Preferred Card, it will arrive later this month. When you receive your new Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, pleaseactivate it immediately. Until then, you can continue to use your current Citi Forward card."
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was told by a rep that I would have to wait six months from activation to convert to DC due to it being a conversion already.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
The question is if I don't activate the new card and continue to use forward, will I get 100 points for paying the bill?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by yugi
The question is if I don't activate the new card and continue to use forward, will I get 100 points for paying the bill?
I didn't get 100 points on my last bill in late Jan (haven't even received my Forward card)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
I've had this card since the MTVU days. Sad to see it go.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I've had this card since the MTVU days. Sad to see it go.
Same here - Especially miss the 2,000 Thank You points for report card.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Is it safe to remove Forward card from online banking account?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by yugi
Is it safe to remove Forward card from online banking account?
It is safe when you can see your new account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.