Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou added Avianca LifeMiles as transfer partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou added Avianca LifeMiles as transfer partner

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Waiting past 2-3 days to get my points in lifemiles, crazy ,, have a ticket to book for next month :-(
points not in yet 8th day now.
no response from either Citi or Avainca.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
points not in yet 8th day now.
no response from either Citi or Avainca.
The ThankYou FAQ mentions that transfers may take up to 14 days. This is confirmed by this post in September:

Originally Posted by sleuth
...... Just got off the phone with ThankYou customer service and they told me they can’t cancel the transfer and redeposit my points until the 15th day, and no one at ThankYou knows what the cause is for the delays.....
...this suggests that points are transferred to some programs on a regular schedule (e.g. once per week or twice per month), and that these transfers have not been delayed, just waiting for the next batch.

https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyo...qs&src=TYUSENG
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The ThankYou FAQ mentions that transfers may take up to 14 days. This is confirmed by this post in September:

...this suggests that points are transferred to some programs on a regular schedule (e.g. once per week or twice per month), and that these transfers have not been delayed, just waiting for the next batch.

https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyou/help.page?cmp=nav&csccode=TYPOINTS-PTXNG&lid=pts_trsfr_1 link_int text points_transfer_faqs&src=TYUSENG
May take 14 days is different from taking full 14 days & usually that's the max time to start an investigation and still not showing up on your lifemiles account.
Thank god the United award opened up , i could book it with my UR, I am so stuck with TYPs which I hardly am able to use.
Let's see what happens, I am still talking to LM & Citi.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA PLT
It was my experience (and quite a few others online, from what I've read), that the first transfer can often be lost indefinitely, or at least for many weeks. I made one transfer that never made it, followed by another one a couple hours later that posted instantly.

My advice: transfer the minimum number of points the very first time you transfer (currently 1k), and then transfer the balance that you need immediately.

Mine at least had a happy ending, as the points posted months later, and Citi was willing to refund the TYP to me after 15 days, so a nice bonus. Rep said he had never been able to cancel a points transfer before, but no issues when he tried for me.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
It was my experience (and quite a few others online, from what I've read), that the first transfer can often be lost indefinitely, or at least for many weeks. I made one transfer that never made it, followed by another one a couple hours later that posted instantly.

My advice: transfer the minimum number of points the very first time you transfer (currently 1k), and then transfer the balance that you need immediately.

Mine at least had a happy ending, as the points posted months later, and Citi was willing to refund the TYP to me after 15 days, so a nice bonus. Rep said he had never been able to cancel a points transfer before, but no issues when he tried for me.
After long chat i pushed to refund back to TYP , 48 hours was the deadline promised on 11/09 and nothing yet & nobody next knows about the issue at all.
Have to start with "long long time ago" every damn time.
Like you said if i transferred 1000 points first time and say lose it , the second one will also be lost , 14 days is lame. Award booking is time sensitive; with Capital One opening up these guys are going to run for cover or get their .... together.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT
After long chat i pushed to refund back to TYP , 48 hours was the deadline promised on 11/09 and nothing yet & nobody next knows about the issue at all.
Have to start with "long long time ago" every damn time.
Like you said if i transferred 1000 points first time and say lose it , the second one will also be lost , 14 days is lame. Award booking is time sensitive; with Capital One opening up these guys are going to run for cover or get their .... together.
You might ask them to try "returning" the order, as if it was merchandise purchased with TYP -- the rep I spoke with did that, and the points were credited back immediately.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
DP, I transferred 1k TY points to Lifemiles to test how long transfer too. I did a new linking between my TY and Lifemiles account the the 1250 Lifemiles showed up about 15min after I did the transfer.

Assuming a bigger transfer takes same short time frame, this will be helpful to snag any lifemiles Biz of F award space that pops up over next 2 weeks.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:00 pm

DP -- my very first TY to Lifemiles transfer, linked account, transferred ~50k points, and the points posted instantly in my LM account.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:05 am

I am having the same issue several others are reporting:

- Error message when I attempted to transfer 130,000 points to LM
- Points were deducted from my CITI account anyways
- Email confirmation from CITI saying transfer complete
- No miles in my Avianca account

This is extremely frustrating as all my other LM transfers were instant. Called both Citi and LM and they both said I need to wait two weeks (!). This will not work as I am trying to book a ticket for next week. No idea what to do.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:28 am

U have no option, i wonder what changed if u already booked before. Citi is ...... , CC doesn't even know what's going on. I got my miles thankfully after more than a month of frustration & 50+ calls.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

U have no option, i wonder what changed if u already booked before. Citi is ...... , CC doesn't even know what's going on. I got my miles thankfully after more than a month of frustration & 50+ calls.
Thanks. I did end up getting through to a really helpful lady at Citi TY. She didn’t solve the problem, but did try

are you sure the the issue isn’t with Avianca? I haven’t had this issue with citi before
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:37 am

It’s now a disaster. 3 days later and the miles are lost.

Avianca claims it takes a *minimum* of 8 days for them to show up, which is categorically not true.

Citi doesn’t know what happened.

Nobody will help. Horrible.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by dval44
It’s now a disaster. 3 days later and the miles are lost.

Avianca claims it takes a *minimum* of 8 days for them to show up, which is categorically not true.

Citi doesn’t know what happened.

Nobody will help. Horrible.
Same here. I lost 80k TYP during the transfer and still waiting for the miles.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bonus LifeMiles offer is valid for Point transfer to Avianca LifeMiles completed between 11/15/18 12 AM ET and 12/12/18 11:59 PM ET
Got a reminder email to transfer to get 25% bonus - very curious how they define "completed"...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by kohoutc
To close the loop on my issue. I spent a couple of hours making calls to LifeMiles support and Citi ThankYou support. The friendliness and help from LifeMiles was surprising and unexpected based on stories of heard about their call center. Although the overall experience was frustrating, they were great. I called them five times and never experienced a wait time, english speakers were clear and polite and eventually they told me "Citi has not sent the miles to your account." With that, I called Citi back up for the fourth time and spoke to a very competent agent who essentially redeposited my Citi points, tried the transaction again and they posted IMMEDIATELY.
Originally Posted by linglingfool
You might ask them to try "returning" the order, as if it was merchandise purchased with TYP -- the rep I spoke with did that, and the points were credited back immediately.
Do you remember the name of the rep you spoke with? I hope it is possible to transfer my call to them directly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.