Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou added Avianca LifeMiles as transfer partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou added Avianca LifeMiles as transfer partner

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:53 am

Update: it has now been 15 days are miles are yet to be found. After emailing Avianca, they have now officially "escalated" my case.

A pleasure to greet you.Thanks for the information provided; we've escalated the accrual for your transfer points to LifeMiles, in this case, the miles will be reflected in your account within 10 business days, you can validate the request status by contacting us or our Contact Centerproviding the case number XXX.

We remain at your disposal.

Regards,
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dval44
Update: it has now been 15 days are miles are yet to be found. After emailing Avianca, they have now officially "escalated" my case.
What email did you use to contact Lifemiles?

It has been 20 days and still not showing up. Citi opened a ticket and it would take 5 days. I want to push from Avianca side as well.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am

Transferred 87k on 12/4 and still no miles, opened cases and citi says they contacted avianca and they show the transfer is complete, however, its clearly isn't as it doesn't show it in my lifemiles acct or balance. I guess the next step is to call avianca to see if the miles are somehow in limbo or if they need to click something that didn't happen automatically. citi hasn't been terribly helpful.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by moops380
....doesn't show it in my lifemiles acct or balance. ....
Another possibility is that the miles were deposited in another account.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:19 pm

citi page shows transfer and correct account number. so if they manually did it at avianca, then perhaps. will have to get on the phone.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:33 am

- I contacted lifemiles using [email protected]. Please note that they require 8 days before they will help you, then they need all the confirmation numbers and screens.

- Citi "resolved" my case about 10 days ago by saying the points were transferred, the end. Extremely unhelpful.

- It has now been 20 days since Lifemiles said "the case has been escalated and the miles will be posted within 10 days."

- I am now on the phone with Citi making them call Lifemiles. They didn't "resolve" anything as the miles are still missing. Extremely frustrating.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by moops380
Transferred 87k on 12/4 and still no miles, opened cases and citi says they contacted avianca and they show the transfer is complete, however, its clearly isn't as it doesn't show it in my lifemiles acct or balance. I guess the next step is to call avianca to see if the miles are somehow in limbo or if they need to click something that didn't happen automatically. citi hasn't been terribly helpful.
Strangely enough I transferred on 12/4 as well. Maybe something odd happened that day.

Almost as frustrating as the miles not transferring was me knowing instantly something was amiss and every single person at LifeMiles and Citi telling me, "It's standard. Nothing's wrong. Wait 8 days. Wait 10 days. Wait 20 days." Lo and behold, 30 days later, miles are 100% missing and there is zero accountability.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:03 pm

Big news, guys. Now that Avianca has blown through their 10-day window, they have now escalated my case. I am told to sit tight and give them more time (it’s been 30 days):

“As we haven't received a response from our internal department, we've escalated your case, reason why, we need you to provide us more of your time and once we get a response we'll notify you through this means.

We remain at your disposal.

Regards,”
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:20 pm

More news: I contacted Citi again and talked to someone who seemed quite competent.

- He acknowledged there has been an "issue" with Avianca affecting more people than just me

- He gave me 5k points as a courtesy

- He opened a *new* ticket and said they are already interfacing with LifeMiles and is quite confident it will be resolved within 72 hours

Frustrating that the first ticket offered no resolution, but I am semi-hopeful now. I will post my results here for you all.

My best advice at this stage would be to HUCA with Citi until you find someone who is good, then really press them to interface with LM and get it solved. Though that advice is coming from someone whose points still haven't shown up yet.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat,UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by dval44
More news: I contacted Citi again and talked to someone who seemed quite competent.

- He acknowledged there has been an "issue" with Avianca affecting more people than just me

- He gave me 5k points as a courtesy

- He opened a *new* ticket and said they are already interfacing with LifeMiles and is quite confident it will be resolved within 72 hours

Frustrating that the first ticket offered no resolution, but I am semi-hopeful now. I will post my results here for you all.

My best advice at this stage would be to HUCA with Citi until you find someone who is good, then really press them to interface with LM and get it solved. Though that advice is coming from someone whose points still haven't shown up yet.
Hi dval44, I have the same issue. Transferred 150K TYP to Lifemiles on Dec 11th 2018 but still nothing in my Lifemiles account. It is my first TYP transfer and it has been 4 weeks. Please let me know your status and hope I get the miles posted soon.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by charismony
Hi dval44, I have the same issue. Transferred 150K TYP to Lifemiles on Dec 11th 2018 but still nothing in my Lifemiles account. It is my first TYP transfer and it has been 4 weeks. Please let me know your status and hope I get the miles posted soon.
Will update! I'd suggest contacting CITI if you haven't already, and make it very clear you want them to find the points, not just confirm that they have left Citi
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:49 pm

Update:

It has now been 72 hours since Friday, and the miles are still nowhere to be found.

I called Citi and asked them why they did not follow through on their promise to have the miles posted within 72 hours.

They told me it will be "72 business hours" before the points will post. I don't really know what that means. Do I need to count their opening hours each day and then divide 72 by that number?

Anyways, they said by midnight on Thursday (6 days after the '72 hour' promise), the points and the bonus will appear in my LifeMiles account.

We'll see!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:39 pm

Update: no miles in my account.

Lifemiles emailed me with this gem today:

Hello,

Our internal department confirms that your case has already been forwarded to the bank in order to solve this matter in a timely manner. Once we have more details, we'll notify you by this means.We appreciate your comprehension with this matter.

Regards,

-----

Literally nobody has any flipping clue where my points are. And it's been over a month.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:21 pm

Update Time!

Call #1 to Citi today:

"Hi, I was told 6 days ago by your office that the miles would for sure, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed, be in my account within 72 hours. It has been more than 72 hours. They are not there. What is the story?"

"72 hours? Who would have told you that? It will be 30 days or more. Let's update your current address. What's your address?"

Click. HUCA

------------

Call #2

"Hi, I was told 6 days ago by your office that the miles would for sure, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed, be in my account within 72 hours. It has been more than 72 hours. They are not there. What is the story? I just spoke with someone who said it will now be 30 days."

typing....typing...."Ok, I see 72 hours here"....hmmm"....typing....

"Can I look into this further and call you back?

----------------
Call #3 (she calls me back ~5 hours

"Honestly I have nothing much to tell you. I contacted my supervisor. Your ticket is marked and resolved.

"NOT RESOVLED!!! MILES NOT THERE!!!"

"Yes, yes.....ok I have escalated this.....We should have this sorted in the next 48 hours."

-------------

Tickets, escalations, escalations, tickets, nada.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:44 pm

I AM SO ****** MAD RIGHT NOW. SO MAD.

Citi has officially said they will do nothing to help me. After the "promises" and "tickets" and "deadlines" their official stance is that there is nothing they can do.

I spoke with a supervisor who said it is in the terms and conditions that it is not their responsibility for the miles to post.

I finally asked to just reverse the charge and they said there is "No way, no possible way" to do that. All transfers are final.

I'm so F*** man right now I'm shaking. 5 weeks later, no miles, and they have dispensed with any pretense of "looking into it."

Their official stance on losing 130,000 of my miles is "Tough luck."

CITI is beyond unhelpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.