Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou added Avianca LifeMiles as transfer partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

I logged in this morning to see Avianca LifeMiles as a Citi Thank You transfer partner.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: all
hopefully they will offer a bonus for transfer...

im still waiting for them to do a bonus for TK since adding them
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:48 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Awesome to see them adding more partners. While some may want more US partners, I find these the most valuable. Just initiated a test transfer to see how long it takes to transfer to LifeMiles. Writing a blog post about this now and will update both there and here when my transfer completes.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
So I presume it wasn't instant? Now that would have been a game changer.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:49 pm

Not instant. Just initiated a test transfer. Will update when points post.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news! Finally a "parking" partner in an alliance (*A)! Avianca LifeMiles expiration can be deferred indefinitely (24 months at a time) by earning / redeeming. (The T&Cs aren't clear if transferring counts, but there are other ways to earn "on the ground" in case it doesn't.)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Seems like it's VERY not instant
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 10MM, BA GLD, SPG PLT, HH D
Just moved 1000 points from wife's Citi Thank You to LifeMiles and transfer was instant. Moved 10,000 points from my ThankYou account on 11/12 and still waiting.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:31 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
UPDATE Nov 17th: It took 5 days from the time I initiated my transfer from Citi to LifeMiles for the points to appear in my account. I initiated the transfer on a Sunday. On Tuesday I got an email from Citi that they were transferring the points. And on Friday I got an email from LifeMiles that the points had been added.

That's an update to my more complete analysis of the new Avianca / ThankYou transfer option.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:02 pm

Thanks to all for data points!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:17 pm

I made two back to back transfers yesterday and both posted immediately.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I made a 65K points transfer today and it was instant. I hadn't even finished printing the TYP confirmation page when an email popped up from LifeMiles saying points had been transferred in.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Alaska MVP
My transfer was also instant. Very helpful for the 7500pt domestic ski flights when UA has X availability. 4-5cpp on domestic coach!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Great news! Finally a "parking" partner in an alliance (*A)! Avianca LifeMiles expiration can be deferred indefinitely (24 months at a time) by earning / redeeming. (The T&Cs aren't clear if transferring counts, but there are other ways to earn "on the ground" in case it doesn't.)
I've simply donated points to extend Avianca miles. Can be as few as you want to donate.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Gah. I initiated a transfer Citi -> AV and got a "system error, please try again" message. But the points have been deducted and the transaction is listed on the TYP website as successful. TYP agent also says the transfer was successful (and that it can take 14 days to complete). Of course, the points have not been added to my LifeMiles account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.