Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Car rental Insurance Coverage in Ireland with Citi AA MasterCard

Old Aug 22, 17, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)

I have a car rental arranged in Ireland. I know that my Citi World Elite MasterCard covers some of the "optional" insurance items I will be asked about on collection, question is exactly which ones are covered? There are four separate additional insurance options, as follows
1) Collision (CDW). I am pretty certain this is covered by the CC.
2) Theft Protection (car theft). I believe, but am not certain this is covered by CC.
3) "Super cover" [Eliminates deductible that goes with CDW]. I have no idea if this is covered, or not?
4) Personal accident/Personal effects coverage. Not covered by CC?

Any direct knowledge of which of these is/is not covered is welcome!
Old Aug 25, 17, 11:31 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
1-3 are covered by Citi under CDW. Rental agencies like to break it into several pieces to charge you more. Your personal stuff that might be stolen from inside the car (#4) is not. If you are not leaving your Rolex and Picasso in the car while visiting the cliffs of Moehr you probably don't need to worry about it. If you are there are much better places to buy travel insurance than Avis or Dan Dooley. Liability insurance in case you injure or break someone else or their stuff is required by law and included in your base rental fee.

In short, decline all coverage from the rental agency.

Search this Thread