Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as Complimentary 4th Night Eligible, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old May 28, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by damon88
My 2 credits for March stays finally posted but one is several hundred dollars less than its supposed to be. It appears that they didnt convert pounds to dollars. They opened a case today but this process is really annoying.

Have others had problems with bookings in foreign currencies posting correctly?
My recent credit was for a EUR stay and posted properly...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:49 am

Is this still the # to call to book 4NF via the Concierge - 1-561-922-0158? I haven't used the benefit in a while so just want to confirm. Also, are they available 24x7 or only during business hours during the week? (I remember it being the former but it is hard to keep up with all these changes!). Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I was told just now that corp codes are not supported even manually any more, due to a "vendor change". They offered me a rate 2x my corp rate. Now holding for a sup.
She put me on hold and got a special team on-line, and he said they can do it. If you have this issue, ask for the special "Prestige team". Odd, since the first rep said she knew how to do the 4th night free, but stated incorrect rules. Just reminds me of how much of a gift we will be loosing in the fall. :-(
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:30 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by neony77
Is this still the # to call to book 4NF via the Concierge - 1-561-922-0158? I haven't used the benefit in a while so just want to confirm. Also, are they available 24x7 or only during business hours during the week? (I remember it being the former but it is hard to keep up with all these changes!). Thanks!
24x7

1-561-922-0158
1-877-242-5321
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I was told just now that corp codes are not supported even manually any more, due to a "vendor change". They offered me a rate 2x my corp rate. Now holding for a sup.
She put me on hold and got a special team on-line, and he said they can do it. If you have this issue, ask for the special "Prestige team". Odd, since the first rep said she knew how to do the 4th night free, but stated incorrect rules. Just reminds me of how much of a gift we will be loosing in the fall. :-(
That's not good. I usually just email them to book a reservation as it's quicker for me, but it has been days since I sent a request with no reservation booked. They did send an email that it will be a few days before they get back to me, which I've never gotten before. I wonder if it's due to using a corp code.

Not being able to use a corp code would be a huge blow to using this benefit, along with the limitation of only twice a year.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:15 pm

in 85 days, you’ll definitely never be able to use a corp code
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Just Called The prestige line. As of TODAY, June 5, Concierges can no longer book hotel rooms. ALL 4th night bookings must go through their 3rd party travel agency, who is also no longer 24 hours and does not earn you points with your Hotel programs etc..... I will wait for card expiry next year.....then this card is GONE.

Sad.

Safe travels all.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Just Called The prestige line. As of TODAY, June 5, Concierges can no longer book hotel rooms. ALL 4th night bookings must go through their 3rd party travel agency, who is also no longer 24 hours and does not earn you points with your Hotel programs etc..... I will wait for card expiry next year.....then this card is GONE.

Sad.

Safe travels all.
Just booked with them, so still possible to do. But as the stream of recent reports indicate, how well you can use the benefit is very YMMV with the rep you get.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:36 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I just called and was told the same thing ... they no longer make bookings directly with the chains, so no corporate codes, benefits, points, etc. I escalated to supervisor and ended up being transferred to an agent who made the reservation the old way. It's safe to assume that they're trying to kill off the costly old way of making reservations sooner rather than later, and I'd recommend getting bookings in asap.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
This is like the restaurant which tells you 'the kitchen closes at 9pm' but actually won't take any food orders after 8pm .... after seating you.

Citi better/must be really confident in their net value proposition because its probably one 3-6 months til card holders

a) experience the New & Improved benefit suite
b) see the New & Higher annual fees

I'd be happy if they quietly improve the off label / unadvertised benefits. But the bloggers wont pimp those normally.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:52 pm

I see myself keeping the card for now because we take 4-night trips to Hawaii (1x or 2x a year) and generally favor the Four Seasons resorts. The 4S resorts often have their own 4th or 5th night free promotions for certain rooms, and the TY portal rates will reflect those discounts, so I can double-dip. But other than that, this card will lost/has lost a lot of its usefulness.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Im not sure what people are talking about with respect to recent chatter about changes (in the last few days) but I literally just booked a new 4th night free reservation in the same way Ive done for several years now via the Citi Concierge (aspire lifestyles) (6/5/19 9:30pm CDT) using the same number as in post #857 in this thread. It was booked directly with the hotel chain by the TA I spoke with. Same as in dozens of other 4th night free ressies Ive made with the prestige over the years.

Last edited by Renard; Jun 5, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
People get a variable customer experience with booking. It sounds like you got a good one.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Renard
Im not sure what people are talking about with respect to recent chatter about changes (in the last few days) but I literally just booked a new 4th night free reservation in the same way Ive done for several years now via the Citi Concierge (aspire lifestyles) (6/5/19 9:30pm CDT) using the same number as in post #857 in this thread. It was booked directly with the hotel chain by the TA I spoke with. Same as in dozens of other 4th night free ressies Ive made with the prestige over the years.
It just matters if you get the elite team, or if you roll over to the general queue. Unfortunately, I don't think the elite team will be there much longer.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:54 pm

Has any tried emailing the concierge lately to book 4NF with loyalty benefits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.