Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1

You can’t receive a credit for two hotel rooms on any same date.

Although, has anyone tested this using the online booking portal yet....?
I was able to get credit for two rooms. I went to Universal Studios with my adult daughter and family. I put her at the Royal Pacific and my wife and I stayed at the Portofino. Got first credit in about 30 days, second one took a couple reminder emails and posted about 70 days. But I got both!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by moe8555
I was able to make a 4NF booking on the phone today for a stay this coming Monday-Friday. Booking confirmation email was also sent on the spot.

I'll update about the rebate time as soon as I have an update.
Following up: checked out on May 17 and the credit posted today!

I feel bad for you folks that are waiting months...
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I recently booked a stay in late December under a fully flexible rate -- yet I received the "Your Citi Prestige Complimentary Night Credit is on its way" email from the concierge today. Will be interesting to see if the credit actually posts in the next 10 working days, and even more interesting to see what would happen if I end up cancelling the booking (directly with the hotel).
The 4th night credit posted today - for a fully flexible rate booked in late December! Bizarre..
Old May 23, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
and on the flip side for a stay paid for over 2 months ago

"thank you for using Citi Prestige for your Complimentary 4th Night Stay hotel booking. My name is O......, and

I am a Concierge Administrator with the 4th Night Verification Desk. I am contacting you regarding your hotel booking

at ............... I am missing some information that I need to verify before processing your Complimentary
4th Night credit. I have been in contact with the hotel directly and they are unable to release the necessary

information due to privacy policies. Would you please email a copy of your final hotel invoice/folio, so I may finish the

verification process? "

This is BS - never had a problem with "verification" before at this or any hotel - how much harder could they make it - while giving people refunds for reservations not yet paid for??????? Guess there's not much reason to renew
Old May 23, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by estnet

"thank you for using Citi Prestige for your Complimentary 4th Night Stay hotel booking. My name is O......, and

I am a Concierge Administrator with the 4th Night Verification Desk. I am contacting you regarding your hotel booking

at ............... I am missing some information that I need to verify before processing your Complimentary
4th Night credit. I have been in contact with the hotel directly and they are unable to release the necessary

information due to privacy policies. Would you please email a copy of your final hotel invoice/folio, so I may finish the

verification process? "

This is BS - never had a problem with "verification" before at this or any hotel - how much harder could they make it - while giving people refunds for reservations not yet paid for??????? Guess there's not much reason to renew
That sucks. You can probably resolve it by sending a copy of your Prestige statement showing the charge. If they insist that is not enough, try to dig up a folio online or from the hotel. That can be vexing though.

There has been a lot of abuse of this, so they are basically treating 4NF like insurance claims.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:10 pm

For a DP on reimbursement times. Check out on 2/20. Received credit email on 5/20.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
That sucks. You can probably resolve it by sending a copy of your Prestige statement showing the charge. If they insist that is not enough, try to dig up a folio online or from the hotel. That can be vexing though.

There has been a lot of abuse of this, so they are basically treating 4NF like insurance claims.
This is for $100 credit - the hotels have never had a problem (Westin), I'm not home and Bonvoy doesn't provide folio's online so have to send a copy of my whole statement (don't know how to black out irrelevant parts and need more than the page the charge is on to prove it was charged to the correct card).
So they are giving credit to people who haven't paid but I have to send them personal info that they have no right to (other charges) - gives one a great sense that the idiots are running the asylum!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:30 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by estnet

verification process? "

I, too, got one of these for the first time regarding a stay in Feb.

It was eventually awarded as they said the hotel wouldn't verify my stay with them. EVen though the concierge booked the stay,,,,,

They asked me if I could send in a copy of my hotel folio....from a stay almost 3 months prior.......and I stay in hotels almost 200 nights per year.....uh...no...I didn't save that.
estnet and akr1970akr like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My rez for July is messed up. I originally made it via email back in Feb and then had to call a few days later b/c I had the dates wrong. They called hotel to fix. But when I called Citi about another rez the other day, they confirmed my July rez with the original (and wrong) dates. Hotel emailed me to say that Citi never sent them my cc info for the deposit. UGH!

I also had to cancel another rez for July and have emailed them 2x (no response) and called. I was assured I'd get an email confirming the cancellation. It's a foreign independent hotel that they have to call to cancel. But no word from Citi for 4 days now.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
My rez for July is messed up. I originally made it via email back in Feb and then had to call a few days later b/c I had the dates wrong. They called hotel to fix. But when I called Citi about another rez the other day, they confirmed my July rez with the original (and wrong) dates. Hotel emailed me to say that Citi never sent them my cc info for the deposit. UGH!

I also had to cancel another rez for July and have emailed them 2x (no response) and called. I was assured I'd get an email confirming the cancellation. It's a foreign independent hotel that they have to call to cancel. But no word from Citi for 4 days now.
Maybe you're unlucky, or - my hunch - they have reduced to service staff / experience of the agents who are on this team. Maybe they are all working on verification of 4NF 'claims' instead....

The real test of whether any of this business pivot works is sometime next December when people will be confronted with renewal choices - can they tolerate the new package, or is it a pass ? Especially if the anecdotal stories seem to be that new Prestige holders do NOT seem to be getting the Citigold rate (if otherwise entitled to it). I posit that many CG holders could simply hold discounted Schwab Amex Plats, which seems better when compared to Prestige to me.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Maybe you're unlucky, or - my hunch - they have reduced to service staff / experience of the agents who are on this team. Maybe they are all working on verification of 4NF 'claims' instead....

The real test of whether any of this business pivot works is sometime next December when people will be confronted with renewal choices - can they tolerate the new package, or is it a pass ? Especially if the anecdotal stories seem to be that new Prestige holders do NOT seem to be getting the Citigold rate (if otherwise entitled to it). I posit that many CG holders could simply hold discounted Schwab Amex Plats, which seems better when compared to Prestige to me.
I agree. I'll be seriously considering dropping this card. I value my CSR UR more and the 4N benefit is such an absolute drag to actually use. The thankyou.com-only rez will also be problematic b/c they don't always show the best rate. And for many, those rez won't be eligible for status benefits and/or nights etc. It's a great benefit when it works, but it's not working so well anymore. The best year I had, I got about $4k for 4N free. This year, I'll do only around $600.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:24 pm

Here's a question: I have a rez for 2 rooms for 4 nights booked with Citi at a boutique/independent hotel in Europe. I will get 4N credit only for one room, obviously. I emailed the manager/owner at the email address provided in the Citi rez to make a room request. All good. But there was some confusion (possibly exacerbated by language barrier) re who made the rez and where the deposit was (as I noted above, Citi never sent my deposit and the manager was rightfully asking about it). I am tempted to straight up ask the manager if they would offer the same or better discount to me that I'd be getting from Citi. Ultimately, the Citi 4N amounts to a 12.5% discount overall b/c it is only for the first room. The hotel is likely paying a booking fee to Citi, no? Or offering a travel agent rate? I'm pretty sure the concierge called the hotel to make the rez, though it can be done on booking.com and the like. Thoughts?
Old May 27, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
1. Yes
2. No, call the hotel.
3. Through TYP portal.
4. Yes.
5. They will see that you prepaid. You don't have to do anything.
6. No.
​​​
Nirvana91 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
6. Is there anything else I should consider?
Don't panic if the hotel has no record of your reservation until shortly before the stay: Due to hotel Supplier policies applicable to our preferred rates, your name may not be provided to the hotel property until 24 hours prior to your arrival.

Read more here: https://www.thankyou.com/cms/thankyo...ge?src=TYUSENG
Nirvana91 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:51 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My 2 credits for March stays finally posted but one is several hundred dollars less than it’s supposed to be. It appears that they didn’t convert pounds to dollars. They opened a case today but this process is really annoying.

Have others had problems with bookings in foreign currencies posting correctly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.