Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 5:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
.... Isn't the concierge going away in Sep?

Although I'd be glad to be wrong about this, I'm not sure how mechanically one will get reimbursed in 2020 if the servicing for the benefit goes away....
Removing the option to book this benefit through the concierge does not mean that there will be no concierge or no one to process reimbursements.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:42 am

FYI, made a booking on the phone with the concierge on May 1st. For a four-night stay starting that day.

Checked out May 5th, got the good news email on the 6th, 4tn night rebate posted on the 7th.

Impressive.
akr1970akr and milesforhire like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I was able to make a 4NF booking on the phone today for a stay this coming Monday-Friday. Booking confirmation email was also sent on the spot.

I'll update about the rebate time as soon as I have an update.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:26 am

Still waiting on statement credit for an early-March stay that posted to my card on 3/4.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:41 am

Is there anyway to combine the 4th night free benefit with FHR type benefits? For example FHR has free breakfast + 100 credit + 4pm late check out, so it ends being a wash essentially. Has anyone been able to use some of the Mastercard benefits or something of that sort?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bulls011
Is there anyway to combine the 4th night free benefit with FHR type benefits? For example FHR has free breakfast + 100 credit + 4pm late check out, so it ends being a wash essentially. Has anyone been able to use some of the Mastercard benefits or something of that sort?

Thanks!
Yes, they have partnerships with a number of luxury hotel groups that offer similar benefits. Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental stand out. I believe their Four Seasons partnership ended but I might be mistaken.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:52 am

Awesome. Is there a quick way to find out or do you have to call and ask individually?

Looking at the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in San Juan, PR.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Awesome. Is there a quick way to find out or do you have to call and ask individually?

I believe you have to call - I've tried to find a database but never had any luck. It is similar to Virtuoso but not identical.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold

There are no additional benefits at the Condado that I can recall, stayed last March. Great hotel!
Old May 13, 2019, 10:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Seems like they are now posting pre-paid bookings within a week of the date it was booked.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:24 am

Thanks!

Now I'm torn between FHR and Citi Prestige 4th night free.
@joachimm - Any tips for PR? I think we'll end up at the Condado.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:54 pm

im a hilton diamond member and if I use the Citi Concierge to book 4 nights in a Hilton, will i get Hilton benefits/points etc?

I know that using the online version doesnt give me points but what about the phone concierge?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2019, 4:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
im a hilton diamond member and if I use the Citi Concierge to book 4 nights in a Hilton, will i get Hilton benefits/points etc?

I know that using the online version doesnt give me points but what about the phone concierge?

Thanks!
if you call it in then Yes, with your Hilton number you’ll get all benefits.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:16 am

Does anyone have experience booking two hotel rooms (same dates) with the fourth night free benefit?

I'm traveling with my family and needed to book two rooms at the same hotel. I made two separate 4th night free reservations through Citi Concierge (this was done via two phone calls and speaking with two different agents).

If I use the Citi Prestige to pay for both rooms, will I get the fourth night free for both reservations?

It seems like this isn't technically allowed, but I wonder if their system will actually prevent me from receiving the credit on both rooms.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:55 am

unlikely. consider getting a 2 bedroom suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.