Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I have done it too, sort of. Property insisted that I "check-in/ check-out" for the records to stay different. One of them was able to do it without having me leave the room physically and other required me to leave the room. So YMMV... i hope former works for you.
You know, now that you mention it, I'm almost sure that the segregating-the-four-nights-on-the-Prestige thing did involve formally checking out, too, although since I stayed at the same room, it was more of a bookkeeping thing. But, yeah, it probably helps to keep the reservation that Citi (or the concierge, or whoever) verifies with the hotel the same dates as what you booked.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm finding what appear to be apartment rentals on sites like Expedia (I've seen the same property also on airbnb in a few cases). They are not available on thankyou.com. Can such properties be booked via the concierge line and thus eligible for the 4th night free benefit? I'd have assumed no, but when I saw on Expedia got my hopes up.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm finding what appear to be apartment rentals on sites like Expedia (I've seen the same property also on airbnb in a few cases). They are not available on thankyou.com. Can such properties be booked via the concierge line and thus eligible for the 4th night free benefit? I'd have assumed no, but when I saw on Expedia got my hopes up.
Actual individual Airbnb apartment rentals = No.
Aparthotels (where an entire property works like a regular hotel, despite being technically being individually owned apartments) = yes. If you believe it's the latter type, the concierge can call the property to verify their operation.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by baroqen
Aparthotels (where an entire property works like a regular hotel, despite being technically being individually owned apartments) = yes. If you believe it's the latter type, the concierge can call the property to verify their operation.
I've booked condos through the TYP portal when its described as above. These are typically units that have a single mgmt co. that runs the whole area, and has a check in desk, and is more 'hotely' than a complex where everyone has little lockboxes in some central area, and many competing mgmt co's. The latter I've never succeeded in booking through portals or even the concierge Additionally those typically code up as real estate agents on their MCC, so even renting directly is unlikely to trigger the travel multiplier on most travel cards. A few like BOA PR might be ok for rental agencies, but the amount is capped per quarter and most longer rentals will be larger than that amount for us anyways, but in general that's a hard one.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I've booked condos through the TYP portal when its described as above. These are typically units that have a single mgmt co. that runs the whole area, and has a check in desk, and is more 'hotely' than a complex where everyone has little lockboxes in some central area, and many competing mgmt co's.
Originally Posted by baroqen
Thanks to you both. I'll investigate more and see if any are aparthotels.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone had success having the concierge call the hotel directly to book a rate that you individually negotiated (boutique hotel)?

Basically the hotel has agreed to give me 20% off BAR, so I wonder if Citi would be able to book on my behalf.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:59 pm

I've had the CNB Crystal concierge do that, but not the Prestige one. My guess is very much YMMV, with better odds if its a rate you can point to, like 'match this corp rate, or this 3 for 4 on FHR, etc'
callmedtop likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:26 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Has anyone had success having the concierge call the hotel directly to book a rate that you individually negotiated (boutique hotel)?

Basically the hotel has agreed to give me 20% off BAR, so I wonder if Citi would be able to book on my behalf.
Easy: just have Citi book a flexible rate and ask the hotel to change to your negotiated rate. They'll catch the lower price later and give you the correct credit.
callmedtop and akr1970akr like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Easy: just have Citi book a flexible rate and ask the hotel to change to your negotiated rate. They'll catch the lower price later and give you the correct credit.
This is brilliant. The Prestige Concierge will NOT book anything that isn't publicly available. If you can't book it directly on the hotel website via a promo (not corporate) code, you basically can't book it with the concierge.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:48 am

What is the general experience with prepaid/nonrefundable rates and the 4NF credit? I paid in full/nonrefundable on 2/5, completed stay on 3/7. There have been 3 billing statements since payment and 1 since stay completed. I was expecting the credit by now but that was based on my (perhaps incorrect) assumption that they'd credit based on nonrefundable pay date.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:49 am

My credit posted right away post stay on a recent prepaid stay.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:23 pm

my prepaid stay credit posted a few months after booking and a few months prior to stay.
hotel never charged the Citi Prestige and this did nothing to stop the Citi rebate process.
after rebate, switched ressie to WOH Visa for status nights & 4x earning.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Colin
my prepaid stay credit posted a few months after booking and a few months prior to stay.
hotel never charged the Citi Prestige and this did nothing to stop the Citi rebate process.
Technically they can claw it back - are you sure they won't??
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Colin
I think their most exhaustive audit process now is intended to identify these situations, although I'm not sure how easily they can sniff these out.

The hotel didn't have any issue adjusting the rez even with it being a travel agency / IATA booking?

(I've had to do name changes - correcting a concierge/hotel mistake - after concierge booked a stay, which didn't seem to cause issues)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What is the general experience with prepaid/nonrefundable rates and the 4NF credit? I paid in full/nonrefundable on 2/5, completed stay on 3/7. There have been 3 billing statements since payment and 1 since stay completed. I was expecting the credit by now but that was based on my (perhaps incorrect) assumption that they'd credit based on nonrefundable pay date.
My personal experience with these kinds of situations is all over the place. Sometimes you get the credit before the stay, other times it shows up afterwards.

I think in general, most credits are just generally slow to arrive nowadays.

And thinking how bad it is now, I'd worry about concierge booked rez that are happening after Sep 19.

Those could be even slower to show up, especially if they are dropping support for full service TA bookings.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.