Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:13 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I haven't received a credit email in forever. I should look into where they are because I'm pretty sure I have missed like 5+ at this point.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I think they are looking for ways to deny the credits to be honest.
I wouldn't expect anything else -- would you?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Well, there's a difference between verifying that the stay happened versus looking through every single aspect to see if there's some way they can weasel out of the rebate.

I don't get the sense that they did that in prior years, but something seems to have changed after they nerfed the benefit in the stated terms on a go forward basis from 9/19, yet its been buggy starting far earlier.

I'm waiting on a credit from October/November prepayment, when in the past we would sometimes even get the rebate before the stay.

Yes there's been some abuse of the perk (not by me, we only use 2 times a year anyways), but I don't think it was outside their stated T&C. Those were just incredibly poorly designed to begin with. Especially in that first year, when they had the literal 4th night be wholly reimbursed. (go look up that legendary NYC NYE story!).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I just booked last week with that email address.
Lucky.... My Feb 20 email request to them went unanswered.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
.... looking through every single aspect to see if there's some way they can weasel out of the rebate.

Is there any evidence that this is happening? Any pattern of declined reimbursements? It seems more probable that the staffing level has been reduced to lower expenses, and this causes delays.

Bear in mind that the original benefit was designed and funded by MasterCard, not by Citi.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mia
Is there any evidence that this is happening? Any pattern of declined reimbursements? It seems more probable that the staffing level has been reduced to lower expenses, and this causes delays.

Bear in mind that the original benefit was designed and funded by MasterCard, not by Citi.
I haven't see any evidence of that. Just that it takes longer... They miscalculated one credit for me and shorted me, and when I complained after the fact, i.e. after getting the credit instead of the time of booking, showing them the right math, they fixed it.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I inquired about a 4NF res with a 1/1 checkout
my "credit is on it's way email" arrived today for my 1/1 checkout.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FindAWay
my "credit is on it's way email" arrived today for my 1/1 checkout.
Me too.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:09 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Oh boy....here’s a new one.

Called to book a 4-night stay for November about an hour ago. No issues.

Called back just now to make another reservation for the same month and this new gal took all my info and then said, “Ok now they have changed some things around here and our fulfillment staff will get back to you within 24hrs for rates and to help you book this stay.”

I told her that wasn’t acceptable and she told me that that are only now supposed to book 1-2 day out stays immediately and everything else goes to the fulfillment team.

She ended up booking the hotel for me but I think this is another sign of the degradation of customer service for us Prestige holders while we still have access to call in.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1

Called back just now to make another reservation for the same month and this new gal took all my info and then said, “Ok now they have changed some things around here and our fulfillment staff will get back to you within 24hrs for rates and to help you book this stay.”

I told her that wasn’t acceptable and she told me that that are only now supposed to book 1-2 day out stays immediately and everything else goes to the fulfillment team.

She ended up booking the hotel for me but I think this is another sign of the degradation of customer service for us Prestige holders while we still have access to call in.
I didn't get such luck. I emailed them and was told they would respond by yesterday. Obviously, yesterday came and went. But she said she could only "expedite" my request.

I guess there is no more point to calling (and waiting). Just email. If no response (other than the lame "we are working on it, wait a few days", try again.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:44 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I didn't get such luck. I emailed them and was told they would respond by yesterday. Obviously, yesterday came and went. But she said she could only "expedite" my request.

I guess there is no more point to calling (and waiting). Just email. If no response (other than the lame "we are working on it, wait a few days", try again.
My first reservation (the one that I said was all good) actually was not made. I called the next day and asked why and they told me it was sent to the fulfillment team to fill--so THAT rep failed to tell me that she was not filling the reservation right then. Apparently they got very backed up, is what I was told.

WHen I called back the reservation was completed.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
It's not really in their interest to do a good job. If they do -- people continue to use the function, and the PnL bleeding continues.

If they soft default on the Sep 19 concierge cutoff, and effectively make it very hard to book now, they can stop the losses, and maybe avoid a violation of the CARD act.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:02 pm

I'm still a bit confused as to the wording of the new terms. The terms now state..."Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019."

What happens if I make several Bookings prior to September 1, for stays after September 1? Shouldn't these Bookings qualify for 4NF? According to these terms, as long as we have a Booking that was made prior to September 1, we should receive our 4NF credit regardless of the Booking stay date.

Also, what if I prepay the Bookings now for stays after September 2019? (Assuming there's an attractive prepay rate to go with firm dates)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by worldfreqtrav; Mar 13, 2019 at 5:14 pm Reason: adding a second thought
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:19 pm

the wording is clear.
your brain is inserting confusion where none exists.

book dozens of stays with Citi Concierge prior to Sept 1 2019 and no 2019 stay will count towards the cap of two 4-night-free rebates.
every one of these 2019 stays will be rebated for the 4th night free.

the wording is silent on 2020 stays, so one assumes Citi is intending to rebate only the first two 2020 stays.
these 2020 stays would still have to be booked through the concierge by Sept 1 2019.

for all bookings from Sept 1 2019 onwards, Citi Concierge is no longer an option.

Last edited by Colin; Mar 14, 2019 at 4:43 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1

I called today to make two bookings. No instant bookings anymore but she promised the Booking team will book it in 24 hours and send me a confirmation. Let's see what happens... I don't like the devaluing of this benefit, but it was a good run while it lasted I suppose. Over the years I have derived some $4k+ in value from it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.