Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
We've had the concierge call and get offered special rates too. (I still think there was a lot of fat in the rate, but whatevs)

At this moment we're on another 4NF adventure -- a condo I was able to book through the portal.

Normally they will not allow condo properties to be booked over the phone -- or at least I've been shot down every time I tried - but somehow this was available through the portal.

It's gorgeous (and we've stayed here before, ten years ago) and I'm amazed we could do this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
asked Marriott why my Citi booking wasn't showing up in my reservations- they told me "Unfortunately, we are unable to make changes or modifications (including adding a Rewards number) to reservations made through third party websites, travel agencies or sites non affiliated to Marriott/SPG. ". Is this Marriott CS being dumb again or is this an issue others are seeing? The last time I used a 4th night free booking at Marriott was in September so it was still after the merger.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
asked Marriott why my Citi booking wasn't showing up in my reservations- they told me "Unfortunately, we are unable to make changes or modifications (including adding a Rewards number) to reservations made through third party websites, travel agencies or sites non affiliated to Marriott/SPG. ". Is this Marriott CS being dumb again or is this an issue others are seeing? The last time I used a 4th night free booking at Marriott was in September so it was still after the merger.
Did you book via the phone? Or online?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:21 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Not every website allows booking. Some come with "call for making reservation"
I meant if the hotel's website allows you to make a booking then ASpire can also make a 4th night free reservation as long as it isn't a privately-owned villa (lots of those in Thailand, I found out), etc.

My apologies for not being so clear.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Did you book via the phone? Or online?
phone, always
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:27 am

Anyone has any data point booking Amankora recently?
Booked successfully initially now they are sending me the email saying after careful review, Amankora is not considered to be eligible. but I do see previous post from few years ago people were able to book with 4th night free
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:26 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1

finally got the “your credit is on its way” email today.

annnnd it is credited.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by blindsboy21
... Booking online and using code Citi50 knocked another $50 off a $100 booking. The $50 savings was a no brainer.
Has Citi ever had promotions for using their travel site other than CITI50 last spring? I couldn't find any discussion of this, so I guess it's extremely rare. Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by bluebubble
Anyone has any data point booking Amankora recently?
Booked successfully initially now they are sending me the email saying after careful review, Amankora is not considered to be eligible. but I do see previous post from few years ago people were able to book with 4th night free
What are they stating as the reason for disapproving? Amans should be bookable using the 4th Night Free benefit.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
What are they stating as the reason for disapproving? Amans should be bookable using the 4th Night Free benefit.

They just sent me this following email. one thing to note, they only sent me this 2 weeks after confirmation, wondering what I should do

Please see your FAQs about what properties that do not qualify for the complimentary 4th night benefit see exclusions list.

· all meals
· a private car, driver and guide
· road permits
· daily excursions and activities
· house beverages, including house wines and spirits
· personal laundry
· one 60-minute Journey massage per person
· airport transfers to and from Paro Airport to our nearest lodge
· visa processing
· bhutan flight assistance
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by bluebubble
They just sent me this following email. one thing to note, they only sent me this 2 weeks after confirmation, wondering what I should do

Please see your FAQs about what properties that do not qualify for the complimentary 4th night benefit see exclusions list.

· all meals
· a private car, driver and guide
· road permits
· daily excursions and activities
· house beverages, including house wines and spirits
· personal laundry
· one 60-minute Journey massage per person
· airport transfers to and from Paro Airport to our nearest lodge
· visa processing
· bhutan flight assistance
They're looking for any pretext not to have to cover that cost.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:54 pm

Is it no longer possible to request a booking via e-mail ([email protected])? Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by renegurl
Is it no longer possible to request a booking via e-mail ([email protected])? Thanks.
I just booked last week with that email address.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mustang281man
Had a stay on 11/9/2018, just received my email today that I should see the credit with 10 business days. So it looks like it take around 100 days to receive the credit now. Terrible compared to what it used to be.
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I completed a stay at the end of November, and my credit posted last week, so ~75 days for me. Not sure why there's such variance in posting times.
I spoke with a very sharing Concierge yesterday. She indicated that all checkouts through December should have just been completed through the 1st step of their internal review process (I inquired about a 4NF res with a 1/1 checkout). She claimed that it usually takes approximately 2 weeks thereafter to generate the "credit is on the way" emails.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I spoke with a very sharing Concierge yesterday. She indicated that all checkouts through December should have just been completed through the 1st step of their internal review process (I inquired about a 4NF res with a 1/1 checkout). She claimed that it usually takes approximately 2 weeks thereafter to generate the "credit is on the way" emails.
I think they are looking for ways to deny the credits to be honest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.