Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Polytonic
At booking, the Concierge agent indicated otherwise (i.e. the credit would post after staying in the hotel). Not a huge deal; mainly amusing.
Yes, that's my experience as well -- agents will generally say that the credit will post "within X statement months" of the stay. But for non-refundable bookings the credit will generally post within 1-2 weeks of making the booking.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've always used the email or called for booking. Now trying to use thankyou.com but whenever I click on travel or hotels (drop down), it prompts me to log in and then I get this:

We Can’t Find This Page (404)
Sorry, we can’t seem to find the page you’re looking for. We recommend going back to the Citi homepage and trying again.
Return to Citi.com

I've tried 3 different browsers. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
..... prompts me to log in and then I get this:

We Can’t Find This Page (404)
Sounds like a problem in the link between Citi and Connexions, although it seems to work correctly for me. Bear in mind that if you booking online the property will see your transaction as an Online Travel Agency booking which will generally exclude earning hotel points, and may eliminate status recognition. Details vary by chain, and of course this wouldn't matter if it is not a chain property.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:31 pm

My original plan was to cancel my Prestige card when it renews in a couple of months due to the on-going devaluation. I've had the card for many years, but moved on to another premium card.

Anyway, I am looking at making a Hilton four night booking and wanted to make certain that I have my facts straight before I make a reservation. I know that if I book using the Citi ThankYou on-line portal, I'll be charged for three nights immediately, even though the reservation can be canceled. However, I would not receive any Hilton Honors benefits or points. I would be able to cancel my Prestige card even though my stay would not be until after I cancel the card.

If I book through the Citi Concierge, they would be able to secure an AAA rate, as well as the fourth night free (rebated after my stay), and my Hilton Honors points and benefits would be in tact. I would then be required to keep my Prestige card open another year.

Is my understanding correct?

Last edited by TTT103; Jan 6, 2019 at 1:34 pm Reason: Wording
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by TTT103
My original plan was to cancel my Prestige card when it renews in a couple of months due to the on-going devaluation. I've had the card for many years, but moved on to another premium card.

Anyway, I am looking at making a Hilton four night booking and wanted to make certain that I have my facts straight before I make a reservation. I know that if I book using the Citi ThankYou on-line portal, I'll be charged for three nights immediately, even though the reservation can be canceled. However, I would not receive any Hilton Honors benefits or points. I would be able to cancel my Prestige card even though my stay would not be until after I cancel the card.

If I book through the Citi Concierge, they would be able to secure an AAA rate, as well as the fourth night free (rebated after my stay), and my Hilton Honors points and benefits would be in tact. I would then be required to keep my Prestige card open another year.

Is my understanding correct?
When does your fee come due? My anniversary is in Feb, I am thinking of hanging in there a bit longer.
  • They still owe me a 4nf refund from late October
  • I currently have a 4nf booked for early feb.
  • 5x point update for flights.
  • I'd get another round of travel credit
With the above I break even on the fee and if I use the 4nf one or two ore times this year ( I was never a heavy user of this feature) I come out ahead. Next year its definitely not getting renewed unless there are changes.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
When does your fee come due? My anniversary is in Feb, I am thinking of hanging in there a bit Longer.
My annual fee hits in March, and I too am awaiting a 4NF rebate from November. I should more than have the credit by then. However, the booking I’m on the fence about won’t be until August, but I definitely need to book it sooner than later, as the property always sells out.

Im just not certain that if I book the 4NF on-line now, then cancel the card in March, if it won’t create a problem with the reservation.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
In this case you wouldn't get a 4nf unless it's a prepaid reservation. I would think you would be fine, but you won't have any protection if things go south. Unless its going to save you a substantial amount of money I wouldn't risk it.

Other things to think about.

Will you use the 4nf at all again this year besides this one stay?
Will you be able to use the 2020 travel credit before cancelling?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
In this case you wouldn't get a 4nf unless it's a prepaid reservation. I would think you would be fine, but you won't have any protection if things go south. Unless its going to save you a substantial amount of money I wouldn't risk it.

Other things to think about.

Will you use the 4nf at all again this year besides this one stay?
Will you be able to use the 2020 travel credit before cancelling?
I think you've convinced me to keep the card another year. Between the $250 travel credit, and this stay ($325), I will definitely be ahead of the game. Thanks for helping me process through this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Has anyone had issues getting their 4NF credit when they had a late arrival on a stay booked as 4 days, but ended up getting described on the folio as a 3 day stay?

One example would be an arrival after midnight, when the hotel logs arrival time as the next day.

Situation I'm in has our 4N stay (as originally booked) now showing up on the folio as a Deposit Forfeit for 1N + 3N stay.

The total bill the same as what was originally booked. (although I'm not convinced that is correct either due to tax treatment of items, but separate discussion)

What makes this strange is that was all prepaid anyways, so I'm a little vexed as to how the hotel logged everything.

It's a big credit, so I'm expecting trouble with this.

Sigh.

Last edited by akr1970akr; Jan 9, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:14 pm

you should be safe due to the prepaid nature of the Citi case id, which refunds 3 monthly cycles after making the reservation.

in the recent past, i have received the rebate on a prepay even though the hotel never charge the credit card.

makes me think the validation process on a prepay does not involve contacting the hotel.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I guess more accurately, it was a booking with a 60 day cancellation policy, and we booked within that, so it was all charged prior to our arrival.

We've previously had pre paid rates that - as you mention - sent a notice of statement credit before the stay.

That didn't happen here.

I appreciate your color on this.

We had one situation early on where it took six months to get the credit.

I'm anticipating a comparable fight, with less certainty on the outcome, given how much Citi really doesn't want this benefit to be used.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm thinking about a dude ranch vacay. The rates are all-inclusive for a family suite. Thoughts on whether or not they will cover this?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm thinking about a dude ranch vacay. The rates are all-inclusive for a family suite. Thoughts on whether or not they will cover this?
Historically it was covered only if there were no other cheaper rates available. So, if the room is only sold as all-inclusive (i.e., you cannot book it with less than all inclusive) historically it worked.

With all the changes recently you might have a problem finding an agent who will do it, though.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Historically it was covered only if there were no other cheaper rates available. So, if the room is only sold as all-inclusive (i.e., you cannot book it with less than all inclusive) historically it worked.

With all the changes recently you might have a problem finding an agent who will do it, though.
Thanks. The whole place is all-inclusive with no option otherwise. I'll call them once I've decided on dates.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

One more data point for slow fourth night free rebates posting. Earlier in the summer of last year they were posting very quickly for me, sometimes even immediately after a stay. A stay in Chicago in August posted same statement as the stay as well. For stays at the end of October and from November on I have yet to receive any 4th night credits. Have emailed a couple of times and was told at the end of December that they were still only processing stays for the week of October 21...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.