Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:21 am

From others' experience, if you don't get a response from the concierge after the due date (you know how they reply, saying they will get back to you by ___), do you keep on waiting, call to check on it? Is there any point waiting? I found it more expeditious to just email another request.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I think it's pretty clear that they are decreasing the service even before the announced MAJOR devaluation - interesting to see how much business they lose over this.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by immaculate
Speaking of slow...I recently called to follow up on a 4th night credit from October. I asked the concierge I spoke to what the review process was and if they needed me to send my folio in, since I needed an email copy for myself and had the hotel change the aspire lifestyles email address to my personal email address. The concierge told me it wasn't necessary, and that they verify stays by calling the property. Does anyone know if this is actually what they do? If so, no wonder it takes so long.
I think we talked about it earlier this year. We believe they call when the amount is relatively big. Maybe 100-150+?

There must be a number that requires extra-verifying.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So I booked a prepaid 4NF stay via concierge -- I have the hotel confirmation and 4NF credit email confirmations, yet the charge doesn't appear on my card.

t's been a few days now; is this normal? I'm assuming the concierge used my card number on file and booked directly with the hotel, so I can't imagine there isn't even a pending charge.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
So I booked a prepaid 4NF stay via concierge -- I have the hotel confirmation and 4NF credit email confirmations, yet the charge doesn't appear on my card.

t's been a few days now; is this normal? I'm assuming the concierge used my card number on file and booked directly with the hotel, so I can't imagine there isn't even a pending charge.
As has been mentioned before some hotels don't charge pp immediately _ i've had charges done immediately and sometimes not until I check in (but sometimes got the refund even before the hotel charged - but that was long ago - now even pp takes longer for refund)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Missing booking

Well I didn’t have a good result recently.

Booked a Hilton ~6 months back via concierge and got a booking. Was able to add the booking to the Hilton iOS app.

Arrived at hotel last night and couldn’t check in. They had no record of the booking and were sold out in the same room class. In they end they had to make a brand new booking in a lower class as they were sold out. Gave up on using Citi at this point and switched to a different credit card.

Hotel is following up with Hilton bookings to see what happened.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend

Booked a Hilton ~6 months back via concierge and got a booking. Was able to add the booking to the Hilton iOS app.

Arrived at hotel last night and couldn’t check in. They had no record of the booking and were sold out in the same room class. In they end they had to make a brand new booking in a lower class as they were sold out. Gave up on using Citi at this point and switched to a different credit card.

Very sorry to hear about this, but thanks for posting about the experience. A good lesson for me in reconfirming any such Citi bookings with the hotels themselves in the future.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
As has been mentioned before some hotels don't charge pp immediately _ i've had charges done immediately and sometimes not until I check in (but sometimes got the refund even before the hotel charged - but that was long ago - now even pp takes longer for refund)
Data point - made pre paid booking in Oct, (for Jan) received 4th night credit a few weeks later. Charge JUST APPEARED a day ago on my cc - had to double check that I hadn't been charged earlier (I hadn't).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Same problem, different resolution

Same thing happened to us at a Hampton in July. A server upgrade made our Citi rez invisible to the hotel although it still appeared on the Hilton app and website. Rez had been made 9 months before check in date.

BUT - I emailed the Citi Concierge and they told me to simply email the portfolio at the end of the stay. I paid with the Prestige card and followed their instructions- they reimbursed me about 3 weeks later.

If you haven't checked out yet, you might try contacting the concierge. A free night was worth it to me.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I called them yesterday about a 4NF stay that were occurred back in beginning of October. The rep told me that they have a huge backlog + the holidays making a slow down, so I have to call back in 2 weeks if nothing occurs. At this point, you should be expecting 12 - 16 weeks for the 4NF credit to come in.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:54 am

Bizarrely, I received an email confirming my 4NF credit would be posted to my account in the next 10 business days … for a prepaid stay in a few months from now, that has yet to actually be charged to my card.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Bizarrely, I received an email confirming my 4NF credit would be posted to my account in the next 10 business days … for a prepaid stay in a few months from now, that has yet to actually be charged to my card.
For prepaid/non-refundable stays the credit will generally post a few days after making the reservation -- even though the hotel may not end up charging your credit card until check-in or even check-out.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:59 am

See post #653!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

I had something similar happen to my current (in process) stay. We booked a few months ago and when reconfirming everything with the property a few days ago, they had all the details correct, except the guest party name. We'd already been charged, and everything else was the same, but a totally bizarre name was attached to the booking. Hotel thinks it was the Aspires Lifestyles (Citi Concierge) travel agent, but who knows.

TL;DR: call the property before arrival, confirm that everything you see in booking, or app, is the same that they know. Takes 10 min and avoids a world of aggro on long travel days.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
For prepaid/non-refundable stays the credit will generally post a few days after making the reservation -- even though the hotel may not end up charging your credit card until check-in or even check-out.
At booking, the Concierge agent indicated otherwise (i.e. the credit would post after staying in the hotel). Not a huge deal; mainly amusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.