Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
Seems like Citi will be limiting the 4th night free next year:....
Correct:

Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:34 am

Modifying Reservation after booking

I booked a 4th night free stay by calling in, using the Hilton MVP rate code (this is not a pre-paid rate). Everything worked out fine and the upcoming stay is correctly showing up in my Hilton account. I also have an accurate email from the Prestige Concierge showing the estimated stay credit amount.

Now, a couple weeks later, the booked rate has gone down by about $20 per night. I was futzing around in the reservation directly on the Hilton site and I can make the change myself, but I'm worried about possibly messing up the reservation and/or negating my ability to claim the 4th night free credit. I'd really like to avoid calling in if possible - has anybody self-modified their reservation after booking and had problems obtaining the credit as a result? Am I better off either calling-in to modify, or possibly even canceling the whole thing and starting a new booking from scratch?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I booked a 4th night free stay by calling in, using the Hilton MVP rate code (this is not a pre-paid rate). Everything worked out fine and the upcoming stay is correctly showing up in my Hilton account. I also have an accurate email from the Prestige Concierge showing the estimated stay credit amount.

Now, a couple weeks later, the booked rate has gone down by about $20 per night. I was futzing around in the reservation directly on the Hilton site and I can make the change myself, but I'm worried about possibly messing up the reservation and/or negating my ability to claim the 4th night free credit. I'd really like to avoid calling in if possible - has anybody self-modified their reservation after booking and had problems obtaining the credit as a result? Am I better off either calling-in to modify, or possibly even canceling the whole thing and starting a new booking from scratch?
I have done a brg on a concierge booked res myself and no problem with the 4th night, but this is different than what your asking I think b/c my res number and everything else (except rate) stayed the same.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nirvana91

Just to follow up.... I had a meeting canceled so I went ahead and just called the concierge while I had this unexpected free time. They were able to take care of this for me over the phone, it wasn't TOO painful. The system wasn't allowing her to modify the reservation with the new rate so she had to book a completely new reservation and cancel the old one. I also had to make sure that they were still using the MVP rate code. The agent actually said that people should NOT modify the reservation on their own like I was thinking about doing in my message above.... She suggested that tinkering around in the reservation on your own could indeed affect the ease of getting the "fourth night free" credited. I'm not sure if that's all 100% true but if anyone has a similar situation in the future it's probably best to just go ahead and call it in. Better safe than sorry! All in all it took about 30 minutes from start to finish on the phone, but the savings with the new rate is nearly $75 so I feel it was definitely worth my time.
jeepie and akr1970akr like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:30 pm

Is it clear if ryokans are eligible or not?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Always fascinated by the folks who have long waits for the credit to hit.

My wife and I made a reservation for a property on the day of check-in, October 24th. We literally checked in two hours later, checked out on October 27th and 4th night free credit hit our account on October 30th.

Regards
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:13 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by scubadu
Always fascinated by the folks who have long waits for the credit to hit.

My wife and I made a reservation for a property on the day of check-in, October 24th. We literally checked in two hours later, checked out on October 27th and 4th night free credit hit our account on October 30th.

Regards
Just used for first time. Checkout was on 9/08. Credit of $1425 posted 10/29. Citi said wait is dependent upon hotel responsiveness, but I wonder if the amount of the credit also has something to do with it.

We plan to use the heck out of this benefit between now and September 2019.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:15 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by abcx
Is it clear if ryokans are eligible or not?

My son was told they are definitely not and because Amanemu calls itself “Ryokan Style” it might not be 🤨

But a second agent was able to apply there.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by damon88

Just used for first time. Checkout was on 9/08. Credit of $1425 posted 10/29. Citi said wait is dependent upon hotel responsiveness, but I wonder if the amount of the credit also has something to do with it.

We plan to use the heck out of this benefit between now and September 2019.
That's a big credit. Normally for us, the smaller ones come pretty pretty fast. But we once had a $500 or $600 one that took from January stay to June statement credit, with lots of pestering from us. So maybe there is some kind of manual review for those over x $. It would make sense since its a possible point of abuse. (Look up the story about the NYC NYE Times Sq booking ...)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob
Citi Prestige 4th Night Free Rules - question

I am trying to book 4 nights at Amankila. I wanted to book a package (a rate that comes with a couple activities in addition to the standard room and breakfast), but I was told that "packages" like that were not eligible the 4NF benefit - only basic room rates. I was also told there was no way to book a package, even if the 4NF credit would only be on the base room rate.

Secondly, I was told that if I wanted to mix rooms (e.g. 3 nights in a Garden suite and 1 night in an Ocean suite), that would not be possible. I then ask, what if I book 4 nights in a Garden, then when I got to the property, I paid Aman separately for a 1 night upgrade to an Ocean suite? They said they would void the 4NF if they found out, but could not articulate why, since that should make no difference to Citi.

Has anyone encountered these two rules? Are they right?

I read the terms and conditions of the program and couldn't find anything that speaks directly too them (the concierge couldn't point me to where I could find the rules, but I just googled and found this PDF). It says packages are ineligible, but the examples they gave for packages are hotel + transport.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by damon88

My son was told they are definitely not and because Amanemu calls itself “Ryokan Style” it might not be 🤨

But a second agent was able to apply there.
I was told the same. They told me it's in the Citi T&Cs but I can find no such statement.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by riposte
I am trying to book 4 nights at Amankila. I wanted to book a package (a rate that comes with a couple activities in addition to the standard room and breakfast), but I was told that "packages" like that were not eligible the 4NF benefit - only basic room rates. I was also told there was no way to book a package, even if the 4NF credit would only be on the base room rate.

Secondly, I was told that if I wanted to mix rooms (e.g. 3 nights in a Garden suite and 1 night in an Ocean suite), that would not be possible. I then ask, what if I book 4 nights in a Garden, then when I got to the property, I paid Aman separately for a 1 night upgrade to an Ocean suite? They said they would void the 4NF if they found out, but could not articulate why, since that should make no difference to Citi.

Has anyone encountered these two rules? Are they right?

I read the terms and conditions of the program and couldn't find anything that speaks directly too them (the concierge couldn't point me to where I could find the rules, but I just googled and found this PDF). It says packages are ineligible, but the examples they gave for packages are hotel + transport.

From the FAQs

7. Are there hotel rooms or properties that do not qualify for the Complimentary 4th night benefit?
a. Yes, exclusions apply. Eligible hotels do not include rooms in yachts, riverboats, cruises, campgrounds, castles, safaris, villas, apartment rentals and are not eligible for the complimentary 4th night benefit.

8. Would a hotel rate with special perks qualify for the complimentary 4th Night benefit? For example, if the hotel offers a spa credit, kids package, etc. in the rate, would that qualify if there was a lower standard rate?
a. No. This would not qualify

11. Are all inclusive properties eligible?
a. Yes. If an all-inclusive property offers a room rate without the “all inclusive” option, then the benefit will be applied to the room rate only. If the property offers only all-inclusive stays, the 4th night benefit will apply to the 4th night rate

The middle answer addresses your first question- I don’t know where the terms specifically address your second question but that has been my understanding- all 4 nights need to be in same room type.

Last edited by damon88; Nov 5, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I was denied booking a "Resort Credit" rate at the Hyatt Regency Phuket today - the rate was actually cheaper than the Standard Rate for the property but was declined based on the below clause in the T&Cs:

A.2 Unless otherwise specified, the offers cannot be used in conjunction with other special promotion or discounts or promotional coupons or exchanged for cash.
This paragraph seems very ambiguous to me, particularly since I've been able to book several "special promotion" or "discount" rates in the past. Does anyone know how they make the call on the Citi side, or is it a matter of HUACA?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:49 pm

just book the standard rate. in a week, change the reservation email and rate to whatever desired.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Colin
just book the standard rate. in a week, change the reservation email and rate to whatever desired.
You mean call Hyatt and change the rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.