Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by novaguy30
...concierge transferred me so now I just booked on phone with the travel agency and not concierge so no points

Did you ask to pay with ThankYou points rather than money?

Did you ask to book a prepaid rate?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jeepie
I avoid that problem by having my rewards account numbers stored with them in my profile. Ymmv. Cheers.
Do you call in for that? On the website I only see airlines listed, not hotels.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:18 pm

Yes, they will set up your profile...call!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by jeepie
Yes, they will set up your profile...call!
Ok, it is already in my profile.
Just a careless agent then, which I guess I cannot do anything about.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
I have an upcoming 8 night stay at a Hilton and would like to take advantage of 4th night free but also pay for a portion of the stay on a different credit card. Is the following a viable plan for doing that?

- Reserve 5 nights using phone concierge as a 4th night free stay
- Reserve 3 additional nights myself
- At check-in, note that I have two reservations but would like to pay for the first on one card and the second on a different card

Will doing this cause any change to the original Citi concierge reservation that would void my 4th night free benefit? Should I expect the hotel to have any issues with the multiple reservations or the separate credit cards? Any other gotchas I should be aware of?

Should I expect a single receipt at check-out or multiple receipts?

Reason for paying separately is to take advantage of an Amex offer on the other card.

Last edited by shutter41; Apr 9, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shutter41
I have an upcoming 8 night stay at a Hilton and would like to take advantage of 4th night free but also pay for a portion of the stay on a different credit card. Is the following a viable plan for doing that?

- Reserve 5 nights using phone concierge as a 4th night free stay
- Reserve 3 additional nights myself
- At check-in, note that I have two reservations but would like to pay for the first on one card and the second on a different card

Will doing this cause any change to the original Citi concierge reservation that would void my 4th night free benefit? Should I expect the hotel to have any issues with the multiple reservations or the separate credit cards? Any other gotchas I should be aware of?

Should I expect a single receipt at check-out or multiple receipts?

Reason for paying separately is to take advantage of an Amex offer on the other card.
You should tell the hotel at check-in that you want to check-out after the 5th night and check back in immediately while staying in the same room so that you get two receipts.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
You should tell the hotel at check-in that you want to check-out after the 5th night and check back in immediately while staying in the same room so that you get two receipts.
The goal here would actually be a single receipt (for work reimbursement) but still paying on two different cards. Not sure if that's possible though.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Member

The goal here would actually be a single receipt (for work reimbursement) but still paying on two different cards. Not sure if that's possible though.
Why don't you just attach both receipts for the hotel expense in corporate T&E?

Citi has been auditing so if hotel combines stays and generate a single receipt, then Citi will see one receipt and two payment transactions. Maybe Citi doesn't care as long as they see charge equal/exceeding 5 nights stay or maybe they do. No idea.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Why don't you just attach both receipts for the hotel expense in corporate T&E?

Citi has been auditing so if hotel combines stays and generate a single receipt, then Citi will see one receipt and two payment transactions. Maybe Citi doesn't care as long as they see charge equal/exceeding 5 nights stay or maybe they do. No idea.
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, is it possible to do 4 nights, then use another card for a booking of 1 night, and then 4 nights? If the hotel lets you combine it into 1 stay will Citi then not count it as 2 4-night stays? What if you use points or something in the middle, that breaks it up, I presume?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:26 pm

Is it safe to book 4 nights at one hotel and then 4 nights at a different but nearby (a couple blocks away) hotel and get the 4th night free for both? As far as I can tell, the terms don't prohibit it, but I've read some comments of people being given a hard time by the concierge for doing so.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Member

Is it safe to book 4 nights at one hotel and then 4 nights at a different but nearby (a couple blocks away) hotel and get the 4th night free for both? As far as I can tell, the terms don't prohibit it, but I've read some comments of people being given a hard time by the concierge for doing so.
Booking is really not an issue especially if you do separate calls/email. I've had bookings made for the same nights for different hotels because I wasn't sure where I'll be and ultimately cancelling one.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
As other indicated booking isn't a problem - I routinely have multiple booking for the same nights, until I make up my mind where I want to stay.

As for your other question - I have done 4 night immediately followed by another 4 nights, without a problem. At that case, I also made the booking at the same phone call if memory serves me right (it was about 2 years ago for a stay about 1 year ago).
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:44 am

There is a current promo through the Thank You portal for $50 off a 2+ night stay. Any experience if these promos stack with the 4th night benefit or can be used through the phone agents if the hotel isn't offered through the web? Would the promo affect the amount of the 4th night rebate? Thanks for any input
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx
there is a current promo through the thank you portal for $50 off a 2+ night stay. Any experience if these promos stack with the 4th night benefit or can be used through the phone agents if the hotel isn't offered through the web? Would the promo affect the amount of the 4th night rebate? Thanks for any input
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by viajero millero
chatted on the phone with one of the agents. Basically there are two sides on their end:

1. The travel concierge that can help us book (add rewards information, earn points) paid bookings only, where the 4th night is reimbursed at a later date. Here we cannot apply the current "$50 off" discount when booking two or more nights.

2. The thank you points people and the website (both do the same). Here you can book using points and the 4th night free discount is applied immediately (don't have to wait for reimbursement). Here you can also apply the current "$50 off" discount when booking two or more consecutive nights. but no points.

i'm practically living in hotels right now so i'm quite conflicted. The 50% basically translates into 1.75 nights free for my bookings....but on the other hand. No points.

Guess i gotta do the math and figure out if the points+credit i would be earning are worth the $50 i'd be missing out if i book with the concierge.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
So i have a reservation with a Starwood hotel that was booked through thank you points people and not travel concierge for the 4th night free. I was able to later call the hotel directly and give them the confirmation number and they were able to connect it to my starwood account. I look on spg's website and i now see my reservation there. Does anyone ever have any luck getting starwood points in the situations where the hotel was able to connect the reservation to your spg account from a thank you points reservation?? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.