Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
In the last 12 months, this is how many days it took for me, between checkout and the "Your Citi Prestige 4th Night Credit is on its Way" email. FWIW, I think all the emails came on a Monday, so I'm guessing it's a weekly batch job that processes these.

For the one outlier, the 39, I sent an inquiry email after a month had passed, and got a quick reply that the credit would post within a week. For your Feb 19 stay, I'd wait until after Mar 19 (4 Mondays) and then email if you haven't heard from them.
mia and jbeans like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
How long does it take to get the travel credit now? Checked out on 19th Feb still waiting for 4th night credit to be applied.

They used to be much quicker before!
Not sure, because I did a 4th night free reservation online and it worked very well, even got a better rate than the hotel's website. The 4th night cost is deducted at time of purchase instead of credited after stay. The hotel is not part of a program, so no concerns with elite benefits, etc, and it's a cancellable rate. Very smooth process.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Post by VegasGambler describing problems with delivery of new Prestige card has been moved to the general thread, because the experience will be of interest to anyone considering Prestige, and it is not directly related to the hotel benefit.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just following up on my attempt to book the SPG 4th night free rate (where they credit you at the resort) at the St. Regis Bora Bora. Emailed Citi and they offered to book with the following rate:

Room Type: One-bedroom overwater superior lagoon view villa King Bed
Total for the Stay (including Taxes): XPF 624,000.00 / 6,485.14 USD
4th Night Credit: XPF 156,000.00 / 1,621.28 USD
Total with 4th Night Credit Applied: XPF 468,000 / 4,863.86 USD

SPG members receive the following special amenities: 4th Night Free with Sunsational Savings!
1 free night credited at check out, 100$ per stay credit and a room upgrade (subject to availability at check in) .

I assume this means I will get the 4th night credit from Citi (of $1621.28) but can still get the SPG 4th night discount that they credit at check-out?

Last edited by Duke787; Mar 14, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Anyone else having issue with the 4th night free concierge line? Each time I call the phone music plays for a few minutes and then the audio is cut - can't tell if my phone is still on hold or not . Not seeing the rates available via the portal so need to call...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Here's my guess - if they don't check the bill at the end you'll get what they said (probably minus taxes)- if they do you'll get 1/4 off what you paid minus taxes (not sure why they said they'd give u the rate off including taxes - it's an error they commonly make on quotes but usually is reflected properly when credited)

Originally Posted by Duke787
Just following up on my attempt to book the SPG 4th night free rate (where they credit you at the resort) at the St. Regis Bora Bora. Emailed Citi and they offered to book with the following rate:

SPG members receive the following special amenities: 4th Night Free with Sunsational Savings!
1 free night credited at check out, 100$ per stay credit and a room upgrade (subject to availability at check in) .

I assume this means I will get the 4th night credit from Citi (of $1621.28) but can still get the SPG 4th night discount that they credit at check-out?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
Anyone else having issue with the 4th night free concierge line? Each time I call the phone music plays for a few minutes and then the audio is cut - can't tell if my phone is still on hold or not . Not seeing the rates available via the portal so need to call...
Had two bookings done on phone in the past 48 hours. No problem with telephone connection.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Duke787

Is the rate prepaid? If it's not, I would say it's unlikely that you will get both credits. You might have a shot if its prepaid, but given the rather high value, it's possible it'll get audited.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
In my experience the Citi 4th Night Free is stackable with any free night credits (e.g. 3rd night free) so I don't see why you wouldn't get both credits/discounts, unless I am missing something?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
eStandby / Nor1

Does anyone have any experience using the 4th free when granted an eStandby/Nor1 upgrade? Does it get factored into the credit?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I completed a 4 night stay that was booked over the phone (to get a special rate). Completed stay and the 4 night stay has been posted and paid for. Only thing I have from Citi Concierge is an email when the booking was made - it has a case number in the subject of the email.

I called and asked the Concierge how they know when to post the credit. The whole process is manual. They call the hotel direct and verify that you stayed the four nights. They then credit the 4th night in one to two billing cycles. In my case I checked out 11 days ago, and they had already called and confirmed the 4 nights. Just that you have to wait 1 to 2 billing cycles to get the refund.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Does anyone have any experience using the 4th free when granted an eStandby/Nor1 upgrade? Does it get factored into the credit?
The discount is calculated at the time of booking, so any paid upgrades after that (e.g. eStandby) wouldn't count as far as I understand it.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
The discount is calculated at the time of booking, so any paid upgrades after that (e.g. eStandby) wouldn't count as far as I understand it.
Not necessarily - I have had the credit changed from the original quote (usually b/c agent included taxes but when credited it did not include tax so somehow there was a review post stay) - why not call and ask?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Not necessarily - I have had the credit changed from the original quote (usually b/c agent included taxes but when credited it did not include tax so somehow there was a review post stay) - why not call and ask?
That seems like an error on the agent's part as taxes shouldn't be included anyway?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
That seems like an error on the agent's part as taxes shouldn't be included anyway?
Yes, but I was responding to the idea that if you book then pay more (on which I presume they get a higher commission) then you wouldn't get a 1/4 of what you paid for the room - of course the best way is to ask them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.